Petr Yan beats the new champ agai

How can it possibly not be a robbery when every single media outlet had the guy who "lost" winning? If that's not a robbery then what is? In fact, people who say O'Malley won usually say they had to rewatch the fight 10 times to come to that conclusion. Meaning they were watching it with a bias looking for things they could give to O'Malley to justify a win.
I don't care what media pundits think of a fight - I judge by my own eyes, logic, and common sense. It wasn't a robbery by my definition of the term in combat sports. Yan won according to the unified rules, but he looked genuinely concerned for his safety in there for the first time in the many times I've seen him fight. That plus the cut swayed the judges against him.

How can it possibly not be a robbery when every single media outlet had the guy who "lost" winning? If that's not a robbery then what is? In fact, people who say O'Malley won usually say they had to rewatch the fight 10 times to come to that conclusion. Meaning they were watching it with a bias looking for things they could give to O'Malley to justify a win.

Other way around - people watching the fight live had a confirmation bias favoring Yan. At the time a lot of people viewed Yan as the best fighter in the division and thought he only lost by fluke weirdness against Aljo, and thought O'Malley had no chance. So when Yan got takedowns they thought "oh yep scary Russian grappler give him Khabib smesh" but in reality, outside the second round, O'Malley used great grappling skill to prevent any meaningful damage, get back to his feet and outstrike Yan

God I hate fans like you with a passion.

all that built up frustration and self-pity got you hating on random people on the internet lol
you should go back to being just an old and unproductive account
and do not convince yourself that your presence is needed here, because its not :)

If Yan can even get a rematch at this point. That skid is looking pretty ugly. Does Yan have a fight lined up?

He's definitely had some rotten luck lately with some close fights. I think he's back to the drawing board after getting trounced in his last fight though

octagon control is not a scoring criteria and take downs are not either unless they have no striking or kicking.

giphy.gif

Yan lost the 3rd round cleanly, 99% of Yan supporters will even admit that. He was actually outstruck in significant strikes 2.5 to 1 in round 3.

Yan landed some big shots, barrelling hooks that lead into takedowns, in round 3 he scored two takedowns with control.

I thought he won that round, I'll rewatch the fight.

The fact that people even think it is up for debate that O'Malley/Yan was a complete bullshit con job highlights the fact that the MMA community is filled with fucking pro wrestling fan girl retards.

i don't care who won the 1st fight, Yan is going to sleep if he fights O'Malley again.

Yan has lost 3 out of his last 4. He lost to OMalley and OMalley is the champ and Yan can't win a fight to save his life . Deal with it. Yan will likely never get another shot at the belt due to his career trajectory

Sherdog 2022 Fuck these fucking judges robbery 29-28 Yan

Sherdog 2023 I mean yeah Sean manhandled Yan 29-28 Sean

Yan has lost 3 out of his last 4. He lost to OMalley and OMalley is the champ and Yan can't win a fight to save his life . Deal with it. Yan will likely never get another shot at the belt due to his career trajectory

Which was planned.

OMalley is the dog against Sandhagen or Merab.

Thats why Merab is fighting one of his worst matchups in CCC. OMalley would lose to Vera again in a 5 rounder as he can't KO Vera and Vera is not going to give him space to dance for 5 rounds.

OMalley is a great striker though and he would have another close match with Yan if the fought 3 rounds, if they fought 5 then Omalley is definitely the dog.

So in my mind, "the Champ" is a dog against Sandhagen, Merab, Vera and Yan, CCC is a bad matchup for him too but I don't think his grappling would be as effective as Merab.

Yan in a 3 rounder was OMalley's easiest path to a title and he didn't even win that, he got to avoid Vera, CCC, Merab and Sandhagen. Any of those guys instead of Yan and he gets derailed

O'Malley confidently beat Yan, Sean confidently took rounds 1 and 3, turning Yan's face into a bloody mess. Only the 2nd round is questionable, Sean still had the advantage on his feet, but Petr tried to avoid the fight several times, controlling without minimal damage. In 1 and 3, there was also a bit of control for the sake of control, without any damage. Yan is a very unpleasant person, rude and arrogant, always reacts aggressively to questions from russian journalists. He also has a huge little man complex, when UFC veteran Andrei Arlovski came to greet him at some event, he behaved very arrogantly and did not talk to him. Andrei said this in the russian media, after that Yan said in the media if he meets again, he will beat Arlovski. He had several more conflicts with famous people of big stature, and each time he threatened them from afar, being as heavy as one of their legs. He became very arrogant, considering himself a world star. He's like a little aggressive dog barking at everyone.

You are either a troll or fake russian or both.

Stand up was even, but 6 minutes of ground control and TD sealed the deal.

Scores from credible media

IMG_20230820_001854.jpg

Maybe, but dude lost another fight after that loss. Needs at least couple wins to get a ts and not before Merab.

You are either a troll or fake russian or both.

Stand up was even, but 6 minutes of ground control and TD sealed the deal.

Scores from credible media

View attachment 997807
I agree with the judges, just lying on your opponent should not be considered as an advantage, it can only be considered if it's a completely equal fight, and when you get your face destroyed in a mess, you can't get ahead by lying on your opponent without damage. I generally consider this to be avoiding a fight and a waste of time, and would take away points for it. About russian, you are very wrong if you think that all russians love Yan, a lot of people don't like him, he is of the type of people who are called "быдло", this is the equivalent of american redneck. You will be surprised, but Khabib is not very popular here either, if you are not from the Caucasus, a lot of people were rooting for his opponents in every fight.

Back