Pavlik Taylor ppv buys

flowwiththego

Miss Samantha Fox
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pavlik Taylor did 250k buys. Are you surprised at that low figure? I would have thought 400k at least. source Dave Meltzer. Sorry if this has been discussed before.-CriPpler rarely lets me out of the wasteland-- don't tell I was here.

Is this Pavlik Taylor 1 or 2

If it were 1, I would not be surprised.

Meltzer wrote that the boxing people he talked to said it was because the rematch was too soon.

i thought it was poorly promoted. Just my two cents.

Well...it wasnt a title fight. it was at a catch weight. *shrugs*

I dont know. I kinda thought it should be on HBO

I am a little surprised but on the other hand, they did rush into it which I can understand because they figured fireworks in the rematch but I would've given them each one more fight THEN have the most Anticipated rematch of 2008 LIVE from the Mandalay Bay Events Centre LIVE on PPV! See, that's hype.

pavlik nor taylor are big draws. pavlik has a following in his region, so does taylor, but neither are proven PPV commodities.

im sorprised but i think its becasue it wasnt promoted as it shold be....

i am surprised also, I watched it at a bar that was packed and going crazy. It did get hardly any press till the week before though. That is what sucks about most big fights these days. A simple countdown show after a match the week before wont do much in terms of PPV buys.

Pavlik Taylor did 250k buys. Are you surprised at that low figure? I would have thought 400k at least. source Dave Meltzer. Sorry if this has been discussed before.-CriPpler rarely lets me out of the wasteland-- don't tell I was here.

I'm not surprised. Taylor isnt a draw at all after his string of sleepers and Pavlik is just recently getting in the eye of the public

Neither guy is a trash talker.

People critisise Floyd for his trash talking but trash talking sells. People complain about it but they want to hear it, i know i do.

Pavlik and Taylor are too classy to do it but if they want to make more money they have got to start doing it.

Meh. DLH has made more money than Floyd could ever dream of and I dont recall him ever showing his opponent anything but respect outside of the Mayorga, Vargas, and JC Chavez fights.

i think it was all the experts claiming it was gonna be a shorter more dominant showing by pavlik

noone was expecting a back and forth competitive battle; jt got alot of props for looking better more disciplined...and being competitive

Meh. DLH has made more money than Floyd could ever dream of and I dont recall him ever showing his opponent anything but respect outside of the Mayorga, Vargas, and JC Chavez fights.

oscar is a unique case-

simple answer...same night as UFC.

I thought it was the same night as the Kimbo Sliice freakshow. Are you sure it was the same night as UFC?

I think 500,000+ people watched Kimbo that night if I remember correctly. That explains the somewhat low number imo.

Back