Paulo Costa Regained 15 percent of his body weight in less than 24 hours - 28 pounds-Reminder!

Yeah its normal. The guy is a natural Heavyweight.

A commission member overwatches the weight cutting process of fighters & rehydration, that is how they would know if he’s using a IV. TS you’re kinda a idiot, what kinda of Mickey Mouse operation you think UFC is doing specially when it comes to one if not the most dangerous part of being a fighter.

Cool, so what about the time he already got caught using an IV? Where was the commission member then? Unless he qw the one filming it.

You're sure about that based on what? Gsp was always around 187-190 at welterweight.

No he wasn't lol. 187?

GSP cut from like 195-200 from what I recall and understand. More like 193-195, he was never cutting from 187.

Look man I’ve bashed Captain Açaí many times, even brought up the same point you are right now.
But at the end of the day he’s passing his tests. I don’t like it nor do I like the guy.

but the “enemy of my enemy is my friend” so come this Saturday...War Natty Goat :)

I think they can detect plastic in the blood and thats how they know an iv was administered.

Maybe theres some IV cords / bags that aren't mad of plastic?

They can test for trace plastics in the blood that show IV has been used.

Always wondered whether fighters can simply use something other than plastic bags/tubes to contain and distribute the IV fluids

Always wondered whether fighters can simply use something other than plastic bags/tubes to contain and distribute the IV fluids
Have heard people suggest glass with rubber tubing. Not sure if that's really done or just a stupid internet theory.

A commission member overwatches the weight cutting process of fighters & rehydration, that is how they would know if he’s using a IV. TS you’re kinda a idiot, what kinda of Mickey Mouse operation you think UFC is doing specially when it comes to one if not the most dangerous part of being a fighter.
They weren’t watching Costa when he was having his IV party in his hotel room.

Have heard people suggest glass with rubber tubing. Not sure if that's really done or just a stupid internet theory.
This has always puzzled me too. They say they can test for plastics but two of the people that I know of who were busted were Penn and Costa. I believe Penn self reported but his was out of competition. He reported it March 25, 2016 having last fought July 2014. Paulo Costa essentially got away with it and their tests didn’t detect it. The bag and tubes were obviously plastic. And to further muddy the water, fighters are allowed 50ml “infusions” over a 6 hour period. That’s basically 3.5 tablespoons, but the plastic would still register on a test. Either USADA is lying or their tests suck.

No he wasn't lol. 187?

GSP cut from like 195-200 from what I recall and understand. More like 193-195, he was never cutting from 187.
Every interview he ever gave where he talked about his weight he said he was around 187.

Absolutely no idea, probably not due to cleanliness reasons, but I'm not doctor lol.

Yeah its insane weight cutting devalues the purpose of weight class

If they ban big weight cutting and have fighters fighting at their natural weight just like One championship all together fighters would still fight guys the same size only they wouldn't have to significantly put their health and performance at risk.

Plus the hassle of fighters missing weight would be avoided. But im not the one weight cutting so i dont care too much and its not going to change for now
One championship doesn't do adequate testing. Someone can pass the hydration test with an IV. It's not like the hydration tests are even open to the fighters or public lol

Last edited:
Meanwhile Adesanya is taller and has a longer reach than the average HW, but no one wants to talk about his cringe ass being a weight class abuser

Absolutely insane. Regardless if he’s on XY and Z

the fact that a human can cut that much from that size is astounding.

Fighters cutting 20% of their body weight is normal

One championship doesn't do adequate testing. Someone can pass the hydration test with an IV. It's not like the hydration tests are even open to the fighters or public lol
Im not too sure about what you've said but I do know that fighters have to fight near their natural weight class which is why the same UFC weight divisions are 1 weight class above One championship. So for e.g. Eddie instead of fighting at 155lbs in the UFC fights at 170lbs and they make numerous testings to through a fighters weight cut to ensure they arent losing too much weight compared to their normal walk around weight which is a really great initiative.

Think about it like his fighters are literally cutting an excessive amount of weight just to fight guys the same size. What if they didnt need to cut excessive weight just to fight someone their size... it sounds like a no brainer which highlights how absurd weight cutting can be, but thats the way it is in the UFC

Back