PFL’s numbers

It's not a combined $1 million dollars. It is a stand alone, one time $1 million dollars for winning the final fight. All the other fights in the regular season, the fighters got paid. And in each round of the playoffs, the fighters got paid increasingly different in each round. Stop making this out harder than what it is and stop making things up.

Asked John Nash from Bloodyelbow who is one of the guys over there who looks at financials and stuff of orgs and he said this.

Doesnt make it true and it could be different but I wasnt just making it up, not only one who thought it was a million total for winning the 3 playoff fights.

He said it was explained to him that

1st round winner and loser both get 50k
2nd round both winner and loser get 50k

Final winner gets 900k, loser makes 100k.

So in total

Tournament winner gets 1 mill for 3 fights
Runner up 200k total for 3 fights
Semi loser 100k total for 2 fights
Quarterfinal loser 50k for 1 fight

Close mindedness at it's finest you are. Apparently in your delusional mind every company made much profits in year one and didn't lose anything. Keep being your fantasyland

Strawman bullshit. Never said they need to make a PROFIT in year 1 (news flash, they're in Year 2). They just need to minimize their losses and think ahead better then they have.

You want to keep the delusions that you know more about running a successful business than the owners I have listed of the PFL and the investors of the PFL, then keep those delusions. I can't debate with close mindedness

Because we've seen promotions fold left and right. You think the people funding Strikeforce weren't billionaires or millionaires? They were from the same industry as the ones you referenced as behind PFL. Ever heard of BodogFight or the IFL? All the same type of folk.

I just want to see PFL succeed and that means cutting costs and improving their marketing.

It isn't about being in business for one year or who has invested in it.

It's about the system in place that for a start up org or whatever you want to call them, start each season millions in the hole. That is why the investors will run off before this ever gets going. Even the bigger free agents I've heard next to nothing of any of them even considering PFL.

Rumors were they got 100K a show from NBCSports. Ratings were basically 100K-150K an event. They aren't selling a lot of tickets either. Sounds like 2.4K or whatever for the New York show was the best selling of the year. So they aren't making money there. Sponsors pay based on various things that all come down to exposure. Based on the info we know, that isn't much either. So I highly doubt any of the sponsorship deals are eye opening amounts. Maybe they got some other revenue rolling in from outside the US TV deals, but I can guarantee that isn't much.

Everything we know about them it all adds up to a disaster ending sooner than later.

Would anyone on here invest just 10K in PFL with no guarantees?????

P.S.: I won't be surprised one bit if the investors are using the loses/investments in PFL as nothing more than showing loses to help there bottom line/tax burden for the much more profitable ventures they are involved in for the short term. Same can be said about ONE. This makes more sense then some crazy shot in the dark of this becoming the next UFC. But eventually those wells dry up. Sometimes the people taking the money in, leverage the investments against each other and more or less play a game of rob Paul to play Mary scheme. Which once again usually fails quickly.

Glad someone else here gets it. And good point about on the last paragraph. There's always a tax angle from showing off losses as well. Who knows, maybe they lost $24 million but going to show it off as losing $40 million.

Corporations always do this, either to get tax breaks (or in the case of Amazon to not pay shareholders; one minute Amazon has "never had a profit" and the next minute Bezos is the richest man on the planet. Doh!) Hollywood studios and rich guys who fund films and TV shows do the same thing. There's a whole category of reality shows that never even make it to air but stay listed on IMDB. Because who verifies if a film really cost what it says it did? Spend $2 mill on a film, say it cost $14 million. Who will question it? Multiply that by several times, and it's a same thing.

Glad someone else here gets it. And good point about on the last paragraph. There's always a tax angle from showing off losses as well. Who knows, maybe they lost $24 million but going to show it off as losing $40 million.

Corporations always do this, either to get tax breaks (or in the case of Amazon to not pay shareholders; one minute Amazon has "never had a profit" and the next minute Bezos is the richest man on the planet. Doh!) Hollywood studios and rich guys who fund films and TV shows do the same thing. There's a whole category of reality shows that never even make it to air but stay listed on IMDB. Because who verifies if a film really cost what it says it did? Spend $2 mill on a film, say it cost $14 million. Who will question it? Multiply that by several times, and it's a same thing.
All you're doing is blah blah blah over owners, who are successful and investors who are successful and you're just replying with dribble. It's always an internet keyboard know it all sitting behind a keyboard criticizing every move of successful people while they are out there actually being successful. All your debate is nonsense followed by more nonsense. So arrogant in your close mindedness that you, sitting behind a keyboard knows how to run a successful company better than the actual millionaires and billionaires who are actually running successful companies and who are taking a start up company in their first year of existence as far as their format is concerned and are going to try to make it a successful MMA company. You are so arrogant to believe your own bs that the PFL is going to exist doing the same thing business wise over and over again. Why? Because you're arrogant and full of your own close mindedness. You didn't even know about their partnering up with Team Liquid, one of the largest esports companies in the world. You pay no attention to their owners because you're arrogant. I can't debate with close minded individuals. Any wonder things in the world that are awful in the world take so long to change it's because of close minded individuals just like you.

Last edited:
He said it was explained to him that

1st round winner and loser both get 50k
2nd round both winner and loser get 50k

Final winner gets 900k, loser makes 100k.

So in total

Tournament winner gets 1 mill for 3 fights
Runner up 200k total for 3 fights
Semi loser 100k total for 2 fights
Quarterfinal loser 50k for 1 fight
Louis Taylor, a actual PFL fighter has said in different interviews what the payouts are and will be and how the breakdown was explained to him. The PFL spokesman have been saying the entire season on articles on Forbes magazine what the finals fight payouts would be. But leave it to haters on a actual MMA site, who claim they love MMA so much to constantly spew a air of constant negativity of a start up company.

All you're doing is blah blah blah over owners, who are successful and investors who are successful and you're just replying with dribble. It's always an internet keyboard know it all sitting behind a keyboard criticizing every move of successful people while they are out there actually being successful. All your debate is nonsense followed by more nonsense. I can't debate with close minded individuals. Any wonder things in the world that are awful in the world take so long to change it's because of close minded individuals just like you.

I'm not just spewing mindless dribble like you are. I'm also sharing IDEAS about areas of improvement such as marketing and distribution. I like PFL and can't watch the weigh-ins, you think others can? Locking it up on Facebook helps no one.

Sharing ideas of updating their youtube and having their finalists as guests on MMA shows are all positive ideas.

You are the one talking about growth and yet trying to stifle any possible discussion of said growth.

I'm not just spewing mindless dribble like you are. I'm also sharing IDEAS about areas of improvement such as marketing and distribution. I like PFL and can't watch the weigh-ins, you think others can? Locking it up on Facebook helps no one.

Sharing ideas of updating their youtube and having their finalists as guests on MMA shows are all positive ideas.

You are the one talking about growth and yet trying to stifle any possible discussion of said growth.
Pointless debating with a keyboard child. Goodbye close minded individual

Oh my god! Give it a rest. You knoe more than the PFL owners, you know their entire plans, you know everything there is to know about business. PFL goes away is the only thing that will satisfy you. Enough of this crap. It's just blah blah blah debating with d_m wall. Here's another bit of information for Mr. Know It All, Team Liquid, one of the largest esports companies in the world has partnered up with the Professional Fighters League. I don't pretend to know the PFL owners and investors plans and I don't pretend to know more than they do. But you are pathetic in your blah blah blah statements as if you know absolutely everything there is to know about a startup company's plans for their future. It's ridiculous debating with you.

It's not about knowing more or anything like that. It's just common sense and the owners/operators of the PFL obviously know they can't sustain this with low ticket sales and the currently bad media deal. Nobody wants to see them fail. But the numbers speak volumes and in this case it isn't good no matter what master minds are invested in it. It's one thing to lose money its another when you really can't point to anything good from this first season from a money/business standpoint and you just spent probably 15 million to do this season.

You just go on and put your faith in all these great minds who gave money to the PFL and we'll see what eventually happens with the PFL. I'll enjoy it while its around, but at least I can be realistic about its future under the current conditions.

P.S.: Another stupid move is doing this on NYE. The avg mma fan is out having fun not tuning into the PFL on NYE or really any day this year it appears based on the ratings. But having it Sunday night might of helped ticket sales and viewership. It surely won't have hurt I can tell you that.

I believe investors are smarter than Mike Russell and understand that nothing better could've been done in an inaugural season.

And yes, investors DO understand that PFL is a new page, it's not continuation of WSOF under any circumstances

It's not about knowing more or anything like that. It's just common sense and the owners/operators of the PFL obviously know they can't sustain this with low ticket sales and the currently bad media deal. Nobody wants to see them fail. But the numbers speak volumes and in this case it isn't good no matter what master minds are invested in it. It's one thing to lose money its another when you really can't point to anything good from this first season from a money/business standpoint and you just spent probably 15 million to do this season.

You just go on and put your faith in all these great minds who gave money to the PFL and we'll see what eventually happens with the PFL. I'll enjoy it while its around, but at least I can be realistic about its future under the current conditions.

P.S.: Another stupid move is doing this on NYE. The avg mma fan is out having fun not tuning into the PFL on NYE or really any day this year it appears based on the ratings. But having it Sunday night might of helped ticket sales and viewership. It surely won't have hurt I can tell you that.
Duh, any idiot can see the PFL can't sustain losing money. You MMA fans are so stupid. You actually think the PFL is going stay doing business just this same way losing money until it folds. Seriously only you idiots think like that. No forethought whatsoever because you so called MMA fans don't know their plans for the future and you don't know more than them about running a successful multi-million dollar business and businesses. Yet you MMA fans just debate so stupidly trying to defend that you know everything, the present and their future. So give a d_m rest. The PFL is going to play out the way they are going to play out, so give it a rest with your know it all constant nay sayer statements about a company you know nothing about their plans on anything

Duh, blah blah blah
The way you're defending the PFL's business practices reeks of you being a paid shill.

People have pointed out that their budget isn't sustainable, their investor's success in one field doesn't guarantee success in MMA, and that their advertising is nearly non-existent.

Your only rebuttal to any of those points has been to either call posters "keyboard warriors" or constantly repeat that the investors are successful people.

How much does PFL pay you? Maybe they can add your salary to their losses.

The way you're defending the PFL's business practices reeks of you being a paid shill.

People have pointed out that their budget isn't sustainable, their investor's success in one field doesn't guarantee success in MMA, and that their advertising is nearly non-existent.

Your only rebuttal to any of those points has been to either call posters "keyboard warriors" or constantly repeat that the investors are successful people.

How much does PFL pay you? Maybe they can add your salary to their losses.
I am defending the PFL by keep repeating you people don't know what the PFL plans are so give it a d_m rest. The PFL will play out the way the PFL plays out. But you so called MMA fans claiming you all know everything about the PFL and about their plans, more so than the PFL owners, is hilarious. If the PFL fails, it fails, but you so called MMA fans act like you all want a first year format MMA company to go under.

I am defending the PFL by keep repeating you people don't know what the PFL plans are so give it a d_m rest. The PFL will play out the way the PFL plays out. But you so called MMA fans claiming you all know everything about the PFL and about their plans, more so than the PFL owners, is hilarious. If the PFL fails, it fails, but you so called MMA fans act like you all want a first year format MMA company to go under.
Are you really as stupid as you seem or is it an act?

People have repeatedly pointed out how PFL can improve their chances of success.

In response you either accuse them of being "keyboard warriors" or you parrot the same line about "successful investors, yadda, yadda, yadda..."

You keep stating that the investor's know what they're doing because they've made money in other ventures. You conveniently ignore the facts that...
1. The investors don't decide how their money gets spent
2. Their success in other fields doesn't guarantee success in MMA
3 PFL isn't the first (& won't be the last) MMA upstart to lure big money/names. The ONE thing all others (except UFC) have in common? They're either defunct or close to it.

Instead of parroting the same response to every idea or suggestion why don't you enlighten us all as to how PFL is going to stay afloat while burning through OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY at an alarming rate?

Are you really as stupid as you seem or is it an act?

People have repeatedly pointed out how PFL can improve their chances of success.

In response you either accuse them of being "keyboard warriors" or you parrot the same line about "successful investors, yadda, yadda, yadda..."

You keep stating that the investor's know what they're doing because they've made money in other ventures. You conveniently ignore the facts that...
1. The investors don't decide how their money gets spent
2. Their success in other fields doesn't guarantee success in MMA
3 PFL isn't the first (& won't be the last) MMA upstart to lure big money/names. The ONE thing all others (except UFC) have in common? They're either defunct or close to it.

Instead of parroting the same response to every idea or suggestion why don't you enlighten us all as to how PFL is going to stay afloat while burning through OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY at an alarming rate?
Give a d_m rest child.

Back