Pederneiras said to Aldo: "You´re probably gonna lose this fight"

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://forum.portaldovt.com.br/foru...da-quase-desistência-de-aldo-em-bater-o-peso/
aldojunior.jpg

Pederneiras said:
"Aldo has always been the most difficult fighter to deal with when it comes to cutting weight. This time he didn´t want to cut the last 2 pounds and was willing to give up 20% of his purse. So we talked to him a lot, but he was adamant. So I said "do you know that 90% of the fighers who miss weight, lose the fight? You´re probably gonna lose this fight. He stood there and just stared at me.... than I said "let´s go back in there and finish the weight cut. And Aldo said "ok". " (Pederneiras said he knows the statistics is the opposite that fighters who miss weight usually win their fights.... but Aldo didn´t know that)

This explains why Aldo cried so much after the fight. Pederneiras is really like a father to him, so when he said that he was probably gonna lose that fight.... imagine the kind of effect that had on him.

Thanks, Pederneiras!

War, Aldo.
PotableMarriedEasternglasslizard-size_restricted.gif

Jesus is that 7 hours on that clock<{clintugh}>

Pederneiras could have just called Aldo 'champ' and given him a burger... but nope, he instead did his job.

Well the cat's out of the bag now. He can't use that one to get him to finish the weight cut next time.

It seems strange to me that after spending almost 15 years in the division the weight cut is still tough. I would think you would start to get used to? I don't know I've never cut weight before so I'm probably talking out of my ass

I really like Aldo and that bodyshot was sick but look at how he just completely exposes his chin when throwing that first hook and then the body shot. I really don't think he could ever beat Conor, Conor would have capitalized immediately.

It seems strange to me that after spending almost 15 years in the division the weight cut is still tough. I would think you would start to get used to? I don't know I've never cut weight before so I'm probably talking out of my ass
You don't have to be a fucking expert at weight cutting to understand that a person gets naturally heavier as they get older.

I really like Aldo and that bodyshot was sick but look at how he just completely exposes his chin when throwing that first hook and then the body shot. I really don't think he could ever beat Conor, Conor would have capitalized immediately.
I think he could, I mean, Cabo Diaz beat Conor on 10 minutes notice.
conor-caught-by-diaz.gif

I really like Aldo and that bodyshot was sick but look at how he just completely exposes his chin when throwing that first hook and then the body shot.

Things look unreasonably distorted in slow motion. You could literally say that about 99% of all strikes thrown if you watch them slowed down. Hell, go watch a 100mph fastball pitcher in slowmo. It looks like it would be so easy to hit that pitch.

Jose is stubborn and Andre had to play mind games and piss him off to get him to man up

A lot of fighters are like that

he also leads with his head, which is dangerous in MMA.

Back