PFL 2018 Championships: Dec. 31, 7 PM ET/4 PM PT - LIVE PBP Discussion Thread

Yeah but that’s a lot of millions a year for a little return if any. Wonder how long this will last. Just hope the fighters all get paid.
Well, if there are multiple billionaires who own the company and multiple billionaires and millionaires who are investing in the company at what point does your common sense kick in that they have the money to pay all the cost of this first year of the PFL? No one is referring to their future and blah blah blah. The question was answered of how are the fighters going to get paid who won. Question was answered.

You say that to me like it was obvious. I don't know anything about their investors. But I haven't heard of many investors that are willing to just piss millions down the drain. WSOF had a decent model as the UFC feeder league but it was clear they would never be a competitor. PFL on some obscure NBC channel at random times is never going to make enough money to be paying a stable of champs a million dollars every "season". I'll enjoy their fights but it's never going to last. I doubt they'll do another season.
Your original question got answered, I'm not here to debate you on their future

Well, you can also take a smart and educated look at it like this, the PFL has millionaire owners, Donn Davis, Russ Ramsey, and Mark Leschly and billionaire and millionaire investors like the owners of the NHL Washington Capitals, the NBA Washington Wizards, and MLB Washington Nationals, and comedian actor Kevin Hart, and Motivational Speaker Tony Robbins, MGM Digital and Television owner Mark Burnett, and others, and went into year one the PFL Regular Season and Tournament with all costs covered, which is what any smart start up businesses do. And they actually have a business plan in place for the future of the PFL to try to make it profitable and to simply see how it all plays out.

I'm not going to get a post like for 3 weeks.

easy money for her. they wont find anyone to fight her a 155 that is good. lmao
Possible former Olympian Randi Miller, who won a bronze medal in wrestling at 138 pounds and undefeated Female Lightweight fighter Bobbi Jo Dalziel, who is scheduled to fight Brittney Elkin in January.

Well, you can also take a smart and educated look at it like this, the PFL has millionaire owners, Donn Davis, Russ Ramsey, and Mark Leschly and billionaire and millionaire investors like the owners of the NHL Washington Capitals, the NBA Washington Wizards, and MLB Washington Nationals, and comedian actor Kevin Hart, and Motivational Speaker Tony Robbins, MGM Digital and Television owner Mark Burnett, and others, and went into year one the PFL Regular Season and Tournament with all costs covered, which is what any smart start up businesses do. And they actually have a business plan in place for the future of the PFL to try to make it profitable and to simply see how it all plays out.

That's all well and good but outside the existing hardcore MMA fan, do you honestly think they gained any traction?

Spending money to make money is a fine proposition but when your target demographic is minuscule and very bullish in their mindset, it's a losing proposition when the costs are that great.

I hope I'm wrong and I think it's great that they're dishing out that kind of cash but I'd be shocked if there is a season 2 with that kind of cash being offered.

Very happy with the card. Hopefully Cooper realizes you need a real gym with top flight training partners if you want to win it all, Just fighting your brothers in the garage won't get it done.

Are they really going to throw her some cans the next tourney with no grappling and give her a million?lmao.Good for her but that's crazy for PFL to do that.
Former Bronze Medal winner Olympian Randi Miller may join the party in 2019

That's all well and good but outside the existing hardcore MMA fan, do you honestly think they gained any traction?

Spending money to make money is a fine proposition but when your target demographic is minuscule and very bullish in their mindset, it's a losing proposition when the costs are that great.

I hope I'm wrong and I think it's great that they're dishing out that kind of cash but I'd be shocked if there is a season 2 with that kind of cash being offered.
You got an answer, yet you try to change the finish line. You wanted to know about payouts and costs and you got a educated informed answer and that still doesn't satisfy you because you really didn't want an answer you just wanted to be the typical negative. Useless debating with a wall

O’Connell got back in the tourney because of an injury or something right?
Wrong. Sean O'Connell was like the number 5 or 6 seed because of a knockout win in the regular season. And in the playoffs, he pulled a 10-8 round in the second round to win the fight.

You got an answer, yet you try to change the finish line. You wanted to know about payouts and costs and you got a educated informed answer and that still doesn't satisfy you because you really didn't want an answer you just wanted to be the typical negative. Useless debating with a wall

I'm not moving the goalposts. I'm just curious about longterm sustainability. 7 figures worth of donations and investments is incredible up front. But when does that end and the business model begin for the future begin?

I'm honestly curious and not trying to be contrarian just for the sake of dissension.

I'm not moving the goalposts. I'm just curious about longterm sustainability. 7 figures worth of donations and investments is incredible up front. But when does that end and the business model begin for the future begin?

I'm honestly curious and not trying to be contrarian just for the sake of dissension.
For the sake of informing you. Say the PFL has one owner who puts in $1 billion dollars of his own money into the PFL. Then say it cost $100 million to pay all the costs of the PFL for one year. With zero income, that billion dollars could run the PFL for 10 years. Now put your own common sense into the equation and think about the PFL owners Donn Davis, Russ Ramsey, and Mark Leschly. And for them to attract investors like the billionaire owners of the NHL Washington Capitals, the NBA Washington Wizards, and MLB Washington Nationals, MGM Digital and Television Founder and owner Mark Burnett, and Music and Film Producer Jimmy Iovine, and Actor and Comedian Kevin Hart, and Motivational Speaker Tony Robbins and others to invest into the PFL. Don't you think they presented an actual concrete plan in order for them to invest their money into the PFL? Now with any smart start up businesses, first year expenses are already covered, so the first year isn't losing money, the first year lost money from the start because that business already covered the costs for that first year. View the first year as a trial and error and correction will be made like having no more fight cards in Long Beach, but possibly having a fight card in a place like Atlanta, Georgia and Miami, Florida and even in Connecticut, and more in Chicago using Louis Taylor as the draw and maybe at Ohio State using Lance Palmer as the draw for ticket sales. The PFL is going to play out the way it's going to play out, successful or failure.

Former Bronze Medal winner Olympian Randi Miller may join the party in 2019
I just looked her up.She looks like a big girl.If she does join then it will be interesting to see what happens if they get matched up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back