Paulo Costa and Stipe Miocic were only 7 pounds apart WTF

this is sick. Costa should never be in middleweight

Now come on he is not the only one. Thats what you get without rules for weight cutting. Even OneFC has a more safer approach to this. Romero is similar and Usman at WW is also a huge weightcutter not even going to start with all the absurd LW and BW weightcuts.

The benefits outweigh the risks for them. So what if they cant make weight. They rather win the fight and get a fine and it is a huge advantage in the cage.

That's how it be. WW's are LHW's. MW's are HW's. LHW's are HW's. The HW's are just those who agreed not to cut weight and diet lol.
Yes
Loose booty needs to man up and fight at LHW only from now on.

I guess the difference is the amount of fat?

You look at Stipe and its hard to see him being able to get down to 205 without losing a lot of muscle mass.
Stipe is also about 6'4 where Costa is 6 foot I believe. For reference he's the same height as Israel but look how scrawny Israel needs to be to make that weight. I think Stipe might be able to make 205 but he'd have to kill himself like most do to make weight.

Now come on he is not the only one. Thats what you get without rules for weight cutting. Even OneFC has a more safer approach to this. Romero is similar and Usman at WW is also a huge weightcutter not even going to start with all the absurd LW and BW weightcuts.

The benefits outweigh the risks for them. So what if they cant make weight. They rather win the fight and get a fine and it is a huge advantage in the cage.
you're absolutely right but Costa takes it to another level. I mean Usman next to Colby or Masvidal or any of his latest opponents at least still look like they are in the same weightclass. Costa looks so big next to Marvin its so blatantly obvious

Stipe could easily step on the scale weighing 205 without losing any muscle mass.

He weighed 230.5 for the second fight with Cormier. He would need to cut 25.5 lbs of water weight to make 205.

25.5 / 230.5 = 11%

It is not difficult for a fighter to cut 11% of their body weight in water, especially if they don't have a high body fat percentage.

Stipe wouldn't have to lose any muscle mass to fight at 205. He could cut water weight during fight week and then rehydrate to 230-235 in time for the fight.
I disagree.

It's not just about weight, it's also about *relative* mass.
Stipe weighs ~ 230 pounds, but in relation to his frame he doesn't have a lot of muscle.
For that reason, Izzy would also most likely not be able to make 170 even though he cuts very little weight and is small for 185.

Stipe could easily step on the scale weighing 205 without losing any muscle mass.

He weighed 230.5 for the second fight with Cormier. He would need to cut 25.5 lbs of water weight to make 205.

25.5 / 230.5 = 11%

It is not difficult for a fighter to cut 11% of their body weight in water, especially if they don't have a high body fat percentage.

Stipe wouldn't have to lose any muscle mass to fight at 205. He could cut water weight during fight week and then rehydrate to 230-235 in time for the fight.

Not a chance, unless the objective is for Stipe to die

That has to be one of the worst pics I have seen of Stipe

i think Stipe could hit 205. Might deplete him too much though. Paulo is too swole, he is not going to do much at 205. Needs to drop the extra muscle.

Stipe trying to cut to 205 would look McGregor when he cut for the Siver fight

Stipe's bodyfat is definitely lower than Costa's in the picture, Costa has larger muscles which allow him to look leaner at higher bf%.

So Costa has larger muscles AND higher body fat % than Stipe? Lol he would weigh a shit ton less than Stipe if that were the case.

So Costa has larger muscles AND higher body fat % than Stipe? Lol he would weigh a shit ton less than Stipe if that were the case.

Stipe is 4" taller, not sure what you are trying to say here. People with larger muscles look leaner at higher body fat percentages, this should be common sense.

Stipe is 4" taller, not sure what you are trying to say here. People with larger muscles look leaner at higher body fat percentages, this should be common sense.

Their official height difference is 3 inches which makes up for 20 lbs or less, which still put their height-equivalent in-octagon weight in a similar ballpark.

My point was agreeing with the TS that there isn't much difference in size between Stipe and Costa. Someone said Stipe has more muscle, less fat (than costa) and would need to lose a lot of muscle to get to 205...I disagreed by asking a rhetorical question "are you saying Stipe has lower bf% than Costa?" And your reply implied Costa had more muscle and more fat - which I disagree with

Their official height difference is 3 inches which makes up for 20 lbs or less, which still put their height-equivalent in-octagon weight in a similar ballpark.

My point was agreeing with the TS that there isn't much difference in size between Stipe and Costa. Someone said Stipe has more muscle, less fat (than costa) and would need to lose a lot of muscle to get to 205...I disagreed by asking a rhetorical question "are you saying Stipe has lower bf% than Costa?" And your reply implied Costa had more muscle and more fat - which I disagree with

Fair enough, it looks to me that Stipe is leaner in the pictures but no way to be sure.

Costa literally looks better than Miocic, Miocic looks drained & old, Costa looks full and thick/muscular.
He'd KO Miocic.

Imagine if Roy Nelson gave a shit. Would we still be talking about Anderson?

Back