• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Paul vs Woodley Confirmed

Who wins?

• Total voters
Well shit.

Another MMA champ about to get knocked out.

I do wish him the best but also i'd rather see someone active and skilled at standup. I'd much rather see the smaller dustin poirier take that fight than t wood.
Woodley has decent striking, lots of power and speed. But I also think part of his success on the feet comes from being able to threaten the takedown which he won't have here.

I have a feeling Woodley during the lead up to this bout is somehow going to make this about race. What he failed to understand throughout his career that's it's not his skin color, it's him & his fighting style.

Woodley has decent striking, lots of power and speed. But I also think part of his success on the feet comes from being able to threaten the takedown which he won't have here.
MMA striking is much different than pure Boxing

Not to mention he doesn't have lots of power and speed anymore

MMA striking is much different than pure Boxing

Not to mention he doesn't have lots of power and speed anymore
Idk, he's probably lost a step at 38 but he still looked to have decent speed and power in the Luque fight. Definitely lots more than Askren.

Meh - not much into this crossover era shit. Only tuned in last time for Mir... That whole show was a circus and pretty atrocious...

Won't bother with this but good on Woods and have fun if ya enjoy!
That was with Triller. This is going to be on Showtime.

Last edited:
Cool another 0-0 guy for Jack Paul. At least his brother is fighting Floyd Mayweather.

Can this guy fight a boxer? I don’t know if I can tolerate watching any more mma guys get knocked out by this clown with money.

Yea i don't like his chances. I'm not any kind of striking expert but woodley always seemed to be relying a lot on his one power punch and the wrestling threat. He doesn't have the sharp technique that helps you in boxing.

Basically the perfect style for jake to piece up in the boxing ring. That's why you'll never see him challenge someone like wonderboy even though he lost to woodley.

It's smart though, it really is. Dude is making millions knocking out big names.

This isn't going to be an easy fight for Twood. He has KO power, but he's not a technically exceptional boxer.

I have a feeling Woodley during the lead up to this bout is somehow going to make this about race. What he failed to understand throughout his career that's it's not his skin color, it's him & his fighting style.

People who say this tend to be the biggest bigots of all. Keep that nonsense out of here.

Not sure how i feel about this... MMA fighters going to Thriller to get rekt for money while the casuals look down upon our sport.

I'll watch.

no need to be sensitive about these type of fughts. It’s a boxing match that means nothing to boxing. It’s just a fun gimmick fight. And they get to make a lot of money.

Back