• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Peaceful Protest Appreciation Thread

The police is an agency of authority, the flag is a symbol of the ultimate secular authority and of the mandatee of sovereignty, protesting the abuse of power of a given authority to a higher form of authority seems plenty legitimate to me.
Well if you see it that way, you have that right to kneel for the anthem. I think it's very misplaced though.

I haven't kept up on this NFL stuff because Trump is just dog whistling his base, but has anyone considered that not all kneeling players are protesting the same thing Kap is? That Kap is protesting his on own agenda and the other guys are protesting the hate and vitriol directed at him? That if you black ball him for expressing himself that you then have to black ball them all?
I think Trump is dog-whistling the Dem base, seeing if he can peel of some center-left types. Polls show more Americans disapprove of these protests than approve of Trump. This is an appeal broadening strategy, not an attempt to rally those who already support him.

Ripskater's go-to post:

"I feel bad for good ____insert minority here______. But there are so many bad _insert minority here________ that we should __insert mistreatment here___.
Let me try it.

"I feel bad for good Christians. But there are so many bad Christians that we should tax thier churches."

Wow you can do it with any group. Is that rip's new "I heard people saying (insert conspiracy theory) . . ."?

Lets all remember what these Americans are protesting.

What are they protesting against? Not the flag, not the anthem, but social injustice.
300 years of slavery followed by 100 years of segregation and discrimination. 2/3 of our prisons are filled with African Americans.

They are protesting for
Freddy Gray
Philando Castile
Terence Crutcher
Tamir Rice
Eric Garner

They are also protesting the most divisive president we have had in most of our lifetimes. Condemning football and basketball players while holding Nascar up on a pedestal. (Nascar made a statement against Trump BTW and it is below) Condemning left wing protesters while refusing to say anything negative about the white supremacists that make up a large % of this base.

Nascar Statement
“Sports are a unifying influence in our society, bringing people of differing backgrounds and beliefs together. Our respect for the national anthem has always been a hallmark of our pre-race events. Thanks to the sacrifices of many, we live in a country of unparalleled freedoms and countless liberties, including the right to peacefully express one’s opinion.”

We know this thread will attract right wingers who will refuse to read past the headline and they will post photos of Kaepernick with this white family like that is supposed to negate the color of his skin. They will post thinly veiled racist comments without actually thinking about what it is like to be a black man in this country. They will blindly follow their ideologies and continue to refuse to think outside the box and put themselves in the shoes of an African American man.

The rest of us will continue to be patriots, continue to support the 1st Amendment and continue to engage in peaceful protests in an effort to finally end the social injustice facing minorities in this country. Now lets take a look at who is protesting.

A 97 year old WW2 veteran. "These kids have every right to protest"

1506320993599.jpg

High School athletes

383469C400000578-3784017-High_school_football_players_have_started_to_take_knees_before_g-a-27_1473627980011.jpg

Professional Athletes

694940094001_5588350346001_5588330992001-vs.jpg
+

NFL Owners

khan.jpg

Lets see some of your photos showing these peaceful protests!!
Very well said.

No they aren't. They're protesting Donald Trump being a meanie head, and their right to kneel during an anthem. Few even remember what Kap was originally protesting, and nobody is discussing it. Instead, it's turned into millionaires fighting for their right to disrespect the anthem.

Protest fail.
I love how rustled you are over peaceful protest.

The first amendment is a protected freedom.

I haven't kept up on this NFL stuff because Trump is just dog whistling his base, but has anyone considered that not all kneeling players are protesting the same thing Kap is? That Kap is protesting his on own agenda and the other guys are protesting the hate and vitriol directed at him? That if you black ball him for expressing himself that you then have to black ball them all?
Well congratulations, they'e succeeed in being black balled.

I'd like to thank the Lord for allowing me to enjoy a Seattle Seahawks super bowl win back when I was an NFL fan. I'd also like to thank God for college football.

Best wishes, NFL.

I love how rustled you are over peaceful protest.

Hey look, the little one put on his big boy pants, and took me off ignore.

The first amendment is a protected freedom.

The patriot said, while rocking an Av of a bunch of Muslims burning the American flag...

LOL

People itt need to just come out and say that they feel Black people shouldn't be protesting in the first place. Stop scapegoating the method. No matter how they do it, some people will have issues with it. The only good protest is confined behind closed doors and out of the public eye and ear.

Solid and powerful way to protest.

These girls could teach the NFL protesting athletes a lesson.

didn't they sue Trump because he refused to pay them? LOL. Art of the deal!

People itt need to just come out and say that they feel Black people shouldn't be protesting in the first place. Stop scapegoating the method. No matter how they do it, some people will have issues with it. The only good protest is confined behind closed doors and out of the public eye and ear.

didn't they sue Trump because he refused to pay them? LOL. Art of the deal!
Yeah Lol, hopefully the Trump campaign paid those girls.

Right to protest.

Right to think the method of protest is irresponsible, short sighted, and counter productive.
The underlined comes to mind whenever Trump sends a Tweet.

I am peacefully protesting the innocent police officers murdered every day across America protecting us while in the line of duty.

Right to protest.

Right to think the method of protest is irresponsible, short sighted, and counter productive.

Yeah, they should have got a bunch of tiki torches, marched through the street at night shouting "jews will not replace us" and then drove a car into a group of people.... a much more responsible and productive way of protesting than not standing during a dumb national anthem

The reason lefties freaked out at the Pepsi commercial showing activism is because deep down they know how trendy, hollow and superficial their activism is. They know it is nothing more than a cheap fad. Pepsi's commercial was a little too accurate in portraying what modern activism is all about and it freaked them out.

pepsi-backlash-PAGE-2017.jpg

That's true. I can't tell you how many protests I've seen completely disbanded by a can of Pepsi.

Hey look, the little one put on his big boy pants, and took me off ignore.

The patriot said, while rocking an Av of a bunch of Muslims burning the American flag...

LOL
Are you rustled about freedom of expression? That's really snowflakey.

Steelers-Alejandro-Villanueva-embarrassed-after-solo-stance.jpg

This man bravely defied a horde of retards who were acting like spoiled children.

It's there right to protest. But many question why they would choose to protest by taking a knee for the National Anthem. It sends out an anti-American look and message.

I think they should stand for the anthem and find another way to protest racism and police brutality.

There is no point in protest if you formulate it to make other people who might disagree with you happy. That kind of defeats the purpose, like having free speech zones. The whole point is to make people find it harder to enter their comfort zone.

Back