PBC Jarrett Hurd vs Julian Williams May 11th Fox

I don't really think he has star potential, but his style should lead to some great fights. A Hurd/Canelo fight could be a lot of fun assuming Hurd really establishes himself as the top 54 (Hurd would get bludgeoned, but it would be fireworks). Hurd/Munguia would be amazing, as well (I think he'd beat Munguia).
I agree he beats munguia. But they are on opposite sides right now.

I didn't like him at first because his style can look awkward but I've grown to like watching him more. Hopefully when Charlo/Harrison sort their shit out we can get the winner against Hurd. Or Hurd against Munguia but none of them seem to be in a rush for big fights.

I think after Jrock he will face the winner of charlo/Harrison or Lubin

I agree he beats munguia. But they are on opposite sides right now.

True. It's a fight that I could see being made if Hurd were to clean out Haymon's 54s. Might be wishful thinking, though.

Hurd should stop JRock if big Charlo could. Hurd a much better fighter than I initially had thought.
he's not exactly polished... but he is going to be difficult to beat.

dude fights like a lumberjack.

Love this fight, wish it were sooner tbh. Both these guys seem like great dudes.

Hurd is a very fan friendly champ in style and demeanour. I’m a fan.

Lara's style is like someone slowly letting the air out of a balloon. Hurd' is one that constantly asks questions from his opponent, getting right in his face for the whole round for every round. Lara can stay with a guy like Hurd and make it, as with most of his top end fights, very close.

Williams I like a lot, but I wonder if he can stick to his coach's plans and advice for the whole fight. A couple of the fights of.his I have seen I noticed that he makes some poor choices and puts himself in spots.

Williams might have a real style problem in front of him in some ways because he will need to follow the script. At the same time, he won't have to worry to much about adjusting the an opponent with prodigal ring IQ because Hurd is someone you can plan for (you just can't always overcome a rising tide if all you can do is tread water).

Although he was KO'd by the larger Charlo, it was actually a performance that encapsulates exactly what I was trying to say about JRock. He can cause some real problems for the names in the division, but he needs to somehow "put it all together."

Gary Russell jr added as the co main

Unified and undefeated IBF, IBO and WBA 154-pound "Swift'' Jarrett Hurd will defend his titles against top contender Julian "J-Rock'' Williams live in primetime in Premier Boxing Champions on FOX and FOX Deportes action on Saturday, May 11 at EagleBank Arena in Fairfax, Virginia.

Plus, unbeaten super lightweight contender Mario "El Azteca" Barrios battles Argentina's Juan "The Pitbull" Jose Velasco in a 10-round fight and middleweight contender Matt Korobov clashes with Immanuwel Aleem in a 10-round bout as part of televised action beginning at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

Barrios (23-0, 15 KOs) has grown into a brilliant super lightweight contender after starting out at 130 pounds. The 5-foot-10 fighter from San Antonio, Texas, has carried his power with him up the ladder as demonstrated by stopping his last seven opponents, including victories over Naim Nelson and Jose Luis Rodriguez on FS1. He enters the fight with Velasco after a knockout victory over Richard Zamora in his last fight on February 9.

Velasco (20-1, 12 KOs) picked up the nickname "The Pitbull'' early in his career because of his aggressive style. It has served the 31-year-old resident of Buenos Aires, Argentina well throughout a career in which he's only tasted defeat once. He suffered the first loss of his career in his last fight when he was stopped by Regis Prograis on July 14. He will be looking to rebound against another rising unbeaten fighter in Barrios.

The 36-year-old Korobov (28-2, 14 KOs) lost a hard-fought decision to Jermall Charlo live on FOX in a middleweight championship match on December 22. He was a late replacement and gave Charlo a tougher fight than many experts expected. Even though he came up short, the Russian-born fighter, who now lives in St. Petersburg, Florida, served notice to the rest of the division that he is still a threat to top 160-pounders.

Aleem (28-1-1, 22 KOs) will have been out of the ring for nearly a year when he steps in against Korobov. The 25-year-old is coming off a sixth-round knockout victory over Juan De Angel in his last fight on May 19. Korobov presents a major challenge for Aleem of Richmond, Virginia, who suffered the first loss of his career when he was stopped by Hugo Centeno, Jr. in August 2017 on FS1, following a career-best win over then unbeaten Ievgen Khytrov.

hurd-williams-1.jpg

I don't really think he has star potential, but his style should lead to some great fights. A Hurd/Canelo fight could be a lot of fun assuming Hurd really establishes himself as the top 54 (Hurd would get bludgeoned, but it would be fireworks). Hurd/Munguia would be amazing, as well (I think he'd beat Munguia).
From what we saw from munguia tonight, hurd will hurt this guy

he's not exactly polished... but he is going to be difficult to beat.

dude fights like a lumberjack.

Love Hurd and I agree.
To me it almost looks like he fights at 60-70% and still breaks the other fighter down over the course of the fight. It always looks like he can kick it up a notch whenever he wants to and get the other fighter out of there.

Back