Paul Felder hoping to replace Khabib or Poirier in main event

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Paul Felder will be rubbing shoulders with the headliners as he faces Edson Barboza in the co-main event. If the opportunity arises, Felder is clear that he will fill in for either Nurmagomedov or Poirier in the main event — even at the last minute.

“A co-main event with Khabib and Poirier headlining? The answer is yes. I’ll be making 155 pounds for weigh-ins. Of course,” said Felder as he expects the unexpected at UFC 242.

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...make-155-pounds-so-he-can-step-in-at-ufc-242/

Heh, I bet he is.

Honestly, not a bad tactic. Pull a Bisping, jump the rungs if no one above you is ready or able.

That being said, he's been pretty public about how difficult his weight cuts are. If he really starts cutting weight 3 weeks out for a non-fight, kudos to him.

I mean he's not the first guy I would think of but he will be on weight and there anyway.

El Cucuy is flying there on weight, get to the back of the line Felder.

Clever move on his part. Hope he’s not needed though.

Love Felder as a fighter but wtf, he's trying to skip ranks cause of his gig as a commentator.

He thinks his rematch with Barboza is a marquee event. Dude has gotten pretty delusional.

I really don't understand why fighters don't ALWAYS make championship weight for their division, even when they are not fighting for a title.

If you really believe you are "that guy" in the division, then you would always make championship weight, because it prepares you for the day you are challenging for a title and if you are ever called up for a short notice title fight.

Why make 156, when you can always make 155? If you can't, then you are weight doping, which is more effective than using PEDs in my hypothesis.

Not a bad idea, never know what could happen. I’d tune into him fighting either, but don’t give him much of a chance against either.

He's just saying he's ready if the opportunity arises. Nothing wrong with that.

I really don't understand why fighters don't ALWAYS make championship weight for their division, even when they are not fighting for a title.

If you really believe you are "that guy" in the division, then you would always make championship weight, because it prepares you for the day you are challenging for a title and if you are ever called up for a short notice title fight.

Why make 156, when you can always make 155? If you can't, then you are weight doping, which is more effective than using PEDs in my hypothesis.

It doesn’t seem like much but each lb. is brutal for these guys.
They cut to much.

hope he does make 155

no idea why Pettis didnt that one time

if something were to happen, wouldn't it make more sense to give the opportunity to Barboza since he is higher ranked and has a more dangerous skillset?

I hope Ferguson steps in whoever gets injured instead of Felder.

Ferguson should fly over there and make weight even if the UFC don't ask him to

This card isnt that great really

Back