Pederneiras said to Aldo: "You´re probably gonna lose this fight"

I really like Aldo and that bodyshot was sick but look at how he just completely exposes his chin when throwing that first hook and then the body shot. I really don't think he could ever beat Conor, Conor would have capitalized immediately.
That's why he threw the right first after Jeremy hesitated on the jab

I really like Aldo and that bodyshot was sick but look at how he just completely exposes his chin when throwing that first hook and then the body shot. I really don't think he could ever beat Conor, Conor would have capitalized immediately.
You could say that about any fighter when you slow down the footage but. You could find 100 examples of Conor exposing himself mid strike too.

This is true. Aldo's style is very orthodox and virtually perfect for an orthodox fighter. The problem is that Conor is a true southpaw which is always bad for a traditional orthodox fighter.

The thing with Nate is that he is also southpaw but strong hand forward. That's why Conor had so many problems with Nate because he is truly an unorthodox fighter and not a traditional southpaw.

It puzzles me why more fighters don't train with their strong hand forward as it is truly a more evolved approach in the standup, especially in MMA with kicks, takedowns, and whatnot. It just gives you a better angle in everything that you're trying to do.

Jose is stubborn and Andre had to play mind games and piss him off to get him to man up

A lot of fighters are like that

Holloway apparently had to be tricked into getting into a van to the hospital by being told he had to do media for the Ortega fight

These guys are fucking savages

The bond Pederneiras and Aldo have is heart warming. I hope they remake the Aldo movie in the future or he writes a book about his life. It's been a journey and will be a sad day when they leave the sport.

Fighters kill themselves to have an advantage...

Holloway apparently had to be tricked into getting into a van to the hospital by being told he had to do media for the Ortega fight

These guys are fucking savages

True words.

It’s sad that weight cutting is such a big part of this sport. I wish these athletes could just focus on their fighting and fight at their natural weight.

Takes a special kind of psycho to not want to quit whilst cutting that much weight.

Yes men are the worst thing for a fighter at this stage of a fighters career. Props

Conor has his hand down and sticks his chin high in the air.

And after floyd put him on medical suspension we don't know how his chin is now after the prolonged beating he took from floyd.

I kind of agree. But Aldo used to throw leg kicks which masks some of those openings. If he fought Connor and didn't just rely on his boxing and also threw kicks, I think he COULD take it. Not saying he would though. But he's capable of winning against anyone

It seems strange to me that after spending almost 15 years in the division the weight cut is still tough. I would think you would start to get used to? I don't know I've never cut weight before so I'm probably talking out of my ass
nah ya never get used to it
in fact it continually gets worse each time

He threw it because he knew Stephens became terrified. He took Jeremy's best and began to walk him down.

It seems strange to me that after spending almost 15 years in the division the weight cut is still tough. I would think you would start to get used to? I don't know I've never cut weight before so I'm probably talking out of my ass

I think as you get older, your body’s ability to recover from weight cuts diminishes. Also, you’d , in theory, have more finite muscle.

It generally gets harder with age and it was never an easy cut for Aldo.

man, can we still see Aldo V Pettis, both coming of an impressive win in the first round, and since Aldo is struggling to make 145, he could moves up and fight pettis.

i really want to see this fight.

Back