• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

People that choose not to drive!

Do you drive

• Total voters

BEATDOWNS

At The Redneck Brawl
@plutonium
Reaction score
I was a bit late to the party and didn't get my full drivers license until i was 25 but there are people who never get it. I have always been curious to what makes them decide this. I know a guy around 40 yrs old and he's never driven a car one time. Any Sherdoggers that don't drive care to chime in?

edit: to be clear this is not intended to shame anyone it's a personal choice just curious is all.

Last edited:
Had a licence since I was 17. Am 40 and can count on one hand how many times I've driven in the last decade.

Some people were born to drive, some people were born to be driven.

Probably going to start driving more regular soon, though.

tried to go my whole life without doing it but was eventually forced to due to circumstances and the fact that public transportation becomes more and more worthless every year

Id rather ride my bike but people are killed fairly frequently and we live in the cell phone era

A buddy of mine dated a 27 year old that didn't drive and she lives in L.A. and works in Orange County, what a pain in the ass.

Drive all the way to the end zone! Steeler Nation baby!

vintage-soda-vending-machine-unusual-images-inspirations-old-with-accompanying-cans.jpg

Pittsburgh_Steelers_logo.svg

Pittsburgh Steelers
Six-Time NFL SuperBowl Champions
Eight-Time AFC Champions

tried to go my whole life without doing it but was eventually forced to due to circumstances and the fact that public transportation becomes more and more worthless every year
Why did you try not to? I would feel completely trapped if I couldn't.

Friend of mine didn't pass her test till she was in her late 20s, I could never understand it.

A buddy of mine dated a 27 year old that didn't drive and she lives in L.A. and works in Orange County, what a pain in the ass.

I drove the same guy to work for years at two different jobs, he had a drivers license..

Last edited:
My wife passed her test in 1983 then never drove. She's in the process of getting her licence updated currently so she can possibly drive in the UK.

My 16 year old will start lessons in 2021 as he wants to learn.

My 19 year old has no interest in driving as she worries that she would space out when driving and cause an accident.

I passed my test then never drove for 5 years... I'm the only driver in the family .

Why did you try not to? I would feel completely trapped if I couldn't.

Friend of mine didn't pass her test till she was in her late 20s, I could never understand it.
the stakes are too fucking high. you're always two seconds away from getting into an accident or breaking the law, and nobody else on the road cares about anything but getting to their destination as fast as possible, regardless of how trivial their errand is. in america you can get ticketed for going the speed limit in the cruising lane for obstructing traffic. that's how insane people are here.

if things are close and public transportation is good, you can get around just as fast, even if it requires a little more planning.

the stakes are too fucking high. you're always two seconds away from getting into an accident or breaking the law, and nobody else on the road cares about anything but getting to their destination as fast as possible, regardless of how trivial their errand is. in america you can get ticketed for going the speed limit in the cruising lane for obstructing traffic. that's how insane people are here.

if things are close and public transportation is good, you can get around just as fast, even if it requires a little more planning.
You can get a ticket for sitting in the passing lane in pretty much any country with traffic enforcement. It’s not safe.

Its one thing to not choose to drive, but to not have your license is just a shame, its prob the easiest goto for government ID, what are you gonna do at the liquor store when they check? Pull out a passport or birth certificate?

I'm coming across more people who don't have a license at all, weird. My old man always taught me growing up that you can't always rely on others especially a government; If you have an emergency and are on your own, you should know how to do so in anything, including driving

Its one thing to not choose to drive, but to not have your license is just a shame, its prob the easiest goto for government ID, what are you gonna do at the liquor store when they check? Pull out a passport or birth certificate?
you can get non driver id cards in any state

I was a bit late to the party and didn't get my full drivers license until i was 25 but there are people who never get it. I have always been curious to what makes them decide this. I know a guy around 40 yrs old and he's never driven a car one time. Any Sherdoggers that don't drive care to chime in?

edit: to be clear this is not intended to shame anyone it's a personal choice just curious is all.
Depends where you live, I did get my license in my 20s just to do it but I take the train mostly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back