Media Pereira vs Izzy in reverse? This Sunday the hunter becomes hunted

Who wins a third fight if they meet again?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
We all know the story of “Pereira hunting Adesanya into MMA”.
The saga gave us two phenomenal MMA-fights that contributed to a hell of a storyline spread over 7 years, which I think isn’t even over yet.

Now Poatan will be the one who’s being hunted, as Artem Vakhitov (former GLORY light heavyweight champion and the last man to beat Alex Pereira in kickboxing) is set to make his MMA-debut this Sunday, when he headlines OPEN FC 31 in Russia, free to watch on their Youtube-channel (the event starts at 8am ET)

Some interesting footage:
I’ve noticed Artem Vakhitov has been training his grappling skills for quite some time now, and his standup with small gloves aswell. He appears to be in great shape too, I’ve never seen him this ripped before.
As far as I know he doesn’t have a long-standing background in training his groundgame or something, but he’s a Russian, so who knows lol.
Almost all these dudes grow up doing some kind of sambo

Here are the highlights of Vakhitov’s most recent fight where he put on an absolute kickboxing masterclass:

I wonder how far Vakhitov will make it in MMA…
Izzy and Alex had two kickboxing fights, and then met two more times in MMA.
Vakhitov and Pereira had two kickboxing fights aswell, and now the P4P-great from Russia is getting into MMA.
I assume he has some work to do before he (potentially) makes it to the UFC, but the storyline is definitely there!

Those two fights were razor close and so good, who doesn’t want to see a third meeting, in MMA?

Last edited:
Main-event time for Artem Vakhitov this Sunday!

Alex Pereira had to say something about Vakhitov’s upcoming MMA-debut:

They’re 1-1 in two super close kickboxing championship-fights, Alex edging the first and Artem the second, though it actually looked like the majority of people thought Vakhitov won the first fight and Pereira the second (so in the end they still would’ve been 1-1, lol).

Imo both fights could’ve gone either way.
Makes me wonder what you guys think!

First fight (Alex Pereira won the title):

Second fight (Artem Vakhitov won the title back):

Here’s the official highlights video of both fights combined:

For more insights:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...t-alex-pereira-vs-artem-vakhitov-1-2.4286093/

The man didn't even started in MMA fully and Alex is already being "hunted"? Well, nonsense but ok, I guess. lol.

We all know the story of “Pereira hunting Adesanya into MMA”.
The saga gave us two phenomenal MMA-fights that contributed to a hell of a storyline spread over 7 years, which I think isn’t even over yet.

Now Poatan will be the one who’s being hunted, as Artem Vakhitov (former GLORY light heavyweight champion and the last man to beat Alex Pereira in kickboxing) is set to make his MMA-debut this Sunday, when he headlines OPEN FC 31 in Russia, free to watch on their Youtube-channel (the event starts at 11am ET)

Some interesting footage:
I’ve noticed Artem Vakhitov has been training his grappling skills for quite some time now, and his standup with small gloves aswell. He appears to be in great shape too, I’ve never seen him this ripped before.
As far as I know he doesn’t have a long-standing background in training his groundgame or something, but he’s a Russian, so who knows lol.
Almost all these dudes grow up doing some kind of sambo

Here are the highlights of Vakhitov’s most recent fight where he put on an absolute kickboxing masterclass:

I wonder how far Vakhitov will make it in MMA…
Izzy and Alex had two kickboxing fights, and then met two more times in MMA.
Vakhitov and Pereira had two kickboxing fights aswell, and now the P4P-great from Russia is getting into MMA.
I assume he has some work to do before he (potentially) makes it to the UFC, but the storyline is definitely there!

Those two fights were razor close and so good, who doesn’t want to see a third meeting, in MMA?

Alex Pereira will grapple fuck Vakhitov as hard as Ngannou did to Ciryl Gane

And a new legendary fighter will be born: ADCC Alex Pereira

The man didn't even started in MMA fully and Alex is already being "hunted"? Well, nonsense but ok, I guess. lol.

Very weird transitive entitlement going on here. Even if we go with the Alex hunted Izzy nonsense, trying to now sell me a story of someone hunting Alex who we all saw Izzy put down just doesn't work. These guys need to stay in their lane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back