Television Pete Davidson says he's outgrown Saturday Night Live: 'They think I'm f—ing dumb'

Complaints I have about Pete Davidson:

He clearly wears eyeshadow.

Overall opinion:

Dude suffers from depression so I give him a long leash. This last episode with Ru Paul had him dressed up as Chad in drag and it was a decent skit (Ru Paul is actually very good) and an episode as a whole.

Didn't he just break up with one of those actresses not too long ago, then had a depression episode recently? I felt like his cast mates /the writers were trying to help him out by doing a skit about how attractive he is (the one with the police officers.) Sounds like he thinks in black and white so he'll be depressed until everyone is nice, then instead of just taking it for what it is and leaving it alone for some time, he plays into the limelight right away... which frankly seems bipolar.

Every comedian on SNL in its history has wanted to be the next big thing.

Many are and go on to have lucrative careers far beyond their actual talents.

Looking at you, Rob Schneider
Ehhh he's only employed in Sandler movies at this point. Which is kinda crazy considering those movies suck yet still make money

Ehhh he's only employed in Sandler movies at this point. Which is kinda crazy considering those movies suck yet still make money

I'm pretty sure that every time someone says Sandler movies suck, all of the actors get 10 cents. That shit adds up fast.

I think he's dumb too.

He sounds like a total douche from the stories I've heard about him walking out on standup shows because the host introduced him as Ariana Grande's ex or some shit.

So weird, between this article and him walking out of shows, it seems like he takes jokes personally. But I remember one roast where they made fun of his dad dying on 9/11, the audience got pissed and booed but Pete Davidson told them the joke was funny. At the time I thought "man, this guy has bulletproof skin!"

Which is kinda crazy considering those movies suck yet still make money

*Stares Tyler Perryly

321401_v9_ba.jpg

I've never seen his stand up but I'm interested in checking it out.

I've never found him to be funny on snl though.
How coincidental this should coincide with his Netflix special -- which sheds some light on several Pete Davidson question marks. He's not a terrible storyteller and his jokes should resonate with the Sherbros more than they shouldn't. What I learned from it is the disarming thing about his charm is that he's just as bewildered as you are by what's going on with him. He's an interesting cross-roads, generationally-speaking as well as the divide between realness and woke/pretentiousness.

The special is all right so-so in terms of comedic value and insight, but as a "forty-five minutes with Pete Davidson" you can appreciate his perspective. The "at the time, at the time" line and "Hey, I work hard in order to be able to do that!" routine got some chuckles.

Never mind, I just saw dude has a Netflix special... Perhaps he did in fact come up.

Pete’s stand up delivery is god awful. He has zero natural comedy skills.

he has no business being in comedy.

come to nyc and see comedians that are no name that are 100X better than this dude who doesn’t deserve a Netflix special.

He’s not funny, but he obviously has mad game. tough not to hate ‘em tbh

Dude is not funny at all. Should prob stay on SNL to keep making money. What else will he do?

So I saw his comedy special. Here's what I thought:

He seemed like that guy telling funny stories to his friends at a party. He looked extremely awkward and kept saying "um" a lot, but it had some funny parts.

He called out Louis CK and Ariana Grande and I enjoyed that part. I've always liked when celebrities call out other celebrities for shitty behavior, it seems "real", like they're willing to ruffle the feathers of popular people and aren't doing that fake pretend to like everyone b.s.

In any case, I'm glad he got a boost in his career. It sounds weird but I do wanna see the guy win, I've always been a champion of the underdog. Y'know he lost a parent at a young age, mental health issues, ex- girlfriend disrespects him, he's not taken very seriously on SNL, hell, everyone on this forum is calling him a loser.

He seemed like that guy telling funny stories to his friends at a party. He looked extremely awkward and kept saying "um" a lot, but it had some funny parts.

He called out Louis CK and Ariana Grande and I enjoyed that part. I've always liked when celebrities call out other celebrities for shitty behavior, it seems "real", like they're willing to ruffle the feathers of popular people and aren't doing that fake pretend to like everyone b.s.

In any case, I'm glad he got a boost in his career. It sounds weird but I do wanna see the guy win, I've always been a champion of the underdog. Y'know he lost a parent at a young age, mental health issues, ex- girlfriend disrespects him, he's not taken very seriously on SNL, hell, everyone on this forum is calling him a loser.

I really don't mind the guy. He's out there but he's never denied it. He was very uncomfortable up there and kept letting out a nervous laugh. But yeah I agree, him calling them out was cool. Made some points about Grande.

Weird to say, but he actually looks like it's hard for him to have a "normal" day.

just watched his netflix speacial minus the last 5 min or so.

It was ok, nothing more. I did legit laugh at some of the aria grande stuff and thought it was cool he keeps things real with the audience.

Never liked him (aka, never found him funny). I watched the preview to his new special and I didn't laugh once.

I don't think the guy is a loser though. He must be doing something right.

Back