Petr Yan, "I didn't see him sitting on his knee, I thought he crouched down"

Alexnotonfire

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Yan's speech taken from post-fight press conferences.

"Frankly speaking, I didn't even realize what they told me. I was more focused on his hands once he lifted them off the ground. The footage should reveal the way he lifted his hands off the canvas. I didn't see him sitting on his knee, I thought he crouched down.

After Aljamain's fall, it took me a while to realize it was an illegal kick. Again, I saw how his hands weren't touching the canvas".

He kept his head down and asked his corner to confirm.
Hope he learned the lesson.
BigheartedWastefulCamel-size_restricted.gif

So as long as your knee is on the ground you get kicked or knee'd to the head??

I think for grounded opponents if your head is higher than your ass the strike should be legal. Thisnis a bullshit rule and is arbitrary by literally 1 inch.

It really bothers me that joe and DC made Yan look like the asshole, like he was ignoring the ref

clearly Aljo takes his hands off the ground...
I knew he was going to get kneed right then

bad reffing bad commentating and weak af for aljo to take the belt that way with a bad acting job

he was losing the fight and he knew it

Telling the ref/doctor what they needed to hear to stop the fight just terrible all around

Aljo got his ass whooped by a superior fighter, and overall looked pretty clumsy for a professional fighter, dude fell down 15 times during the fight...

Then proceeded to take an easy way out. Yes it was a hard knee, but cmon, dude layed there for 7 minutes rolling his eyes...

I didn’t even think what he did was illegal

they have changed the rules on this it’s confusing

No they haven’t. One knee down has always been considered a downed opponent you couldn’t knee or kick in the head

the only rule that changed is 1 hand or 2 hands down to be considered down

Back