News Patricio Pitbull has vacated the Bellator 155lbs. title. Patricky vs. Quelly Elevated to Title Fight

I think it's just the residual Conor fame at this point for him. But Irish fans just need a reason to get drunk and go out so mma fits perfectly within their schedules. I'm sure the place will be BUMPING when Queally makes the walk-out. Just hope Pitbull wins cause Queally getting the belt is a terrible look for Bellator.
Best case scenario Patricky wins and we get AJ vs Patricky for the belt in 2022. Im OK with Patricky getting the belt, he has been a loyal company man and has had a tough strength of schedule (Eddie Alvarez, Chandler, Campos, Awad, Benson, Josh Thomson, Kawajiri, Musayev). He might not be among the elite of the elite but he always brings it. So, I hope he gets paid and makes even more on a future title fight vs AJ.

Best case scenario Patricky wins and we get AJ vs Patricky for the belt in 2022. Im OK with Patricky getting the belt, he has been a loyal company man and has had a tough strength of schedule (Eddie Alvarez, Chandler, Campos, Awad, Benson, Josh Thomson, Kawajiri, Musayev). He might not be among the elite of the elite but he always brings it. So, I hope he gets paid and makes even more on a future title fight vs AJ.
Totally agreed. It would be fitting for Patricky to finally get the belt. I feel that’s something he’s earned. Do I think he’ll be able to defend it? Probably not. But yes he has fought everybody Bellator’s ever had at LW so it would be nice to see.

This is a fucking joke that makes Bellator look so bad. I know that some people don't like Sid Outlaw, or whatever, but this just makes a mockery of the division. No one can accuse me of being a Belllator hater, but this is outright stupid and the definition of shooting yourself in the foot.

having the #1 contender fight the #4 contender for a vacated title is a "fucking joke"? Gonna need that one explained.

Totally agreed. It would be fitting for Patricky to finally get the belt. I feel that’s something he’s earned. Do I think he’ll be able to defend it? Probably not. But yes he has fought everybody Bellator’s ever had at LW so it would be nice to see.
Strangely enough, he fought everyone and it wasnt until Patricio became champ that he stoppes fighting the top guys. By now I would have expected him to have faced Goiti, Primus, and Shabliy but as the division stagnated so did the matches at the top.

Petr Yan and Cory Sandhagen are fighting for a UFC title and both are coming off of loses. These things happen. Gotta get the division rolling again.
They're both coming off wins in my book.

having the #1 contender fight the #4 contender for a vacated title is a "fucking joke"? Gonna need that one explained.
They're both overranked and just not very good in general. If either is the "Bellator LW Champion" it will make the already thin division look significantly worse than it is.

Petr Yan and Cory Sandhagen are fighting for a UFC title and both are coming off of loses. These things happen. Gotta get the division rolling again.

This. Having an "unconvincing" champ for 6 months never hurt the "legitimacy" of any title in any meaningful way. Joe Soto fighting for the belt because he was the best guy available didn't sink the UFC's bantamweight division, Aljamain winning it via DQ didn't sink it this past year. Fans bitch about everything but they forget just as fast, after the first title defense no one will remember or care.

Worst case scenario is Queally wins, and then either drops it in his first defense or beats another legit contender. If he loses then "paper" champ gone, problem solved. If he wins then obviously he was better than the critics thought and was himself legit all along, problem annulled.

i hope AJ moves up and whoops on the other pitbull. what a joke of a title fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back