Media Paulie Malignaggi training for Artem Lobov Bare Knuckle Boxing Fight

I really don't think Paulie is gonna focus on more than just timing his jab at the right distance and backing off Lobov's sloppy return fire. The fact he doesn't put much on his right hand won't be a big factor here, imo.

This is a guy who could control good pro boxers with his jab alone, and now he's fighting a C level mma fighter in a boxing match. Even if he's washed he should get by, assuming his hands hold up.

Anyway, I said this earlier itt but I'll say it again, I really think it's Paulie jabbing Artem's face in and putting some serious facial damage on him in the process. Look what a bjj guy with next to know real actual sole boxing experience was able to do to him in Knight. I like Knight as an mma fighter but he's hardly anything special in regards to boxing.

Paulie should cruise and might look like a dangerous boxer for the first time in, well, forever.

Yeah but knight will risk dying or permanent injury for 6,000 dollars and a W.
That trumps his huge weaknesses

Here’s a classic shadow boxing clip. Imagine this guy in bare knuckles.

Yeah but knight will risk dying or permanent injury for 6,000 dollars and a W.
That trumps his huge weaknesses
Lol true, I like Knight that kid used to hangout at the local walmart in Mississippi and get himself into trouble before he started fighting. That's the most white trash shit I've ever heard. He's got heart for days tho, there's no doubt about that.

Found these two videos which reinforce the strategies for both men.

No surprises really. Lobov is going to stream ahead, take 5 to land 1, while Paulie is going to evade and potshot. He looks sharp and in good shape in the second vid.

It's just a matter of how good Paulie's cardio is to sustain it and go to a decision or win on points.

Found these two videos which reinforce the strategies for both men.

No surprises really. Lobov is going to stream ahead, take 5 to land 1, while Paulie is going to evade and potshot. He looks sharp and in good shape in the second vid.

It's just a matter of how good Paulie's cardio is to sustain it and go to a decision or win on points.

I just googled this guy that Artem is sparring. Davy Joyce is listed at 5'7 and he used to fight at 127 pounds. Now he fights professionally at 135. Why does that guy look so much bigger than Artem? I honestly don't think that Davy Joyce the professional boxer. I think that's Davy Joyce, the Irish Traveller.

This is the boxer:

DavidOliverJoyce.jpg

This is the traveller:

hqdefault.jpg

I'm pretty sure Artem is sparring an Irish Traveller bare-knuckle brawler there. Not a professional and previously Olympic boxer.

Last edited:
so where did this narrative come from that Artem was this huge puncher? he hasn't stopped anyone in the cage in five years.

so where did this narrative come from that Artem was this huge puncher? he hasn't stopped anyone in the cage in five years.

He also just pulverized a man's face with his bare knuckles and couldn't knock the guy out. He's not a big puncher at all. I'd honestly be surprised if he hits harder than Malignaggi in there, a guy who is infamously feather fisted.

I see Paulie cutting up Artem pretty badly in this one.

I've already said this multiple times, and I'll eat crow like I always do if I'm wrong, but even a washed Paulie should be able to jab this dude's face in and not even add a right hand in the process. He should dominate, it's just his stamina and brittle hands that I'm worried about.

But the jab and ability to elude a journeyman mma fighter's telegraphed shots should be more than enough and if I capped this fight correctly he should destroy Artem's face w/ a steady jab alone. I think Artem's nose and eye/s will take some serious damage here, even from the notoriously feather fisted Paulie.

Story about Paulie, I actually saw him at the boxing hof getting his hand plastered, I was only a few yards away from him and this was after his dreads debacle and I hated him. Had a chance to just walk up and talk to him but I was a teenager and thought that he was a :eek::eek::eek: so I passed it up. Wish I could go back and talk to him, even if he's a washed fighter he has an intelligent boxing mind/ high boxing iq.

But anyway I just avoided him like an asshole, and thought I was cool for not talking to him b/c I was an asshole kid. Bert Sugar was also drinking beers and hitting on middle aged women, I talked to him and he was okay but didn't want any part of talking to some kid w/ mop hair about Ponce vs JML. He picked Ponce and fucked me off, he was wrong. RIP tho, etc.

/rant.

It’s a literal
Fist fight. There is a ton of skill in that.
How could that possibly not reflect on the skill of
Boxer and an mma guy.

If two guys fight on the street who have backgrounds in martial arts. It’s pretty obvious the art that they practiced for self defense Which the goal of each of their sport is to beat an opponent up.
It’s goes without saying that the outcome
Of the fight will be based on reflection of their skills.

It sounds like a built in excuse for paulie. I want paulie

A boxer better beat the mma guy in a straight up fist fight. Especially a sanctioned bareknuckle fist fight with a set of rules to follow.

It doesnt reflect on the skill of boxing because.... IT ISN'T BOXING

It doesn't reflect on the skill of MMA cos....IT ISN'T MMA

I hope we can come to an agreement that bare knuckle boxing isn't the same as boxing, and that it isn't MMA.

I just googled this guy that Artem is sparring. Davy Joyce is listed at 5'7 and he used to fight at 127 pounds. Now he fights professionally at 135. Why does that guy look so much bigger than Artem? I honestly don't think that Davy Joyce the professional boxer. I think that's Davy Joyce, the Irish Traveller.

This is the boxer:

DavidOliverJoyce.jpg

This is the traveller:

hqdefault.jpg

I'm pretty sure Artem is sparring an Irish Traveller bare-knuckle brawler there. Not a professional and previously Olympic boxer.

Oh, I think that is Davey Joyce the Olympian. He's stockier than Lobov but a fair bit shorter and has the same tattoos as in this pic. Best I could find that shows the upper back one:

davidOliverJoyceEyeCut_large.jpg

Davey Joyce the traveller is a heavy. He was the one in those traveller family call out vids a few years back that went viral. These are better entertainment than some of the fights:

Lol not gonna lie, if Artem pulls out a win I'll be pretty gotten to, no doubt. Boxing fans will be triggered and mma fans will flood this place talking shit nonstop.

Definitely gonna be a rough week if Paulie loses. Pretty much the whole boxing forum is rooting for Paulie Malignaggi to win a bare knuckle boxing match, lol. It's kinda ridiculous when you think about it but it's true.
I dont think there is that much interest. One is a washed up fighter for 10 years now and the other one is famous for being Connors baby tyrannosaurus lapdog and never was more than journeyman level.

This Fight has no relevance at all besides the spectacle.

It doesnt reflect on the skill of boxing because.... IT ISN'T BOXING

It doesn't reflect on the skill of MMA cos....IT ISN'T MMA

I hope we can come to an agreement that bare knuckle boxing isn't the same as boxing, and that it isn't MMA.

Of course. If your a 2 time world boxing champion and you enter a face and body
Competiton.

Wouldn’t your skills of a lifetime of only punching people in the face be an excellent skill to utilize in said face slugging contest

Of course. If your a 2 time world boxing champion and you enter a face and body
Competiton.

Wouldn’t your skills of a lifetime of only punching people in the face be an excellent skill to utilize in said face slugging contest

They can obviously be helpful- but they are 3 different sports.

If you are shit at bare knuckle it doesn't mean you will be shit at MMA or boxing and if you are good at boxing or MMA it doesn't automatically mean you will be a good bare knuckle fighter.

Back