Petr Yan, "I didn't see him sitting on his knee, I thought he crouched down"

For people who say he did it intentionally... Why the fuck would anyone do that, knowing full well it was illegal and would get them DQ'd? I just don't get it. The fight was going in his favour too. He would have to be retarded to do it on purpose, knowing full well the consequences.

I mean, if you think he knew it was illegal, and did it anyway, talk me through the logic that you think he followed in his head?

Sometimes fighters do some stupid shit; even when a title/belt is on the line.

like, why did Badr Hari (who was the K1 HW champion at the time), after knocking him down, punched and stomped on Remy Bonjasky during the final of the K-1 World Grand Prix 2008, after having already beaten Peter Aerts (who was the favorite to win the tournament) and Errol Zimmerman that same night?

Why let all of this hard work, time and money (400.000$ for the winner) go to waste?

Because he's an idiot with no self control? Who knows...

Bonjasky stated he couldn't continue after the punch and the solid stomp, and was declared the K-1 World GP 2008 champion and got the trophy and the 400.000$ prize money for the tournament winner.
Badr Hari on his side, got stripped of "his heavyweight title, his runner-up title in the tournament, his prize money from the tournament and the full amount of his fee for participation in the tournament".

At the time Badr Hari and his fans made fun of Bonjasky for "acting like he was hurt", and Overeem even handed him an Oscar statue at the 2009 K1WGP press conference, but most kickboxing fans were on Bonjasky's side.

Badr knew it was illegal to punch & kick someone while he was down under K1 rules, but did it anyway.
Why should Remy keep fighting after getting kicked in the head while down, even if it's the finale of a prestigious tournament?

What Petr Yan did was stupid and a big waste, but sadly that wasn't the first time a fighter did something illegal and dumb in a fight... lots of adrenaline, getting carried away...

I have trouble believing that the champion of the division would be unaware that you can't knee your opponent in the head if he has a knee down.

It's a stupid rule, and PRIDE rules were much better when it came to the knees (but you couldn't elbow someone on the face there, so it wasn't perfect either); but they're still the rules, and after 8 fights in the promotion, the champion is supposed to know them.

The hands don't matter there? Ref clearly meant his knees
Correct. The ref meant his knee but he said it when the hand touched. I understand the goofy rules. But I'm also not 4 rounds into a championship fight being talked to in a foreign language with 10 people hollering at same time with 2 seconds to decide who to listen to.

No matter what unified they go with, if a knee is down, they're grounded.

Or Mighty Mouse.

Mighty mouse has a better chin than Sterling... he was and is still fighting guys in Sterlings weight class and up and is doing quite well.
Lesnar vs MM could have been the next fedor vs Hong Man Choi

The rules shouldn't allow for someone to just sit in a fetal position like that anyway, it's meant to be a fight for fuck sake can't just sit there doing nothing and expect no recourse.

like, why did Badr Hari (who was the K1 HW champion at the time), after knocking him down, punched and stomped on Remy Bonjasky during the final of the K-1 World Grand Prix 2008, after having already beaten Peter Aerts (who was the favorite to win the tournament) and Errol Zimmerman that same night?

Why let all of this hard work, time and money (400.000$ for the winner) go to waste?

Bonjasky stated he couldn't continue after the punch and the solid stomp, and was declared the K-1 World GP 2008 champion and got the trophy and the 400.000$ prize money for the tournament winner.
Badr Hari on his side, got stripped of "his heavyweight title, his runner-up title in the tournament, his prize money from the tournament and the full amount of his fee for participation in the tournament".

At the time Badr Hari and his fans made fun of Bonjasky for "acting like he was hurt", and Overeem even handed him an Oscar statue at the 2009 K1WGP press conference, but most kickboxing fans were on Bonjasky's side.

Badr knew it was illegal to punch & kick someone while he was down under K1 rules, but did it anyway.
Why should Remy keep fighting after getting kicked in the head while down, even if it's the finale of a prestigious tournament?

What Petr Yan did was stupid and a big waste, but sadly that wasn't the first time a fighter did something illegal and dumb in a fight... lots of adrenaline, getting carried away...

I have trouble believing that the champion of the division would be unaware that you can't knee your opponent in the head if he has a knee down.

It's a stupid rule, and PRIDE rules were much better when it came to the knees (but you couldn't elbow someone on the face there, so it wasn't perfect either); but they're still the rules, and after 8 fights in the promotion, the champion is supposed to know them.

Badr just completely lost control in a fit of rage,whereas Yan actually checked w his corner if he was ok to throw the knee. I don't think badr actually got really damaging blows on Remy and that Remy was definitely hamming it up...but badr's act was more or a madman than yan

The rules shouldn't allow for someone to just sit in a fetal position like that anyway, it's meant to be a fight for fuck sake can't just sit there doing nothing and expect no recourse.
It's one of the worst rules in mma.

That was nothing alike, Petr was clearly measured and even spoke to his corner first, there was no outburst or adrenaline, he obviously didn't expect to be DQ afterwards

Mighty mouse has a better chin than Sterling... he was and is still fighting guys in Sterlings weight class and up and is doing quite well.
Lesnar vs MM could have been the next fedor vs Hong Man Choi

Or Amanda Nunes

Back