News Paulo Costa Calls for Rematch Upset Izzy Humped Him

After that performance he’s going to have a long road back to the title. Bare minimum 3 wins.

The performance was so bad I legit want to see the rematch.

I want to see if someone can completely shit the bed twice.

If he tried his usual tactic, he would've been knocked out in the first one.

Are you arguing that fixing fights does not happen? Fixing fights is as old as the fight game itself. The term Journeyman is guy who's job is to make the other fighter look good by taking a dive. Pride fight organization ( Japan) and US boxing did it all the time. To think that the UFC is above this is naive ( no offense brotha).

The UFC needs new stars. Izzy is perfect at that role. He is Anderson 2.0 and Khamzat is Khabib 2.0 . I can totally see the UFC fixing fights to make them look good. Again if it happened in Pride and boxing what makes UFC different? Are Dana White and the Fretteta brothers so honorable?

You actually think Cowboy Cerrone vs McGregor was not fixed? Come on now. Cowboy said that he did not break his orbital bone. He is on record saying this ( look it up). Yet the official story of the UFC is that he broke his orbital bone. Cowboy is a BJJ wizard yet he curls up in the fetal position against Conor lol. The same Cowboy who doesn't quit against Nikko Price and breaks Perrys arm in a couple seconds curls up against Conor. This was after Conor and him where hanging out days before. Dude....dont be naive. The UFC Is an entertainment business.

No. I said I think fixes are rare. Not that they haven't happened.

And no I do not think Conor vs Cowboy was fixed. No need. Many other opponents destroyed Cowboy in the first round, and Conor is an elite striker - so no I don't think Cowboy took shoulders, a kick and punches to the face for a pay off.

I think he just got beat. It's not naïve.

You're providing no evidence. Just because you think it does not make it true.

Start with evidence, not your theory kid.

A few more big wins needed, maybe Kelvin or even possibly Till next, even Jeol again? Assuming Izzy will likely face Jared Connonier/Robert Whitaker next?

Are you arguing that fixing fights does not happen? Fixing fights is as old as the fight game itself. The term Journeyman is guy who's job is to make the other fighter look good by taking a dive. Pride fight organization ( Japan) and US boxing did it all the time. To think that the UFC is above this is naive ( no offense brotha).

The UFC needs new stars. Izzy is perfect at that role. He is Anderson 2.0 and Khamzat is Khabib 2.0 . I can totally see the UFC fixing fights to make them look good. Again if it happened in Pride and boxing what makes UFC different? Are Dana White and the Fretteta brothers so honorable?

You actually think Cowboy Cerrone vs McGregor was not fixed? Come on now. Cowboy said that he did not break his orbital bone. He is on record saying this ( look it up). Yet the official story of the UFC is that he broke his orbital bone. Cowboy is a BJJ wizard yet he curls up in the fetal position against Conor lol. The same Cowboy who doesn't quit against Nikko Price and breaks Perrys arm in a couple seconds curls up against Conor. This was after Conor and him where hanging out days before. Dude....dont be naive. The UFC Is an entertainment business.

Lol I think you need more tinfoil bud

yep bigtime theres some skulduggery goin on. they want usman gone.

I like Costa, Romero is one of my favourite fighter but they should just shut the hell up.
You had a chance and did not do shit so stop asking for rematches ffs

LOL @ "This has become a grave situation!"

Reminds me of translated North Korean news/propaganda.

Then stop being a pretty boy in the ring with gay guys (no gegard)

Go look at the Weasle breakdown of the fight. Costa had Izzy exactly where he needed him to be but then let off the gas in order to taunt!! Even the Weasle was like wtf. Thats not normal. So many times Costa rushed Izzy, could have atleast thrown punches, then bizarrely backed off. The Weasle even said "Costa had him where he wanted him but then messed it up for himself". Thats a direct qoute among many others. Weasle also noted that Costa was wildly telegraphing his kicks ( direct quote), which is something no pro does.

The fight was too bizarre. Most fighters go back to their instinctual fighting style when they are under pressure but Costa didn't. He literally doesn't do anything other than pressure people with high output. But this time he did not...hmmm.

This guy took the BEST shots from Romero and Uriah Hall and kept coming. But yeh he "drops" from a glancing blow that barely touched him from Izzy. Yet Izzy ran like a girl from the power of Romero. So Costa can take Romero shots for 3 round full force but gets TKO'd by 1 glancing shot from Izzy.

Not only that but he didn't even protest the semi early stoppage at all. Didn't look upset at all. Didn't give a diagnosis of what went wrong yet. He had already accepted the outcome.

Bro it was fixed. But believe what you want...we can agree to disagree. Not all UFC fights are fixed but some are ( the ones involving the super marketable people are).

I would have beleive that if there was not the hump at the end, how do you explain getting humped is fixed??

Go look at the Weasle breakdown of the fight. Costa had Izzy exactly where he needed him to be but then let off the gas in order to taunt!! Even the Weasle was like wtf. Thats not normal. So many times Costa rushed Izzy, could have atleast thrown punches, then bizarrely backed off. The Weasle even said "Costa had him where he wanted him but then messed it up for himself". Thats a direct qoute among many others. Weasle also noted that Costa was wildly telegraphing his kicks ( direct quote), which is something no pro does.

The fight was too bizarre. Most fighters go back to their instinctual fighting style when they are under pressure but Costa didn't. He literally doesn't do anything other than pressure people with high output. But this time he did not...hmmm.

This guy took the BEST shots from Romero and Uriah Hall and kept coming. But yeh he "drops" from a glancing blow that barely touched him from Izzy. Yet Izzy ran like a girl from the power of Romero. So Costa can take Romero shots for 3 round full force but gets TKO'd by 1 glancing shot from Izzy.

Not only that but he didn't even protest the semi early stoppage at all. Didn't look upset at all. Didn't give a diagnosis of what went wrong yet. He had already accepted the outcome.

Bro it was fixed. But believe what you want...we can agree to disagree. Not all UFC fights are fixed but some are ( the ones involving the super marketable people are).

He taunted, and was trying to get Izzy to come to him - CLEARLY - like Yoel was - because they are aware Izzy is a counter-puncher and if they go to him, he will thrive. They want him to come to them, so they can thrive.

Nothing suspicious about that. He did not want to rush at Izzy and get treated like every other opponent. Pretty obvious tactic and behaviour.

This is not evidence of a fix.

You seriously believe Izzy and Costa are A-Class actors since? Lol.

The cocky roid head got beat. No evidence of a fix. Wild theory.

lmao.

People need to get over this. Now the fight was fixed? Acosta got cold feet and was gun shy for fear of being put to sleep. He was outmatched and there wasn’t a single strategy due to his skill set that he could have implemented to win against Israel. The gap between them in terms of ability, skill and experience is way too large to overcome. Just let it go. People are starting to really embarrass themselves looking for all these theories.

The kick to the temple that busted him open was the beginning of the end. Paulo never recovered from that and it’s probably the Cleanest/ hardest he’s been hit since being in the UFC. The pinpoint shot to the other side of the temple ended it for him.

This is really getting embarrassing now.

Back