Paul Daley call out Bellator's MVP opponents! LOL!

Although I absolutely respect Daley for calling out MVP on beating the level of competition he has, Daley also has absolute cans on his Bellator record.

Records are before they fought Daley:
- Andy Urich (11-5) Bellator 148
- Rudy Bears (14-10) Bellator 72
- Dennis Olson (14-8) Bellator 140

Granted, those fights were long ago but still. It shows how it has more to do with Bellator's brass than anything else.
But Paul Daley has also fought Douglas Lima, Jon Fitch, Rory MacDonald, Lorenz Larkin, and Brennan Ward. Sure Paul Daley has a 2-3 record out of that group, but he has had the courage to get in the Bellator cage and risk losing in order to take on tougher fighters. MVP won't even fight Ed Ruth or Yaroslav Amosov or even Jim Wallhead.

there’s been a consistent 5 for years now (Rory, mvp, Daley, fitch, korskov. There’s some new blood lately that’s fair but they haven’t been tested fully yet. If you have those 5 guys fight each other for years either 1 guy dominates all the others and you get a strong champion but a weak looking division. Or they all trade wins and it makes the division look weak because no one is unbeatable. But if these guys fight a lesser known guy it’s a good way to get a highlight reel and build hype towards rematches. I’d much rather see mvp and Daley fight coming off respective ko’s then have them fight again after getting grinded by Fitch or Rory or have them have a close match with someone else
Well, changing the goalposts to fit your narrative that there is only 5 good Welterweights in Bellator, not a good look when debating. However, what everyone can agree without moving the goalposts is MVP needs to fight some top Bellator Welterweights. He's been in Bellator as long as Andrey Koreshkov has been in Bellator and yet they have never faced each other. Mainly because Scott Coker and Rich Chou were to chicken to put Andrey Koreshkov vs MVP in the Bellator Welterweight Tournament. Instead we got some lame trilogy fight between Lima vs Koreshkov that no one was asking for or wanted to see and had absolutely zero build up for a trilogy fight. Coker is trash and Rich Chou matchmaking is straight garbage as well

Grappling is a part of MMA. If MVP couldn't stop takedowns from Paul Daley blame MVP and not Paul Daley
Daley is a fucking idiot. This is what he said before the fight:

If MVP wants to stand and trade we can put a no takedown clause in the contract. Whoever goes for the first takedown loses 50% of their purse. We’ll see who comes out on top.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/...ey-michael-venom-page-rory-macdonald-mma-news

Also MVP reversed him and controlled him on the ground. Daley is a moron.

Well, changing the goalposts to fit your narrative that there is only 5 good Welterweights in Bellator, not a good look when debating. However, what everyone can agree without moving the goalposts is MVP needs to fight some top Bellator Welterweights. He's been in Bellator as long as Andrey Koreshkov has been in Bellator and yet they have never faced each other. Mainly because Scott Coker and Rich Chou were to chicken to put Andrey Koreshkov vs MVP in the Bellator Welterweight Tournament. Instead we got some lame trilogy fight between Lima vs Koreshkov that no one was asking for or wanted to see and had absolutely zero build up for a trilogy fight. Coker is trash and Rich Chou matchmaking is straight garbage as well

well like I said the new blood are untested. Until they fight these 5 it’s hard to say where they land in the division. That being said MVP is a Spectacle. He won’t ever be like other fighters. They’ll never put him against a strong wrestler And it’ll be awhile before he gets another good fighter for awhile thanks to the Lima ko.

Daley needs to focus on how to avoid getting wrestlefucked (or outstruck) by strikers, when was the last time he even beat a high level opponent ... Martin Kampmann? I don't count Larkin but I suppose that's my bias showing through.

Daley is a fucking idiot. This is what he said before the fight:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/...ey-michael-venom-page-rory-macdonald-mma-news

Also MVP reversed him and controlled him on the ground. Daley is a moron.
If Paul Daley was getting out struck on his feet, then going to grappling would prove the exact opposite that Paul Daley is not a idiot as your hurt feelings try to sell, but he was actually smart enough to adjust his fight plan during the fight to do what would work best for him.

Daley needs to focus on how to avoid getting wrestlefucked (or outstruck) by strikers, when was the last time he even beat a high level opponent ... Martin Kampmann? I don't count Larkin but I suppose that's my bias showing through.
Pretty sure Larkin was ranked in the top 10 when Daley KOed him.

If Paul Daley was getting out struck on his feet, then going to grappling would prove the exact opposite that Paul Daley is not a idiot as your hurt feelings try to sell, but he was actually smart enough to adjust his fight plan during the fight to do what would work best for him.
Yeah.. but he sold wolf tickets about not grappling just to panic-wrestle the whole fight.

Why wouldn't you count Larkin?

Daley had his chance to beat Page and he chose to be scared.

there’s been a consistent 5 for years now (Rory, mvp, Daley, fitch, korskov. There’s some new blood lately that’s fair but they haven’t been tested fully yet. If you have those 5 guys fight each other for years either 1 guy dominates all the others and you get a strong champion but a weak looking division. Or they all trade wins and it makes the division look weak because no one is unbeatable. But if these guys fight a lesser known guy it’s a good way to get a highlight reel and build hype towards rematches. I’d much rather see mvp and Daley fight coming off respective ko’s then have them fight again after getting grinded by Fitch or Rory or have them have a close match with someone else

You have no idea what you are talking about. Lol at consistent top 5 when Fitch just joined Bellator 2 fights ago. You didn't even mention Lima who has been in Bellator for 8 years. Or Larkin or Ruth who have been in Bellator for much longer than Fitch. They also have tons of mid tier guys who are way better than the cans MVP has been fighting.

Although I absolutely respect Daley for calling out MVP on beating the level of competition he has, Daley also has absolute cans on his Bellator record.

Records are before they fought Daley:
- Andy Urich (11-5) Bellator 148
- Rudy Bears (14-10) Bellator 72
- Dennis Olson (14-8) Bellator 140

Granted, those fights were long ago but still. It shows how it has more to do with Bellator's brass than anything else.
But they had experience and positive records

But they had experience and positive records
Every single one of MVP's Bellator opponents also had experience and positive records. Positive records don't really mean anything if the win-loss ratio is that close.

Just think what Tyrell Fortune would do to these guys! LOL !

You have no idea what you are talking about. Lol at consistent top 5 when Fitch just joined Bellator 2 fights ago. You didn't even mention Lima who has been in Bellator for 8 years. Or Larkin or Ruth who have been in Bellator for much longer than Fitch. They also have tons of mid tier guys who are way better than the cans MVP has been fighting.

I left out the champ because he’s the champ. Obviously he’s in the top of the division. I’m not saying that MVPs opponents are better than anyone. I’m just saying in a shallow division these matchups are needed. Otherwise there would be no hype towards inevitable rematches

Yeah.. but he sold wolf tickets about not grappling just to panic-wrestle the whole fight.
And football teams talk trash to other teams about what they are going to do each other. Get over it, sports is full of bravado and trash talk. Stop being a "simp" and taking trash talk to heart.

Lol at people shitting on Daley for using wrestling in an mma fight. Fact is if Paul Fucking Daley is ankle picking you from half way across the cage you probably suck.

MVP needs to focus on fighting RANK fighters

Back