People still doubting Adesanya but praising Khamzat?

It's because wrestling based guys are ALWAYS given the benefit of doubt while striking based guys are ALWAYS doubted. I made a thread about this. @Kono dio da!

You just get baited to easily that you would hink that.
There's no substitute for the ability to scramble and grind.

Everyone on here did the same for Walker, until he lost then its like he doesn't exist lol. people just do it for fun and something to talk about.

People here believe what they want to believe.

They think just because they like someone it means they will be champ.

people that have knowledge about fighting and that have been around a long time and have seen many fighters come and go, recognize someone that has legit, extreme talent....and khamzat is that guy.

Not many are doubting Izzy’s skills.

Many don’t like his personality which is fine no?

Izzy is as legit as they come as is Costa.

Izzy just beats blown up WWs like Gastelum & Whittaker while a WW like Khazmat is knocking out MWs with one punch.

Only time Izzy fought a true MW like Romero he had to resort to running and arguably lost that fight.

Izzy is just a one dimensional counter striker while has Khazmat actually shown skill in all facets of MMA which is partly a reason still doubt Izzy and praise Khazmat.

It it just me or people are still doubting the abilities of Adesanya but everywhere i go it seems like people are praising Khamzat although he is still unaccomplished? Why is that?

Do people really doubt Israel's abilities or do they just not like Israel?

It it just me or people are still doubting the abilities of Adesanya but everywhere i go it seems like people are praising Khamzat although he is still unaccomplished? Why is that?

1. I don't remember seeing too many people doubting Adesanya's fighting skills.

2. Khamzat is being hyped by the UFC's marketing employees posing as fans. I have been following this forums for quite some times now, and it's not too difficult to see the trend when their marketing team are out in droves to hype up a fighter.

some of you are too sensitive

who is doubting Adesanya? just because some ppl think Romero beat him, and Costa might beat him this week, doesn't mean anybody is doubting him. everybody can be beaten, and eventually most ppl will be beaten.

and Khamzat is just exciting as fuck, pretty obvious.
How is it sensitive to make an observation and ask for other people's thought about it? I'm sure most people here know more about the UFC scene than I do and that's why i asked. I'm not the biggest fan of Adesanya either.

The way of Sherdog: praise you when you’re making your way up the mountain and shit on you once you’ve reached the top. Is normal.

I don't doubt Israel. I think his fights with Anderson and Yoel highlight what he is, which is a boring low output counter striker. His fights depend on a dance partner who is willing to engage, i.e. Whitaker or Gastellum. He is the Usman of Striking. Usman wants to hold guys against a cage. Israel wants to back track against tough opponents non-stop and look for a highlight reel counter, but that is boring, is what it is. He will exit the fight game with his wits in tact and can't really argue that aspect.

Well Izzy did lose his last 2 kickboxing matches, arguably lost to Vettori, had a competitive fight with Gastelum and did nothing against Romero. Also Whittaker basically let himself get ko'd by rushing in the way he did. I'm not saying Izzy isn't great just that he looks more beatable. Of course Izzy has fought far better competition but until Khamzat shows some kind of weakness the hype is going to be crazy. As soon as he loses or even has a somewhat competitive fight with somebody people are going to call him a can, just wait.

adesayna split decisions vettori, barely puts away 40+ silva and 5'7" gastelum (who has since been easily beat by two other MWs), got two good strikes on whittaker (no domination otherwise), and runs away in fear from romero (arguably lost depending on how you score round 5).

hes arrogant to the point hes already calling himself GOAT after what only one impressive performance of a top 5 opponent in beating a depressed whittaker by a good counterstrike. seriously he views himself as better than jon jones already with his shit resume above. his talking on the mic is awful (i.e. fall like the twin towers which he failed to do), clearly getting wrecked by costa so far who barely speaks english.

I think it's because Chimaev has looked like a world beating machine whereas Adesanya barely beat a pudgy welterweight, a WELL past his prime Anderson, and was terrified of (and IMO lost to) Romero.

2. Khamzat is being hyped by the UFC's marketing employees posing as fans. I have been following this forums for quite some times now, and it's not too difficult to see the trend when their marketing team are out in droves to hype up a fighter.

Yep thats what they do. They purchase inactive accounts with posting history to appear legit.

Adesanya is legit, anyone doubting him is stupid.

That said, Adesanya isn't nearly as well-rounded as Khamzat is. Izzy is a great striker and a great fighter, but he's had some tough fights. Khamzat is just smesh smesh smesh and the fight is over.

Does Adesanya have any one-punch KOs? I can't remember one tbh

That said, for now at least, Adesanya has proven himself vs the best of the best. People just want Khamzat to have that chance. He needs a ranked fight, because these unranked opponents have nothing for him

What we've seen with Izzy is a guy who a smarter Gastelum would've finished in the 4th and one who Yoel would've soundly beaten on the scorecards with 25% more output. He talks shit and says he's the next goat, yet he has a grand total of one big time win over a top guy (which also happened to be the best possible stylistic matchup he could've hoped for).

Khamzat on the other hand, is still a bit of a question mark. We know that he can wrestle and throw a hard punch that'll knockout a fighter who's frozen up against the fence. That's fine. What we don't know is how he handles adversity or a fight that isn't over before it begins. Edmen smoked everyone until we discovered that he has zero cardio. O'Malley smoked everyone until we discovered that he's brittle af.

welcome to sherdog, a huge majority of MMA fans are pretty stupid.

also think it's hilarious that adesanya is viewed as one of the most boring fighters in the world on here after the yoel fight, dude has had ONE bad fight. ONE.

The way of Sherdog: praise you when you’re making your way up the mountain and shit on you once you’ve reached the top. Is normal.
It's not only sherdog, also comments on various social media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back