• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paulo Costa seems to be genuinely surprised that he didn't win

Depends how you score, Rob landed more but Paulo did way more damage when he connected, had he upped the volume he would have won. I initially thought Paulo may have squeeqed it out, but not upset either way, it was very close.

Seems like he's assessing the fight the wrong way. Rather than going by each round, he's focusing on the overall damage induced in the fight, which favours him.

Actually thought he was response was pretty reasonable. Seems like he's been reflecting on the outcome and what he should've done different to secure the W.

Fighters put up totally valid reasons as to why they think they lost, and people call it excuse making. It's fucking annoying.

Yeah but that only counts for 1 round so who cares he went on to lose the rest of the rounds. Cejudo landed the most significant strike in the fight against against Merab also in R1 and went on to lose.

Rob was bleeding from his busted open cheek and dumping blood from his busted up nose in the second round. Those were not from getting head kicked, he was punched in his face repeatedly. Costa hits a lot harder.

Rounds 2-3 were competitive 10-9 rounds. I think round 2 was a toss-up and Costa landed harder, Rob had more output. The third round Rob acted like the pro veteran he is and scored more.

Henry was getting dominated and literally man-handled. Its absurd to compare these two fights.

Costa was landing the more impactful strikes throughout. If we saying all sig strikes count equally, there is no discussion, Rob landed more.

If we are recognizing that some sig strikes are more significant than others, I think rd1 clearly goes to Costa, with there being a genuine argument for 2 and 3 to be scored either way.

He probably would have won with Pride FC rules.

Costa has pillow heels!

He coasts and it's going to cost him a lot of decisions.

He definitely lost. But I thought it was a very competitive fight. I could see him winning a rematch if he made a few adjustments.

Close. Volume over damage, I knew rob was gonna get the win but costa had the bigger moments .

Which fighter would you rather be if you had to be one for a rematch? Would you feel more confident if you had rob skill set or costa skill set?

I know its a different ballgame when you are the one fighting but Jesus….Costa pissed me off. He took Robert’s punches pretty well and was moving forward but not throwing enough punches. That spinning kick was a beauty and clearly had the power to hurt Robert but didn’t try enough times.

Last edited:
Costa making excuses? I am shocked! Shocked, I tell you!

Yes, if he didn't land the single most damaging and meaningful exchange of the entire fight...

lmao never change sherdog
Landing one big strike can win you a round. It doesn't win you the next round or the fight, unless you end it.

Glad I could explain how scoring fights works for you. Kind of embarrassing that you didn't already know, but I'm glad that you know now.

He lost but Costa was landing that jab all day. If he worked it a bit more this was his fight. He didn’t up the volume and activity and lost!

He needs to move on to the next one and continue his A level online trolling until his next fight

Costa lost the fight trying to be a boss like Romero and repeatedly sticking out his tongue (but unlike Romero he looked stupid).

Oh and getting considerably outstruck by rob throughout the fight.

Back