Tech PEB's Motion Simulator thread (for Racing Games and Flight Simulation)

Updated photos from today as the restaurant I invested in continues to progress towards opening in Oct.

full

full

My new workshop coming along much larger work area.

full

Another photo of the restaurant I invested in before its opening in late October. This is another project like I don't have enough lol. Taking some ideas for my workshop an simulator room. My tenant did all the woodworking on this restaurant.
full

Still working on my much larger work area with two new garage doors vs the barn doors and now with a patio door. Got to add siding and decide what heat pump I want to use.

full

Last edited:
This is amazing lol.

Doing the work myself eats a lot of free time but coming along. Added insulation, plywood walls an new windows. Will be an expansion of my work area. Will clean an paint the flooring soon enough. Fun times ahead.

full

Continued work on my workshop as I put up flanges an insulation. Big job did it pretty quickly also got my pellet stove for the winter months. Thing weighs around 280 lbs getting off the truck was a fun time took 3 of us.

full

full

sssss
Question @PEB

You ever try/use the Moza R5?
Unfortunately no but I have heard nothing but amazing things about it. I have all Fanatec setup but Moza is getting great reviews and I believe they are sold at Micro Center now. I would hate to dump the serious money I put into Fanatec but if this is your first setup it's not a bad choice but I would go for at least 9 nm or even better 12nm. I really did not realize how much of a difference it makes but pretty huge.

first and only forza game i havent bought since forza motorsport 3. im not really digging it. waiting for them to optimize pc performance and add in the nurburgring before i consider buying.

Reactions: PEB
Unfortunately no but I have heard nothing but amazing things about it. I have all Fanatec setup but Moza is getting great reviews and I believe they are sold at Micro Center now. I would hate to dump the serious money I put into Fanatec but if this is your first setup it's not a bad choice but I would go for at least 9 nm or even better 12nm. I really did not realize how much of a difference it makes but pretty huge.

I was a Forcefeedback purist when everyone was switching to ECCI or TSW's. Back then i used a Logitech Black Momo. Google shows that used 1.5nm. So i dont understand why you'd suggest going 9 or 12 nm.

I was a Forcefeedback purist when everyone was switching to ECCI or TSW's. Back then i used a Logitech Black Momo. Google shows that used 1.5nm. So i dont understand why you'd suggest going 9 or 12 nm.
My setup is upgraded from 5 to 8nm and it makes a huge difference and you can adjust it anyway you want it so if you prefer lower levels you can do that but for me I even feel 8nm is not enough and Fanatec and others Monza, logitech have added higher levels now. You can go upto 20nm with recently released DDW setups but I feel for me if I upgrade 12nm would be enough. I driven on a race track before and you can feel much of the load difference more matches the experience on the road.

Heads up crazy deal if you have an actual simulator frame. Fanatec 25nm DDR is on a huge sale. This is still likely the best DDR that has a range of adjustments to 25nm. That's beastly number but you can still drop it down to a more manageable 14nm. Downside it's huge an heavy you need a solid frame for it. But here is the big part it's for sale llbig sale 799.00 if I was looking for an upgrade right now "money hit due to replacing the top part of my chimney out of the question" 1499.00 was the normal price big savings.

fanatec-podium-wheel-base-dd2-with-qr2.jpg

Someone I know built a fully functional cockpit an projection screen. F-16 fighter jet. All from DCS World crazy. The visuals of the sky an the world was rendered on the Quest 3.

Last edited:
After finishing up my winter work on my garage started to work on my 7 foot long a little over 4 foot wide CNC table. Doing the construction partially with 3/4 aluminum bar "nightmare to work with" and a ton of aluminum extrusion. Part of milling aluminum and wood parts for different projects. Of course all friends of mine I have not heard from for decades all want me to do custom parts.

MXLn7C5.jpg

Last edited:
My side project the restaurant I help finance an my tenant build from the ground up. New flooring, woodworking, cutting tiles, recovering chairs, installing TV's wiring lighting on an on.

A restaurant I invested in to helped my tenant become a partner. Hopefully it is successful he going to pay me back.

1000006443.jpg

Continuing work on my CNC machine. Will help me make aluminum parts. DIY all the way they want 15k for one with a water cooled spindle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back