News Patricio Pitbull has vacated the Bellator 155lbs. title. Patricky vs. Quelly Elevated to Title Fight

This should not be for the title smh, but I guess he wants his bro to become a champ

Will this be the new main event? or will Mix vs Gallagher still be the main event?

Utterly shit title fight but at least it gets the division moving.
Anything is better than an inactive champ, at least we will get the division going and sets up for potential interesting title fights for 2022. Mainly, Shabliy vs Goiti as title eliminator or Primus vs Benson. Also, opens the possibility of signing Tofiq Musayev when he enters free agency in 2022 for a title rematch. I think an instant titleshot for Tofiq as the rematch can sway him to sign with them rather than other promotions.

Last edited:
This is a fucking joke that makes Bellator look so bad. I know that some people don't like Sid Outlaw, or whatever, but this just makes a mockery of the division. No one can accuse me of being a Belllator hater, but this is outright stupid and the definition of shooting yourself in the foot.

This is a fucking joke that makes Bellator look so bad. I know that some people don't like Sid Outlaw, or whatever, but this just makes a mockery of the division. No one can accuse me of being a Belllator hater, but this is outright stupid and the definition of shooting yourself in the foot.
I think it’s just them taking advantage of the fight being in Ireland and Patricio vacating the belt. Things just lined up this way. I don’t think this was anyone’s first plan. I will admit Queally getting the belt would not look good for Bellator.

I think it’s just them taking advantage of the fight being in Ireland and Patricio vacating the belt. Things just lined up this way. I don’t think this was anyone’s first plan. I will admit Queally getting the belt would not look good for Bellator.
It wouldn't look better if the champ was coming off of 2 straight losses while only having to beat Queally for the belt either...

If this is the second plan there should be a third plan.

It wouldn't look better if the champ was coming off of 2 straight losses while only having to beat Queally for the belt either...

If this is the second plan there should be a third plan.
Pitbull brothers are Bellator legends I’d look at it as a favor to them. Patricio had to vacate to let this happen anyway so I’d say it’s the right move given the current situation. Let’s get the division moving.

2 1/2 years holding the div up and you end up with that title fight. Atleast its better than holding the div up any longer.

Am surprised they didnt do the rematch with Aj/Pitbull for this belt and try and get Aj to double champ status as quick as possible.

Only with Bellator can people be offended that a #1 vs #4 match-up is for the title. A ready made rematch due to the ending of the first fight. No one on the roster is as over with a crowd as Queally is in Dublin. That atmosphere will be incredible. Adding a title to it adds even more.

Some would literally scrap that to have a fight featuring Outlaw or Shabliy in Connecticut. Crazy to me.

Horrible news really

If I remember correctly Eblen called out Ward after his last win and he also said he wants to be a company guy. I hope he will replace him just to kick Ward out of the rankings lol

Only with Bellator can people be offended that a #1 vs #4 match-up is for the title. A ready made rematch due to the ending of the first fight. No one on the roster is as over with a crowd as Queally is in Dublin. That atmosphere will be incredible. Adding a title to it adds even more.

Some would literally scrap that to have a fight featuring Outlaw or Shabliy in Connecticut. Crazy to me.

Queally would be one of the most ridiculously average world champions ever, that's the main issue.

Queally would be one of the most ridiculously average world champions ever, that's the main issue.
I agree but it is the right move. Queally is a bit of a name in Ireland and it sets up for AJ vs Patricky, which is an easy sell.

This is an event that I would go to without a doubt; main and co-main are bangers. Plus, remember this walkout

Back