PFL’s numbers

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
69EBF935-DF7E-41CD-8038-EB1A2C72984A.png https://mobile.twitter.com/MIKERUSSELLMMA/status/1075255360146038784

Good thing they got investors to throw more money at them to keep them around for another season but they need some real changes to turn a profit especially if they intend to payout all the winners.

Hope they find some success

Wasn't there talk of espn+ adding them to their platform?? All they need is some media fees to keep going.

Fighters getting paid at least, money is being transferred from dumb rich investors to fighters, I'm okay with that, hope it can last at least another season

Tbh, 200k viewers is better than I figured it would be. When you consider what the other two national US MMA companies are pulling, it isn't really that bad. Not good enough, but not bad.

The attendance is dreadful though. That's pretty alarming. They need to secure a "home base" where they are relatively popular, like Strikeforce was in San Jose, and have cards there two or three times a season. That will at least ensure an audience. The TV viewing audience doesn't necessarily care where the fights are taking place. Then they're at least picking up a gate return and showing the TV audience that there are people who want to see their show. Most aren't interested in watching a show with an empty crowd.

View attachment 492709 https://mobile.twitter.com/MIKERUSSELLMMA/status/1075255360146038784

I think this season is just a teaser.

Think of it: they take whoever they can and offer the winner $1M.
A freaking million, and STILL pay them a bit for every fight.

5 fighters are going to have their bum life changed, red panties without Conor McGregor involved.
None of the fighters that are going to fight for the price have ever seen more than $40K from this sport, I'm 100% sure. Most have seen less.

When they get this money, what message will it send to fighters who are much more popular but still get much less?

Tbh, 200k viewers is better than I figured it would be. When you consider what the other two national US MMA companies are pulling, it isn't really that bad. Not good enough, but not bad.

The attendance is dreadful though. That's pretty alarming. They need to secure a "home base" where they are relatively popular, like Strikeforce was in San Jose, and have cards there two or three times a season. That will at least ensure an audience. The TV viewing audience doesn't necessarily care where the fights are taking place. Then they're at least picking up a gate return and showing the TV audience that there are people who want to see their show. Most aren't interested in watching a show with an empty crowd.
Two guys fighting in an empty arena drains excitement even from a great fight. It’s not just the empty seats, but the lack of background noise. Personally I think every fight card should have a few thousand brits on hand to sing songs all night.

I think this season is just a teaser.

Think of it: they take whoever they can and offer the winner $1M.
A freaking million, and STILL pay them a bit for every fight.

5 fighters are going to have their bum life changed, red panties without Conor McGregor involved.
None of the fighters that are going to fight for the price have ever seen more than $40K from this sport, I'm 100% sure. Most have seen less.

When they get this money, what message will it send to fighters who are much more popular but still get much less?
I’m happy for the winners , the question is for how long are they willing to overpay for fighters. Let’s be honest none of the finalists are a million dollar fighters and selling 345 tickets is not going to doit. Hope they can make the ship Stay a float

I’m happy for the winners , the question is for how long are they willing to overpay for fighters. Let’s be honest none of the finalists are a million dollar fighters and selling 345 tickets is not going to doit. Hope they can make the ship Stay a float

As I said: these guys aren't a million dollar fighters, but who DOES get 1M in MMA?
Superstars and (sometimes) their opponents?

So when MMA community sees that an unranked fighter, who got thrown out of big leagues, can get more money than UFC champs - will they think of joinong PFL instead of re-signing with UFC/Bellator/ONE?
The answer is yes

As I said: these guys aren't a million dollar fighters, but who DOES get 1M in MMA?
Superstars and (sometimes) their opponents?

So when MMA community sees that an unranked fighter, who got thrown out of big leagues, can get more money than UFC champs - will they think of joinong PFL instead of re-signing with UFC/Bellator/ONE?
The answer is yes
I agree but it will be a sustainable business? That’s another story

TBH for being the #3 org in America those numbers aren't dreadful. If Bellator ever implodes PFL will be sitting real nice, and unlike other most other minor leagues they have a unique format that can help erase some of the "UFC D-league" stigma others get.

Time will tell, but for now it looks like a serious effort made by smart people...
Time will also tell how smart are they. 25 mil for WSOF and giving away 7.2 mil on the 31st to 6 random dudes. We’ll see? I hope they can survive and I enjoy their shows.

Time will also tell how smart are they. 25 mil for WSOF and giving away 7.2 mil on the 31st to 6 random dudes. We’ll see? I hope they can survive and I enjoy their shows.

Well, first of all these guys have already proved to be smart in other businesses.
Have you seen the list of their sponsors? These are very serious and rich enterpreneurs. There must be at least be a good reason for them to invest in PFL specifically. Maybe they truly believe in the future of this model; maybe there is some complicated betting scheme cooking; maybe all of them are victims of some giant sophisticated fraud.
Other than these 3 options, I don't see any.

Secondly, here is the thing: these random dudes, after they receive 1M, stop being random. And their lives are changed completely.
Do you agree with that? Won't it be a huge case scenario to look at, from all sides of MMA community? I think it will.

There must be at least be a good reason for them to invest in PFL specifically. Maybe they truly believe in the future of this model; maybe there is some complicated betting scheme cooking; maybe all of them are victims of some giant sophisticated fraud.
Laundry money

More names and noteriety should be attracted to the PFL once the 1M dollar checks are cashed. Otherwise, we will have to get used to the Sheilds, Rosholts, and Bradleys being in there. They will not move far from where they are if they don't pay up, trust me on that one.

I agree with the above suggestions: Bigger signings and an actual home base are the key. Regions like the south and southwest where there's not much MMA are wide open.

TBH for being the #3 org in America those numbers aren't dreadful. If Bellator ever implodes PFL will be sitting real nice, and unlike other most other minor leagues they have a unique format that can help erase some of the "UFC D-league" stigma others get.
Maybe with the investors they have, they can buy out Bellator. The UFC doesn't look to be buying any more MMA companies with the lawsuit. ONE and RIZIN seem to have blown their load on Alvarez/MM and Mayweather.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind replacing some of their talent with big Bellator names. The old Bellator tournament format fits right in with the current PFL one.

Big if, though. I wouldn't like to see Bellator go away.

Well, first of all these guys have already proved to be smart in other businesses.
Have you seen the list of their sponsors? These are very serious and rich enterpreneurs. There must be at least be a good reason for them to invest in PFL specifically. Maybe they truly believe in the future of this model; maybe there is some complicated betting scheme cooking; maybe all of them are victims of some giant sophisticated fraud.

Secondly, here is the thing: these random dudes, after they receive 1M, stop being random. And their lives are changed completely.
Do you agree with that? Won't it be a huge case scenario to look at, from all sides of MMA community? I think it will.

I don’t think we see things from the same perspective.....

They are going to loose millions this season.

Sponsors: autotrader, Alienware both whom are Ali abdel aziz work. The others are not going to cover the money they are offering.

So now Steven siler or magomedkerimov win a million dollars and they are going to become the next McGregor?

Lol! Common bro

I don’t think we see things from the same perspective.....

They are going to loose millions this season.

Sponsors: autotrader, Alienware both whom are Ali abdel aziz work. The others are not going to cover the money they are offering.

https://www.pflmma.com/article/prof...n-hart-mark-burnett-tony-robbins--ted-leonsis

Check the sponsors'/investors' list.
I know it's an article from their own site, but it's because I'm lazy. This info has been confirmed, they're not lying about their investors.

They're sitting right now on huge money provided by serious people, as I mentioned.

So now Steven siler or magomedkerimov win a million dollars and they are going to become the next McGregor?

Lol! Common bro

No, they will of course won't be McGregors' in the meaning of superstars.
But they will definitely stop being nobodies in MMA world. They will be well known and their lives, overall, will change drastically.

Now think of someone like , heck, even Mousasi! Yes, Mousasi now gets 150K per fight from Bellator. For fighting their best.
How would he react if offered to get 1M for fighting Magomedkerimovs? I think he would've accepted this offer.

I took Mousasi as an example, I know he won't move anywhere in 2019. But think of other fighters his level, calibre and popularity!

Back