Pettis v Barboza

kappaz

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I have been calling for this fight on Sherdog/Twitter since 2013. It is finally happening and it's about fucking time.

This was my reaction when I first read the news.

_OkUwjUq.jpg

this is gon be pettis' comeback party. Barboza has a weak chin, it'll be exposed

Something tells me it won't live up to the hype that Sherdog has thought of.

yeh, sucks when something looks amazing on paper and doesn't end up meeting expectations. could see it happening here.

I was on here yesterday and in the thread called is UFC 200 going to be a big disappointment I said this fight is the best thing the both fighters, it will be a good fight and at the moment I think it goes all 3 rounds and maybe Pettis win via decision.

This bout stylistically leans towards Edson but I won't be surprised to see AP win it.

Barboza is never in boring fights,

and Pettis is never in boring stand up fights.

I don't think this one is possible to be boring.

I believe Pettis finishes him.

Showtime's kryptonite is strong, pressuring wrestler/boxer. Barboza is none of that. When Anthony finds his range no one can stop him.

Pettis should spend his time on tdd and fight a wrestler instead. I don't want to see him waste his on time on another striker.

It's interesting because the cat is out of the bag on how to defeat Pettis and it's pressure.
Pettis has two loses in a row his confidence isn't going to be as high as normal coming into this fight.

Their styles can't make this boring. This will be awesome.

I believe Pettis finishes him.

Showtime's kryptonite is strong, pressuring wrestler/boxer. Barboza is none of that. When Anthony finds his range no one can stop him.

Thing is you could say exactly the same thing about Barboza. This fight is gonna be nuts. Honestly as a Pettis fan I hope he uses his grappling. Or Barboza decides to try an ill advised takedown again lol.

You beat Barboza by pressuring him. I don't think Pettis has that style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back