• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pettis chances of beating WB have to be in the 0.X % range

Everybody here with dat 20/20 hindsight now. Nobody expected Pettis to KO Wonderboy with a punch except the dude who created a thread saying exactly that

LOL @ the Mayweather Mac comparison. Delete account and commit hari kari ts. It's the only honorable thing to do

Everybody here with dat 20/20 hindsight now. Nobody expected Pettis to KO Wonderboy with a punch except the dude who created a thread saying exactly that

Okay

Post a bet slip then, Pettis has lost steam recently but is still a good striker, not rare for fighters to step up a division and do just fine against bigger guys, MW champ and contender are former WW, one of them basically an overweight WW, Cerrone did ok, RDA did ok, Masvidal just put Till to sleep who is considered a huge WW, fight can be competitive as Wonderboy isnt a grappler, should be fun.
Awww, yeah...Showtime Punch.

just realized ts is the one who bumped his own thread. Respect ts. Way to man up sherbro.

Whoever thought this match up was a good idea had to be smoking crack. The odds don't even do it justice. McGregor had a higher chance of beating Mayweather than Pettis does in this fight. It's so uneven that I'm not even interested in watching. Also why would WB be interested in this fight. It does absolutely nothing for him.

Lel

Whoever thought this match up was a good idea had to be smoking crack. The odds don't even do it justice. McGregor had a higher chance of beating Mayweather than Pettis does in this fight. It's so uneven that I'm not even interested in watching. Also why would WB be interested in this fight. It does absolutely nothing for him.

i too thought Thompson would win but i am not a goof who posts dumb shit thinking im one of the cool guys on sherdog.smh

Idiot.

I like how people focus on that one fight ending punch and ignore the fact that Wonderboy was making Pettis look like a clown. Pettis won this time, but Wonderboy whoops him 9/10.
<codychoke>

I guess I have a new advantage over other fans. I have the ESPN+ app and they tally the stats live. Pettis was barely behind on significant strikes. It wasn't as much of a blow out as people think. Granted, Pettis was half way behind WB in terms of head strikes. But his leg and body kicks were scoring well and he wasn't too far behind. He was down two rounds though.

That said, had he not hit that superman punch, it would have been a pretty easy job to a decision for Wonderboy. But Pettis solved the puzzle. Gotta give props for that. Caught WB sleeping and underestimating him. And he hit that sweet spot. Snapped that chin.

But Pettis wasn't getting completely owned. The stats show it was pretty close. WB just happened to land some good shots to the nose to draw blood. But blood doesn't win fights.

completely outclassed?
bloody nose means completely outclassed now?
The style Pettis implemented was beginning to take a toll on Wonderman's legs which was a contributing factor to him getting slept.
Pettis had his nose broken, he would have faded in the later rounds since he was unable to breathe properly. Pettis was completely outclassed, only Wonderboy haters would say otherwise.

You tried son...
ExcitableImmaterialDipper-size_restricted.gif

I guess I have a new advantage over other fans. I have the ESPN+ app and they tally the stats live. Pettis was barely behind on significant strikes. It wasn't as much of a blow out as people think. Granted, Pettis was half way behind WB in terms of head strikes. But his leg and body kicks were scoring well and he wasn't too far behind. He was down two rounds though.

That said, had he not hit that superman punch, it would have been a pretty easy job to a decision for Wonderboy. But Pettis solved the puzzle. Gotta give props for that. Caught WB sleeping and underestimating him. And he hit that sweet spot. Snapped that chin.

But Pettis wasn't getting completely owned. The stats show it was pretty close. WB just happened to land some good shots to the nose to draw blood. But blood doesn't win fights.
It wasn't just blood, it was a broken nose which is a serious injury that can seriously hamper a fighter's output, especially in the later rounds. Most of the strikes Pettis landed were leg kicks, WOnderboy would have won an easy decision had he not been KOed cold.

Pettis had his nose broken, he would have faded in the later rounds since he was unable to breathe properly. Pettis was completely outclassed, only Wonderboy haters would say otherwise.

completely outclassed ...... gets ko'ed

you know how stupid you sound right now?
just about every time Wb landed a strike he ate one in return, thats not outclassing your opponent.

It wasn't just blood, it was a broken nose which is a serious injury that can seriously hamper a fighter's output, especially in the later rounds. Most of the strikes Pettis landed were leg kicks, WOnderboy would have won an easy decision had he not been KOed cold.

No dude. He landed some serious body kicks too. WB's abs were turning bright red. But other than that, you're right. I'm a Pettis fan, but WB was piecing him up and doing a light jog toward the UD line. I'm still blown away that Pettis pulled it off.

completely outclassed ...... gets ko'ed

you know how stupid you sound right now?
just about every time Wb landed a strike he ate one in return, thats not outclassing your opponent.
The only one who sounds stupid here is the guy pretending that fluke KOs don't happen in MMA.

Wonderboy was winning fight, that for sure, but people overestimating it, same with Pettis bloody nose - it was from jab, shit like this happen, not proof Wonderboy was doing more damage.

Amazing bump.

Back