People should stop comparing DC to Cain.

Crytek

Blue Belt
Reaction score
They are very different fighters but with similar styles and backgrounds. No, this is not a Cain vs DC thread, this is about DC's comment saying that he was going to try and mimic Cain's style at 205 since he can't do it at HW.

But I hear people say "If Jon Jones beats DC then we get an idea how he will do against Cain". That's far from the truth.

After watching DC vs Hendo I can definitely see that Cain is WAAYYYY more aggressive than his coach. That's a simple fact. Cain will always be Jones kryptonite. However you can bet your ass that DC will pressure and smother Jon Jones as well. It's all about dat wrasslin' son.

But I don't see how people can say Cain is boring like DC. Watching Cain is like watching an action movie. What I do find entertaining about DC tho is his slams! But... that's pretty much IT.

He doesn't punch nearly as much, switch up and mix things up as much, or finish as brutal, doesn't KEEP MOVING FORWARD like Cain does, etc.. His kicks are slower and more predictable than Cain and he doesn't receive kicks that well himself. Cain will take his opponents down and beat them up the moment they try to throw a body kick at him.

Like I said the slams DC does are the best part of him... but what else?

First off, when you see DC fighting Hendo he starts off by putting Hendo on his ass and then lays on him for a while... Cain would NEVER do that. If it was Cain, he would lock horns with Hendo and beat him up non stop and only use his wrestling if it's appropriate.

DC would need to keep punching the shit out of his opponents till they bleed all over if he wants to mimic Cain's style. He's just too reserved and slow in action to do that, even at LHW. However DC is incredibly mobile now.

DC was laying on Hendo, punching, rolling around on him, punching, then another long instant of smothering... I was so frustrated because DC said he was going to try and mimic Cain's style at 205 since Cain is only man on earth who can do that at HW.

But I must say he didn't mimic anything of Cain like he said he would. DC said that, which is why I made this thread to compare his style to Cain.

DC was also looking tired towards round 3, but good thing he didn't slow down.

PS. DC is a HW amongst smaller guys, 205 is going to be a cake walk. In my opinion. It's almost unfair lol

And DC and Cain only look impressive because there's nobody else like them in the UFC. There's a Cain and DC #2 out there somewhere, but they look impressive now because nobody is on their level. But if you have a division full of guys of their caliber, they may look more human.

They both beat Mayweather

So you are saying that DC and Cain only look good because no one else is as good as them?

The amount of stupidity is truly remarkable.

EDIT: source: You. "they look impressive now because nobody is on their level"

So you are saying that DC and Cain only look good because no one else is as good as them?

No they have skills of course, MAD SKILLS, but since everyone they fight are so weak to them it just makes them look more impressive. Tyrell Fortune, another DC-like wrestler looks like he would ragdoll DC if he trained MMA.

I'm sure there's other Mexicans out there who can also give Cain a run for his money as well. It's hard to keep up with Cain's pace though so I don't know for sure.

Are you saying there's nobody else out there like these two guys? Well maybe, but I'm sure there's other guys like them who can compete in the UFC if they had a chance.

The competition is weak for these guys.

DC is has a short and extremely wide heavyweight frame compared to these smaller guys. Look at his skull.....205 is a cake walk lol He's going to be undefeated forever. No competition.

Cain has to fight guys bigger than himself, we'll see how long that lasts.

Last edited:
Cormier would beat Cain IMO. He's faster and has better wrestling.

Cain and DC MUST fight. Everyone knows what an epic war it would be, we cannot be denied.

I'll never understand the refusal to fight a teammate rational. These guys enjoy getting beat up, so why not take the beating from a friend? They do it in training every day so WTF?

Champions should be stripped of their belt for turning down a challenger, and challengers should never get another title shot after turning one down.

End of rant, nothing more to see here.

DC is very good and I think he could be champ at 205 but I don't see him beating Cain in a 5 rounder. Cain has better cardio and overall better game.

I wish DC was fighting for the 205 title soon.

Thats was indeed super stupid.

Damn, what a bunch of BS put together.

Cormier would beat Cain IMO. He's faster and has better wrestling.

No he would not lol Just ask DC who Cain Velasquez is, he will tell you.

This is not a Cain vs DC thread tho. Why do you guys have to start that? In any case I'll let DC put you in your place with his own quotes...

"DC: The best Cain Velasquez is better than anyone"
"DC: Cain Velasquez is the best fighter in the world"(even over himself)

Cain can also put DC on his ass, yet DC can take Cain down also, but neither can hold eachother there. Then there's days they can't take each other down at all, it's a standstill. But in the end DC said that Cain's pressure works itself out and its too unreal. This was when DC was a heavyweight, you can expect Cain to be even more alpha now that DC is 205. However, DC should have a slight speed increase now.

Cain gets the better of hardcore sparring matches. I can't even tell you how many comments DC has made that give people the impression that Cain is better.

Cain has even picked DC up over his head before in sparring, the same way DC has done it to Barnett. We even seen an example of Cain doing this to DC in a video recently.

But who cares about my opinion of Cain, but coming from DC's own mouth he said that Cain gets the best of him.

If I wanted to, I can really pull out some quotes for you from DC and what he says about Cain. He can't manhandle Cain like he does to everyone else... You can even ASK him on twitter.

Cain doesn't even talk, so I've never heard him brag about himself, but just say good things about DC.

DC is the better wrestler and I don't understand how anyone can question that lol Even Havier Mendez said that DC is the best wrestler in MMA. But at AKA they all admit that CV is the alpha male, and that's even when DC was at HW.

If DC can't control Cain, which he can't, then his greatest strength is canceled out.

Last edited:
No he would not lol Just ask DC who Cain Velasquez is, he will tell you.

This is not a Cain vs DC thread tho. Why do you guys have to start that? In any case...

"DC: The best Cain Velasquez is better than anyone"
"DC: Cain Velasquez is the best fighter in the world"(even over himself)

Cain can also put DC on his ass, yet DC can take Cain down also, but neither can hold eachother there. But in the end DC said that Cain's pressure works itself out and its too unreal. This was when DC was a heavyweight, you can expect Cain to be even more alpha now that DC is 205.

Cain gets the better of hardcore sparring matches. I can't even tell you how many comments DC has made that give people the impression that Cain is better.

Cain has even picked DC up over his head before in sparring.

Who cares about my opinion of Cain, but coming from DC's own mouth he said that Cain gets the best of him.

If I wanted to, I can really pull out some quotes for you from DC and what he says about Cain. He can't manhandle Cain like he does to everyone else... You can even ASK him on twitter.

Cain doesn't even talk, so I've never heard him brag about himself, but just say good things about DC.

DC is the better wrestler. But at AKA they all admit that CV is the alpha male, and that's even when DC was at HW.

Wow, that's shocking, DC actually has good things to say about Cain his best friend?
Will wonders never cease?

Cormier is an impressive fighter to say the least, Cain not so much, still don't see what the big deal is about the man! Jones would tool Cain(I am not a Jones fan by the way) but I could see Black Fedor upsetting Jones!

No one is as aggressive as cain. Hes in a league of his own.His insane cardio allows him to constantly pressure and beat his opponents into pulps. What cormier has over cain though is slightly better wrestling. His takedowns and control are incredibly good

Thats was indeed super stupid.

Damn, what a bunch of BS put together.

Ok then, show me. Let's test your logic and reasoning skills.

Quote me where I said some "BS" and I'll quote you back with facts.

The difference between you and I is that I actually make sense and you post with ZERO substance.

Try me. Where is the bs? I dare you to correct me, because everything I said is true.

Wow, that's shocking, DC actually has good things to say about Cain his best friend?
Will wonders never cease?

Are you saying that DC can't be trusted with his comments because that's his teammate?

Are you trying to say that DC is actually lying about Cain or being untruthfull?

Well, maybe. But do any of us have any reason to NOT trust or believe him?

I'll take his word for it, because it's all we have. If someone speaks about another person then they should consider the impression they give to others. If it's not true, then that's his fault.

No one is as aggressive as cain. Hes in a league of his own.His insane cardio allows him to constantly pressure and beat his opponents into pulps. What cormier has over cain though is slightly better wrestling. His takedowns and control are incredibly good

This is agreeable because it's the truth. But somehow people turn these threads into a VS thread! This is why I try not to make any Beraro and Aldo comparisons, then people just comment about them fighting each other lol That's not the question.

I don't mind longer posts chock full of content to support their topic or opinion, however yours fits into the category of babbling. You try to make the same point 3 different ways in one post and end up just repeating yourself.

The funny part is the entire topic is subjective yet you pass it off as a logic exercise--its a matter of opinion, not fact.

DC and Cain do have similar smothering styles in my opinion. Clearly they aren't the same fighter in the cage and Cain certainly is more active but they mimic each other and randy couture in a lot of ways with the smothering stand-up clinch and dominant ground wrestling.

I don't mind longer posts chock full of content to support their topic or opinion, however yours fits into the category of babbling. You try to make the same point 3 different ways in one post and end up just repeating yourself.

The funny part is the entire topic is subjective yet you pass it off as a logic exercise--its a matter of opinion, not fact.

You might be right about that but who gives a shit? Because I still made my point, and everything I said was true, regardless of who criticizes how I worded it. I was just trying to get my point across because even if someone makes a statement 1 sentence long on sherdog, you can be sure it's not going to get through most of the thick skulls here.

DC and Cain do have similar smothering styles in my opinion. Clearly they aren't the same fighter in the cage and Cain certainly is more active but they mimic each other and randy couture in a lot of ways with the smothering stand-up clinch and dominant ground wrestling.

I've never heard of them saying theyre trying to mimic other fighters, besides DC saying he wants to mimic Cain. But you might be correct.

Last edited:
So DC makes 205(LHW) but he's a HW. TS doesn't understand weight classes.

"PS. DC is a HW amongst smallerguys, 205 is going to be a cake walk.In my opinion. It's almost unfair lol"

Back