Paulo Costa to wait for Yoel Romero: 'There's no better fight for me'

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/paulo-costa-wait-yoel-romero-no-better-fight-ufc-230

“It looks like he wants more time to train, to be ready for our fight,” Costa said. “But this fight will happen. I’ll wait for him to return. I’ll give him the time he needs to train. The time he finds necessary to be ready for our fight. And I’ll wait. This fight should happen early next year, 2019.”

You think this is the right move for costa?

Maybe taking another opponent and fighting at MSG would be a stupid opportunity to pass on?

Costa's best win was against 14-9 Uriah Hall, and Uriah was doing pretty good until he gassed and started eating power punches.

I think the best thing for him is to get more experience fighting top competition under his belt before taking on a fight with someone like Romero.

If this fight does happen next however, I think we will see another Edgar vs. Rodriguez.

Seems to be the theme lately, if you lose the quality opponent that you were expecting. You simply wait for said opponent.

Not sure yet if it's smart or not. I understand business-wise why they do it though.

If Costa thinks he will beat Romero, then waiting makes sense. It will put him in the upper ranks much more quickly than beating the Uriah Halls of the world.

Respect for him but if Yoel is out too long he should fight some winner from UFC 230 card.

Rockhold, Whineman or Isreal would be good fight for Costa too. Yoel is just so dangerous. He might fuck up Costa real good.

Costa's best win was against 14-9 Uriah Hall, and Uriah was doing pretty good until he gassed and started eating power punches.

Them nut shotz by Costa is what zapped Uriah because he was looking real rock solid before he got drained. I think Costa just wants Yoel because he's a real solid resume name and he 40+ years old...

Am I the only one who thinks costa is overrated cos he got a smoking body?

How can anyone hate Paulo?

Who really gives a shit if he's on the sauce? He comes to bang and calls out the toughest guys.

Everyone wants this fight to happen for an obvious reason. But I won't say the reason because I don't want to be banned

let's appreciate paulo costa in this very thread

@LouisBolanos

100%

However, planks, the ab exercise he is doing there is like the easiest ab exercise ever.
If you have moderate training, people will generally grow tired/lose breath before their muscles even fail.

No way someone will build abs like his by doing planks.
I guess maybe if you have paulos genetics you can get jacked just by staring at a dumbell.

Last edited:
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Let them wait.

This bout will be for the undisputed usada championship of the world!

I think the best thing for him is to get more experience fighting top competition under his belt before taking on a fight with someone like Romero.

If this fight does happen next however, I think we will see another Edgar vs. Rodriguez.
Romero is a guaranteed title shot tho. As you point out, he was not doing phenomenal against Hall, and Hall is not even that great. I think the way he sees it, is that he could lose anyone of these fights, so it's better to win just one than have to win a few more, against possibly more trying stylistic match ups, and guys that won't accomadate a bang fest. Yoel may be UFC's most highly decorated wrestler, but he rarely does wrestle.

While I'd rather see Costa fight sooner than later, I want this fight as well.

Guess we play the waiting game...

Back