People claiming “fake beef” are overreacting

Wise1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
How “fake” was the tension inside that octagon when Adesanya & Romero fought while previous to their contest they were dancing on stage together?

Just because SB and Costa can be cordial for a moment - calm before the storm - doesn’t mean fury won’t follow.

Don’t be so confused that these guys can keep composure when it matters, welcome to the world of professional sports. Surprise surprise! They’re not complete buffoons!

Yes sometimes the promotion/media can play up false narratives but this isn’t one of those times.

Calm down Detective(s).

The “beef” between Izzy and Costa is how beef should be in MMA. Enough dislike to create some funny back and forth jokes and banter, but not enough to result in crazy post-fight antics or attacking each other at the weigh-ins. That type of real beef is good once in a while but gets old really fast.

{<huh}

What's there to overreact about? They can be cool outside the cage and still bring it in the cage. I think most people know this. The "beef" is just to hype up the fight.

The “beef” between Izzy and Costa is how beef should be in MMA. Enough dislike to create some funny back and forth jokes and banter, but not enough to result in crazy post-fight antics or attacking each other at the weigh-ins. That type of real beef is good once in a while but gets old really fast.

Right and besides, Khabib/McG level “beef” isn’t what was promised anyway.

People are too use to Wandy in the hotels!

We know real beefs!

I wouldn’t care if there was beef or not to want to see these guys throw down, sometimes your fighting is all the personality you need to display.

With the UFC being more commercialized, so has the beef. Mostly gone are the days of Krazy Horse fighting chute boxe backstage
hqdefault.jpg

Real prime cut ribeye beef

they just roast each other lol seems like izzy was roasting paulo enormous pecs in the video, pecs which izzy secretly wants to cuddle against

I never saw it as actual beef. It's trash talk to hype a fight but also you can tell they both respect each other.

Just hoping they both don't respect each others power too much Saturday and we get a staring contest though.

They both whispered "it's only business" to each other under the masks.

They are trying to sell their fight. Win, lose, draw the both be sipping blue label with DW talking about how much money they all made by the end of the night.

Most beefs are fake in mma. The fight is a great matchup.
I guess when 2 guys really hate each other is unique as it rarely ever happens.

they’ll be hugging and kissing afterwards.

{<huh}

What's there to overreact about? They can be cool outside the cage and still bring it in the cage. I think most people know this. The "beef" is just to hype up the fight.
People are legit mad and saying they were acting.

Amusing banter is fine and often great for the build up. Not a big deal to me but some of it can be fun. Physical altercations prior to the cage I dislike, I don't want the fight to fall out with some freak occurrence. We lose enough bouts to circumstance, no need to add another factor. I understand tempers and passions flare but save the rage for the cage if it's like that.

Hoping this scrap turns out to be epic!

Amusing banter is fine and often great for the build up. Not a big deal to me but some of it can be fun. Physical altercations prior to the cage I dislike, I don't want the fight to fall out with some freak occurrence. We lose enough bouts to circumstance, no need to add another factor. I understand tempers and passions flare but save the rage for the cage if it's like that.

Hoping this scrap turns out to be epic!

When have we ever lost a matchup due to pre-fight altercations?

I loved the Jon/DC scuffle and so did you.

When have we ever lost a matchup due to pre-fight altercations?

I loved the Jon/DC scuffle and so did you.

I will admit a bit of shocked amusement....and true nothing yet has been lost. I really didn't care for it tho, actually against any aggressive physical contact before the cage.

But like opinions to each their own. It's likely to occur again so enjoy!

This is how they get idiots to pay for fights. I havent watched an interview or promo in years. If i want to see a fight its because i want to see the matchup nothing else.

... actually against any aggressive physical contact before the cage.

But like opinions to each their own. It's likely to occur again so enjoy!

Yeah I don’t think you’re being very honest.

-Conor punching Nate’s hand.
-Holm & Ronda scuffle.
-Nick and Bj.
-Khabib and Abel.
Etc
Etc

All those instances turned up the intensity/excitement but maybe you are being honest and like you said, to each his own but I love that sh**

All those instances turned up the intensity/excitement but maybe you are being honest and like you said, to each his own but I love that sh**

Well I will give you that I often like to see the instigating offender eat a lil crow for their actions. I am honest in the fact I prefer it not to occur.

It's all good as long as we get a solid scrap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back