• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pavlovich is a WAY better version of Francis Ngannou

Ngannou is more willing to swing for the fences than Pavlovich. I remember Pavlovich saying in an interview than he never plans for a knockout, and prepares for every fight to go the distance. Championship Mindset!

Combines Ngannou level power if not more with actual striking and grappling skill.

He's actually legitimately smarter. How he fares against Jones is a big question mark, but he's as good as we've got at HW right now. I do believe Jones will eventually get KO'd, question is whether Pavlovich can defend the takedown long enough to do it.

ngannou beat blaydes in 45 seconds
sergei was getting tagged a lot before the ko

Fair, but you have to take into consideration that Blaydes was probably being smarter against Pavlovich, given that he got his shit kicked in a few times in between. Being a scary striker is a hit or miss thing, of you get it your way, you have a quick night, if not, you get the nightmare.

When Rogan was saying for months that Gane was "the new breed of HW" I never saw that, never believed the hype train and he ended up being a big wet fart. Now this guy is something to be afraid of. Key element here, he's got wrestling, on top of that he's a vicious KO artist. That's what's up. In my book he's gonna be champ, pretty soon.

Ngannou has a way better chin. He also doesn't give up and has never been stopped. That fight would be fucking awesome.

He doesn't have the same power which is what Francis' only threat is. Serg is more technical.

how are his grappling skills better?
all we've seen is him get wrestle fucked and finished by Overeerm (a kickboxer who ngannou ko'd with ease)

meanwhile Francis has wins were he used grappling (Gane, Stipe, Hamilton)
To be fair the takedown against him came off getting stunned by a strike. Reem bare takedowns weren't working. Sergei has grow a ton since then.

He seems to have worse cardio than Ngannou. Not as powerful though but is more technically skilled and maybe quicker. He also doesnt have Francis chin and I havent really seen anything about his grappling. We did see Francis demonstrated his grappling against Stipe and Gane
Ngannou got rocked by Stipe, but we haven't seen anyone rock Sergi yet on the feet.

He was 26 when that happened, NGannou got outgrappled by Cisse lmao.

So you're comparing a recent refugee in France in his second MMA fight only against a guy who already had 12 MMA fights in his career ? Not to mention Sergei competed in fighting sports (wrestling and sambo) since a very young age, while Ngannou is an extremely late starter.

12 MMA fights in his career before getting destroyed by a washed out Overeem ? Are you even aware that Ngannou destroyed Overeem only after 11 MMA fights ? At the exact same stage of his career than Sergei (same number of fights = 12) Ngannou was fighting Stipe for the first time.

Also, why are you even talking about Sergei's age ? He was actually in his physical prime, 12 years younger and still got destroyed in the first round...

Ngannou level chin sure, but his skillset is essentially being the faster, heavier puncher. That can work against an older Lewis, reach disadvantaged Tuivasa, and low IQ Blaydes... He gets tooled by Gane easily and destroyed by Jones.

Back