Pereira has probably beaten a better quality of opponent than Anderson did during his run - Kevin Iole

Wait... He has to run it back with Hill? Are you trolling?
Paddy O'malley is a hood man so He likes Hill, a Fellow hood man.

It's a hoodman ting fam.

I'm black too but I dont play that game. Hill is a can. He's not a real top 5 guy he basically slipped, fell and landed in a title fight. I expect him to lose his next 2 fights because his inflated rank will put him in match ups he can't win.

Last edited:
Iole has been legendary bad at his job. Remember when he started covering mma in 2006/2007 takes really showed he knew nothing about the sport and definitely not an actual fan. In 17-18 years his knowledge is the same

He's cashing those checks, lol.

Peiera would destroy all those fighters with ease. Chael is too small and his Gameplan is too limited. he'd probably have the best chance of these 4 but I'd not favor him.
He was talking about Khalil though

Khalil could beat them with his advantage in size/power, definitely not skill

Paddy O'malley is a hood man so He like Hill, a Fellow hood man.

It's a hoodman ting fam.

I'm black too but I dont play that game. Hill is a can. He's not a real top 5 guy he basically slipped, fell and landed in a title fight. I expect him to lose his next 2 fights because is inflated rank will put him in match ups he can't win.
I respect Hill for vacating the belt like Jiri before when other champs would understandably hold on to it. I just think his response to the fight has been a major stretch. Win 2 fights in a row now and he can be right back in the picture.

Jiri and Hill did not defend their titles against anyone other than Alex. How can they lose their belts? Jan did not beat everyone, he only defended his belt once, and it was against Israel Adesanya who did not bulk up to 205.

I'm not discrediting Alex for fighting who is available, but you're making it seem like no one has ever won against 3 guys as good as Hill, Jiri, and Jan since Jon Jones was champ, which isn't true. That's not to mention that the best 205ers were in the UFC during Jones era, which isn't true of the last few years in the UFC.

It's not comparable to Jon Jones destroying Shogun, Rampage, Evans etc.

Someone like Hill was never a top 5 LHW of the world if you analyzed what other LHWs were active at the time. So what is the utility of stating he is a former champ? It's trying to make him look better than what he is.

Peireira hasn't beaten more champions than Silva regardless, and the standard is silly because divisions like MW had less champions because Silva denied many guys from the belt. Once Silva was dethroned the belt was carried by many different guys until Adesanya.
Machida, Shogun and Rampage all also failed to defend their belts in the UFC or at best be 1 and done. I believe they were better fighters overall at LHW than say Hill, but I would argue Jiri was up there.His body of work outside the UFC is why he got a title shot so quickly.He had 2 devastating KOs against ranked LHWs and beat Glover to win his belt.
Jan also has some great wins at LHW inlcuding Corey Anderson who would be top 10 in the UFC, Krylov, Rockhold, Reyes (1 fight removed from Jones) for example.
Yes it's not as good as Jones taking out our favourites in Pride, but half of Jones wins would be MW in today's UFC. Doesn't change the fact they were great wins.

What you keep forgetting is that Pereira has done all this in the space of around 2-3 years. Jones has been suspended nearly that long during his career.
He has accomplished all these champion fights in the space of 24 months compared to Jones needing 15 odd years to do the same.

Pereiras opponents have held belts when he beat them or held a belt shortly after and he has been finishing every single one of them, not winning close decisions.

The difference is that Jon Jones didnt compete in a division where the best talents had been progressively sidelined in favor of more excitement and, above all, more profits.

The number of top-ranked LHWs whose contracts weren't renewed by the UFC – or who didn't sign in the first place – is the highest of any division.

It's evident that Jan, Jiri or Hill benefitted from these circunstamces to become champs.
The guys you are referencing have losses to guys like Jan and Jiri.

Don't get me wrong I think LHW is terrible in terms of depth at the moment. We got spoiled during the Pride era when LHW and HW were the best divisions.
If I say LHW sucks now I have to also say that most the LHW in Jones era were MW though, because heaps of them went down. You have to remember Jones was out there winning decisions against most of his later opponents and Alex has done what he has done in just on 3 years. Jones at that point did have 2 defences of his belt against Rampage and Lyoto. Lyoto had a controversial defence against Shogun only. Rampage never defended.

trt vitor is more dangerous than hill or jiri
also anderson in his reign was the favorite beating rampage shogun rashad and machida
but chose not to fight for the LHW belt

prime vitor without trt was more dangerous than both
trt vitor was a mythical beast that would round house kick ko pereira like he did everyone else

Machida, Shogun and Rampage all also failed to defend their belts in the UFC or at best be 1 and done. I believe they were better fighters overall at LHW than say Hill, but I would argue Jiri was up there.His body of work outside the UFC is why he got a title shot so quickly.He had 2 devastating KOs against ranked LHWs and beat Glover to win his belt.
Jan also has some great wins at LHW inlcuding Corey Anderson who would be top 10 in the UFC, Krylov, Rockhold, Reyes (1 fight removed from Jones) for example.
Yes it's not as good as Jones taking out our favourites in Pride, but half of Jones wins would be MW in today's UFC. Doesn't change the fact they were great wins.

What you keep forgetting is that Pereira has done all this in the space of around 2-3 years. Jones has been suspended nearly that long during his career.
He has accomplished all these champion fights in the space of 24 months compared to Jones needing 15 odd years to do the same.

Pereiras opponents have held belts when he beat them or held a belt shortly after and he has been finishing every single one of them, not winning close decisions.

jiri was getting mogged by 42 years old glover, wake up
jiri being champion is proof of how WEAK LHW has become
hill is another highly overrated fighter with very basic striking and nothing eles

neither them or ankalaev would be top5 in a division with rashad, jones, dc, gustafson, rumble, vitor, ruas, machida, bader, davis and so on

and these are the guys poatan is building his legacy on
i love the guy but he's king in WEAK division just like izzy was at MW

It's weird to make it seem like Chael Sonnen was a scrub because he was tapped by world class BJJ fighters before fighting Silva. Am I supposed to think BJJ world champs cannot tap out Alex Peireira or anyone that he has fought?

Chael Sonnen would be a serious problem for Alex at middleweight. So idk why anyone is referencing Filho or Maia as if Peireira or any of his opponents can fight like them.

they will laugh at sonnen being tapped by bjj wizard maia but ignore ankalaev and hill getting tapped by a 90's tier fighter like paul craig

Against his 2 most proven (Izzy and old Jan) opponents, he is 2-1 while being knocked out and winning razor edge decision. How can that be compared to Anderson is beyond me. Everyone else was striker and one of those striker was the most perfect matchup for Alex (Jiri).

They are gonna say some other champ 5 years from now beated better people than Alex.

So what, Anderson would make Poatan look silly prime for prime.

I mean, Prime for Prime, Khalil probably beats Leben, Lutter, Marquardt, Irvin, Cote, Leites, Forrest, Bonnar.

Might have a chance against Sonnen, Okami, Maia, Franklin.

Probably loses to Hendo.

Jiri and Izzy could probably beat them all. Strickland too.
Those are MWs. A MW Lahlil doesn't beat most of those MWs. It's just recency bias. Being young before the 6-7 losses you acumulate at the end of your career. He got slept by Walker and Cutabela.

I mean, Prime for Prime, Khalil probably beats Leben, Lutter, Marquardt, Irvin, Cote, Leites, Forrest, Bonnar.

Might have a chance against Sonnen, Okami, Maia, Franklin.

Probably loses to Hendo.

Jiri and Izzy could probably beat them all. Strickland too.
lol no

Back