People are fearful because they focus too much on self.

DataBreach

Cocaine Fueled Decision Making Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
A man sees a child walk into the street and notices a bus is going to run the child over. He jumps into action and runs and pushes the child out of the way and, in the process, both of his legs are run over. He loses both legs and in the hospital he is interviewed and asked…

“Why did you save that child? Weren’t you afraid and fearful you would die?
The man answers calmly, “No. I was only focusing on the fact a young child was about to be killed. I didn’t even have the time to think about myself. All my thoughts were for the child and I had no fear.

We’ve heard stories like this. Weak people or even teenagers lifting cars off relatives. These people are so focused on others that something empowers them.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...y-strength-lift-burning-car-off-dad/78675898/

1 John 4:18

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Perfect love empowers them.

Perfect love is learning to only focus on others rather than yourself. If your entire focus is on others, it is impossible for your body/vessel to hold fear.

The person that only focuses on others rather than themselves holds perfect love. Many people who experience more fear than necessary need to learn to be more compassionate and nonjudgmental toward others. This will open the door for them to love and appreciate others differently, and eventually, love them for who they are. The love they learn to hold for others will cast out fear if provoked.

Last edited:
What does this have to do with tipping, though?

This is true. Fear comes from the ego basically. The ego fears that one day it will be destroyed. People with huge egos are usually afraid of death. And afraid of poverty. So they hoard riches, and constantly search for ways to prolong their lives. You see the super wealthy do this all the time.

This is how life is supposed to be. We are supposed to surrender concerns for ourselves so that we can learn to care for others. This is what we should strive to become. Trying to walk this path now, I realize how incredibly far that I have to go. Anyone else at this point now or has been at this point?

"Greater love hath no man this that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

you know why he wasnt afraid? because he was a man, in a situation like that only a weak bitch questions himself, a real man acts

I agree with you OP. Our society is very ego-centric though.

Modern psychologists would hint to it being easier to save someone else than saving yourself. A sort of projection - escaping the ultimate responsibility in saving yourself.

I personally find it more easy and more natural to help others.

I can see it. If I saw my trapped Mother underneath a car, that fucking this is coming off the ground one way or another.

What about focusing on others so much and not enough on yourself because you fear the vast and empty void that dwells within us all?

the second there's a moment of silence or the second you're completely alone... the great void beckons..

12556096_1700397030203032_944550916_n.jpg

or is that not a thing?

I can see it. If I saw my trapped Mother underneath a car, that fucking this is coming off the ground one way or another.

If I saw my mother trapped underneath a car there's a good chance I'd be the one behind the wheel.

I agree with you OP. Our society is very ego-centric though.

Modern psychologists would hint to it being easier to save someone else than saving yourself. A sort of projection - escaping the ultimate responsibility in saving yourself.

I personally find it more easy and more natural to help others.
There are variances, you are correct. Read my post to the guy below because you both are hinting at the same thing.

What about focusing on others so much and not enough on yourself because you fear the vast and empty void that dwells within us all?

the second there's a moment of silence or the second you're completely alone... the great void beckons..

12556096_1700397030203032_944550916_n.jpg

or is that not a thing?
You are correct, that is a thing. But if you discern correctly, their purpose in focusing on others is not really for the others benefit per se, but for their own. It's escapism, which is selfish. The same can be said for shy or introverted people. They are finding the root of these personalities is actually a massive inward focus on self/fear. Shy people are more selfish than people that are loud. At least loud people are not afraid of being judged by others. There are many personalities that appear to be unselfish or unassuming but indeed are the opposite.

There is also a time to be selfish if you are in a bad state or need help. There are different seasons of our lives and it's how we adapt that matters. But the concept is not lost. Overall the purpose is to be nonjudgmental and forgiving toward others consistently. This will open you up to be compassionate and loving toward others and thus, less focused on yourself which is the root of fear/torment.

If you're dead, you can't help anyone.
Even if you die your story can live on and inspire people for generations. If you live you become that testimony and you can share your story and inspire people to be more selfless. If I grew up and was told the story of a man who died to save my life I believe it would impact my entire life purpose.

or is that not a thing?

It is a thing. Which is why you should love yourself, and be comfortable with your self, before you can start helping others. Otherwise you will end up being a doormat

It is a thing. Which is why you should love yourself, and be comfortable with your self, before you can start helping others. Otherwise you will end up being a doormat
I agree that we should learn a lot about ourselves and grow in that regard but learning to love yourself and learning to love others can exist together and in my opinion, should. Learning to love others doesn't start with helping it has more to do with not judging.

A man sees a child walk into the street and notices a bus is going to run the child over. He jumps into action and runs and pushes the child out of the way and, in the process, both of his legs are run over. He loses both legs and in the hospital he is interviewed and asked…

Lol, dude got fucking friend zoned.

People are fearful because they consider the consequences. When you act without thinking, you can get injured. Is it courage or stupidity?

Your answer is in this video

Last edited:
People are fearful because they consider the consequences. When you act without thinking, you can get injured. Is it courage or stupidity?

No, people are fearful because they are focusing on self. Doesn't matter what aspect of the self you focus on. Your comment isn't wrong, but kind of ignores my OP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loverich
Back