People are missing the BIGGEST point in Ngannou vs Cain...

It was technical knockout. If you can't continue due to injury you lose by technical knockout. That's the way it's been forever in combat sports.

I agree with that. TKO via Ref stoppage is fine... Except it was ruled a knock out and being sold as one too.

i thought the biggest thing everyone missed was that Cain said he got punched directly after the fight and then said he was never touched in the post fight conference.

what would make Cain change his story in a matter of minutes? possibly concussed?

975lpd.jpg

giphy.gif

He was rocked by Ngannou ´s uppercut, thats why he broke his ankle.

It was technical knockout. If you can't continue due to injury you lose by technical knockout. That's the way it's been forever in combat sports.
It was ruled a knockout, not a technical knockout, as in the ref is realllly dumb or Buffer is the dumbass that announced it wrong.

I see most Sherbros discussing weather or not Ngannou connected on Cain...

That’s completely besides the point regarding the ruling of the fight. It was not a “knock out” in any way. Cain was fully conscious the entire time grimacing in pain reaching for his knee.

[PS before people start acting silly: This is an unbiased assessment, I had no dog in this fight and have been a critic of Cain over the years. The fans were robbed of a conclusive fight.]

Discuss
It was a technical knock out, not a knock out. The punch dropped him. Robbed of a conclusive fight? On what planet? He was dropped, fell funny and hurt his knee.

It was a technical knock out, not a knock out. The punch dropped him. Robbed of a conclusive fight? On what planet? He was dropped, fell funny and hurt his knee.

Lol stop it goofball, you’ve had some weird grudge against AKA ever since DC SLEPT your boy Stipe.

Let’s give you the benefit of the doubt, it was the punch that dropped him before he blew out his knee... the ref didn’t stop it at that point. He allowed continuation and the replay CLEARLY shows Cain was fully conscious signaling his knee.

Ngannou vs Cain Inconclusive

DC vs Stipe is what a CONCLUSIVE finish looks like:

10797539_web1_MMA-UFC226_070718ev_044.jpg

Lol stop it goofball, you’ve had some weird grudge against AKA ever since DC SLEPT your boy Stipe.

Let’s give you the benefit of the doubt, it was the punch that dropped him before he blew out his knee... the ref didn’t stop it at that point. He allowed continuation and the replay CLEARLY shows Cain was fully conscious signaling his knee.

Ngannou vs Cain Inconclusive

DC vs Stipe is what a CONCLUSIVE finish looks like:

10797539_web1_MMA-UFC226_070718ev_044.jpg
Cain was dropped by a punch and hurt his knee falling. That is conclusive.

I actually was hoping to see Cain win and then fight Stipe, Check my post history in the last week. Alas, Cain was conclusively finished. End of story.

The BIGGEST point is Cain will never be the same, so we can all take that knowledge and move on. He's still a threat just the same as say Hendo is a threat. But he isn't the monster he once was. They aren't immortal. Fans should accept that reality.

I see most Sherbros discussing weather or not Ngannou connected on Cain...

That’s completely besides the point regarding the ruling of the fight. It was not a “knock out” in any way. Cain was fully conscious the entire time grimacing in pain reaching for his knee.

[PS before people start acting silly: This is an unbiased assessment, I had no dog in this fight and have been a critic of Cain over the years. The fans were robbed of a conclusive fight.]

Discuss

It literally doesn't matter that anyone can watch the video and see he wasn't KO'd, people are still gonna say what they want to say. I mean the punch right before the injury wasn't even an uppercut, and Ngannou doesn't talk about feeling like he connected , yet he still says he hit him with an uppercut and he knows this because he watched the video replay. It's out of anyone's hands now, you could make this thread every day and in 5 years people will still be saying he KO'd Cain.

It literally doesn't matter that anyone can watch the video and see he wasn't KO'd, people are still gonna say what they want to say. I mean the punch right before the injury wasn't even an uppercut, and Ngannou doesn't talk about feeling like he connected , yet he still says he hit him with an uppercut and he knows this because he watched the video replay. It's out of anyone's hands now, you could make this thread every day and in 5 years people will still be saying he KO'd Cain.
No one is saying he KO'd Cain. They're saying he TKO'd Cain by dropping him, injuring Cain and Francis finished with GNP.

It was a legit tko injury stoppage.

Cain fell that way in part from being caught with a nice short uppercut.

It also wasn't a fight that meant very much in terms of Cain or Ngannou's abilities.

26 seconds. Potential "Freak" injury (though Cain has porcelain joints so that could have played into it)

People making excuses as sombody who watched the fight

Ngaunna connected an uppercut that moved cain back as he was trying to grab francis leg.

Thus cain falling to his butt the posisition his legs were in was awkward.

And the weight on his knee buckled as he tried to position himself..

So he was fucked and the ref saved him from a brutal ko.

He could not defend and francis beat him like a little brother.

So... OP's idea of the BIGGEST missing point is a technicality?

A more important point missed by many is that the fight was over with or without the knee issue. Cain folded like a cheap suit after that short uppercut.

Yeah it was something called a TKO.

If he grabbed his knee instead of turtling and covering his head then it would probably be a tko. But he ate two big shots then turtled up, so KO is fine.

Back