Pentagon doesn't know where $6.5 trillion went

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
A new Department of Defense Inspector General’s report, released last week, has left Americans stunned at the jaw-dropping lack of accountability and oversight.

The glaring report revealed the Pentagon couldn’t account for $6.5 trillion dollars worth of Army general fund transactions and data, according to a report by the Fiscal Times.

The Pentagon, which has been notoriously lax in its accounting practices, has never completed an audit, would reveal how the agency has specifically spent the trillions of dollars allocated for wars, equipment, personnel, housing, healthcare and procurements allotted to them by Congress.

Beginning in 1996 all federal agencies were mandated by law to conduct regular financial audits. However, the Pentagon has NEVER complied with that federal law. In 20 years, it has never accounted for the trillions of dollars in taxpayer funds it has spent, in part because “fudging” the numbers has become standard operating procedure at the Department of Defense, as revealed in a 2013 Reuters investigation by Scot Paltrow.

While there is nothing in the IG’s report specifying that the money has been stolen, the mere fact that the Pentagon can’t account for how it spent the money reveals a potentially far greater problem than simple theft alone.

For every transaction, a so-called “journal voucher” that provides serial numbers, transaction dates and the amount of the expenditure is supposed to be produced. The report specifies that the agency has done such a poor job in providing documentation of their transactions, that there is no way to actually know how $6.5 trillion dollars has been spent. Essentially, the government has no way of knowing how the Pentagon has spent the trillions of taxpayer dollars allocated by Congress for national defense.

In turn, employees of the DFAS were routinely told by superiors to take “unsubstantiated change actions” commonly referred to as “plugging” the numbers. These “plugs” – which amounted to falsifying financial records – were then used to create the appearance that the military’s financial data matched that of the U.S. Treasury Department’s numbers when discrepancies in the financial data couldn’t be accounted for, according to the Reuters investigation.

This can't be a good thing. My source was this: http://sorendreier.com/pentagon-doesnt-know-where-6-5-trillion-went/ but this article, from last year, says it's $8.5 trillion that's missing: http://www.globalresearch.ca/report-reveals-8-5-trillion-missing-from-pentagon-budget-2/5453618

*drives away in a 6.5 trillion dollar car*

muah-hahahaha.

It's not missing it's just being used to protect you in a way that we can't allow our enemies to see

46_Dick_Cheney_3x4.jpg

In before people claim 6.5 trillion was stolen rather than not accounted for properly. We went through this a decade ago.

@PolishHeadlock, how much would these fuckers have to pay you to go in and straighten this shit out? Raise my taxes a few bucks, whatevs. lol.

Let me guess....something bad is going to happen soon
Nah. This is nothing abnormal. I've been hearing "trillions unaccounted for at the Pentagon" since 2001.

Not saying nothing bad is going to happen, but things will continue as they have been for the foreseeable future.

This can't be a good thing. My source was this: http://sorendreier.com/pentagon-doesnt-know-where-6-5-trillion-went/ but this article, from last year, says it's $8.5 trillion that's missing: http://www.globalresearch.ca/report-reveals-8-5-trillion-missing-from-pentagon-budget-2/5453618
Very shady. Too many kickbacks for crappy, useless tech?

It's not missing it's just being used to protect you in a way that we can't allow our enemies to see

LOL. That is total bullshit.

doesnt really matter. they just create $ out of air when they need it and nobody can stop them.

@PolishHeadlock, how much would these fuckers have to pay you to go in and straighten this shit out? Raise my taxes a few bucks, whatevs. lol.

I would dominate the fuck out of this....

I honestly have no clue how government accounting works. They don't produce income and I doubt they have a balance sheet...

My guess is that when you used to hear about $20k hammers they spread their expenditures across their assets in a spread sheet and ended up with a $20k hammer

Now they just show they just have unexplained expenditures because they probably just pay bills without proper documentation.

But at the end of the day we have more aircraft carriers than all other counties combined and the US Department of Defense is the largest employer in the entire world.

Money well spent imo. It's the main reason international trade is as seamless as it is.

I would dominate the fuck out of this....

I honestly have no clue how government accounting works. They don't produce income and I doubt they have a balance sheet...

My guess is that when you used to hear about $20k hammers they spread their expenditures across their assets in a spread sheet and ended up with a $20k hammer

Now they just show they just have unexplained expenditures because they probably just pay bills without proper documentation.

But at the end of the day we have more aircraft carriers than all other counties combined and the US Department of Defense is the largest employer in the entire world.

Money well spent imo. It's the main reason international trade is as seamless as it is.
Just gotta get Obama to stop using Muslim IFRS.

Probably sold North Korea an actual working nuke to use against us since they can't seem to figure it out for themselves... and the Govt losing patience.

Probably sold North Korea an actual working nuke to use against us since they can't seem to figure it out for themselves... and the Govt losing patience.

If those dipshits had a nuke they would have blown themselves up by now.

Back