Media Petr Yan is getting ready to take his belt back

Fossor

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Aljo.gif

Well, let's hope he's working out a new counter attack to the death defying "defending from the knees" technique that led to his defeat last time.

Petr was winning the standup comfortably towards the end of the fight. He just needs to learn from Cro Cop and ask Sterling to stand up instead of kneeing him in the head like it was Japan 2003
tf1wjo3uq3p21.jpg
The entire MMA world will laugh out loud if he invites Sterling to stand 8 or 10 times, then Sterling loses a point for stalling on the 11th.

(caveat: I don't dislike Sterling and think the hate he's getting is unfair. So I'm not heaping on here. I'm just acknowledging that he's very unliked by many right now.)

Yan is so well rounded. That kick he lands is nice.... timestamped...

The entire MMA world will laugh out loud if he invites Sterling to stand 8 or 10 times, then Sterling loses a point for stalling on the 11th.

(caveat: I don't dislike Sterling and think the hate he's getting is unfair. So I'm not heaping on here. I'm just acknowledging that he's very unliked by many right now.)

Why did you feel the need to add that stupid caveat?

i hope he'll get it back because hes the superior fighter,but 1nd/2nd round when sterling was fresh he actually did quite well so i just hope aljemama wont get my guy with some fluke shot

war yan, f for aljemein the clown

Yan would have to take a belt and lose it before he can "take it back". Guy gets too much credit for a loss.

Can’t wait to see the true champion step in there and take Sterling out!

I am going to laugh so hard at the butthurt if Sterling just runs through Yan in the rematch.

I bet on Sterling in their first match (luckiest bet I ever won) because I thought he would be able to take Yan down and work him on the ground. When Yan shrugged off the td attempts and then started out-grappling Sterling, it was a real holy shit, this guy is incredible moment.
No fighter is flawless, but Yan damn sure looks it right now. Dude has elite levels of striking, power, grappling, chin/toughness, and cardio. Only complaint I can think of is that is footwork could be a little more dynamic, but since he seems capable of marching anyone down, that might not be necessary. Even with the division as stacked as it is, it's hard to see anyone beating him.

Can’t wait to see the true champion step in there and take Sterling out!
Semantically, I think of Yan as the "uncrowned champ." He was better than Sterling in the fight so he's the best guy, without the belt. But when his "title fight" was pretty illegitimate and he got rightfully DQ'd, "true champ" don't really fly. Like Dustin, he's great, but he's gotta actually earn it at some point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back