Media Pettis says hes a kicker and hes focus on nates legs

This fight has more hype behind it than DC and Stipe.

Yesterday on Sportscenter they had the bald goof on their talking about this weekend and he spend a majority of his time talking about Nate Diaz.
He's not a needle mover.

<31>

This fight has more hype behind it than DC and Stipe.

Yesterday on Sportscenter they had the bald goof on their talking about this weekend and he spend a majority of his time talking about Nate Diaz.
it's the peoples main event. even the bald goof recognizes it

Good. Here's hoping for a repeat of what RDA did to him.

RDA whupped both of them badly. To be fair, I believe Nate had some kind of injury and couldn't train properly. But he's a bad match-up for either.

RDA whupped both of them badly. To be fair, I believe Nate had some kind of injury and couldn't train properly. But he's a bad match-up for either.

Yeah. Diaz bros making excuses. That's new.

I've said it before and I'll say it again

Leg kick
Leg kick
Leg kick
Leg kick
Leg kick
Body kick
Leg kick
High kick
G'n'p

Pettis via TKO round 2

For all those kicks, add a bunch of punches from Nate that Pettis will block with his face.

Even though some speculated that he actually won the fight (I thought he did) Condit had a smart gameplan against Nick. Diaz's like to walk forward and play the taunting game, don't fall for slugging it out with them. They're good boxers for mma with decent reach and they have confidence on the ground which makes their fighting style unique. It's fun to watch. I'm rooting for Nate but would be more comfortable if it was a 5 rounder. I don't know who wins but I'm leaning toward Pettis.

Pettis going for a cheesy leg kick point victory wont engage boxing

I think there's a good chance we will see Pettis win a decision by staying outside boxing range. Though Pettis has had problem with people pressuring him in the past.

Josh Thompson already provided the blueprint to win this fight, Pettis just has to follow it to a tee.

It's like most Diaz fights

If Pettis goes in there with the goal being to finish Diaz, he's likely gonna get finished himself

But if he wants to win the fight and stick to a gamplan, he's likely to win a decision

The key to winning fights right there.

For everyone and every fight.

Sherdog lip experts I need your help. Is Pettis wearing lipstick in this video? Or does he just have fordyce spots on his lips? Not a big deal, I'm just curious.

I like both. Can't pick one. I know they have very different personalities, but i appreciate both. IMO, they have somewhat similar meta-games (good standup, but will submit you given the chance). I think pettis is reight though, Nate has some holes that have been exposed and I'm not sure they have been addressed. But, so does pettis. I think Nate's forward pressure meeting Pettis' variety and gamesmanship will make this a great fight. And that's really all i want to see. I want to see these guys put on a hell of a show and see them do their best. Don't even care who wins.

Pettis going for a cheesy leg kick point victory wont engage boxing
You know what? If that happens (I hope it won't) then Nate should just kick Pettis in the balls. Not many people would complain.
Let's see how a fighter (any fighter) can "strategize/gameplan/fight smart" after having his eggs scrambled.

hard to kick off your back foot
If Pettis doesn't take Nate's legs in the first five minutes, he will gassed and get brutalized by minute 12

Take it from me

Pretty much this. Pettis is known to fight off his back foot in almost all of his recent fights, and has faded after getting into wars. I got Nate winning this one, and possibly by ref stoppage, but most likely a clear UD.

Guys that beat Nate all have had great cardio, and the ability to keep landing while avoiding getting hit by Nate for the entire fight. I just don't trust Pettis to pull that off.

It amazes me how many people are favoring Nate in this fight. 2019 Diaz coming off a long layoff fighting a guy who is a stylistic nightmare for him seems to be a pretty easy pick for Pettis.
I myself will be rooting for Diaz.

But...It’s a fight and anything can happen.
Im in the same boat. Im rooting for nate obviously but pettis is alot more talented but not anywhere near as much heart and determination. I just hope nate breaks him. The first round will be hard to watch as a guy rooting for nate

Back