Patong Boxing Gym ????

joeyd77

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone been to Patong Boxing Gym lately? I'm getting ready to go back to Thailand but don't want the shitty air in Bangkok and Chiang Mai is little too laid back for me so I want to go back to Phuket.
I refuse to go back TMT and although I liked Phuket Dragon I'm looking for some place different. I really enjoyed the training style at Fairtex Bangplee, in the aspect that EVERY session is a private lesson and Patong Boxing Gym claims to have the same style of teaching. I was hoping to hear from someone who's been there lately to get some opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Try J.Prapa Gym in Kata beach. Best training Ive ever had! They had morning and afternoon group sessions, but I paid 600 baht a day for 1hr private sessions with their head trainer, 5 x World Champion Jomhod Kiatadisak. The training was just awesome!. Paids, grappling, light sparring. In between ounds he tells you stories about all his fights, and the people he has beat (Ramon Dekker, Soren Mongkokgtong, Paul Briggs etc). Ill will be training there again this year. Kata is a much nicer place to stay than Patong, or it is 20 min by motorbike from Patong.

Check out FightPassport.com. Bill, the guy who runs the blog, LOVES Patong Boxing Gym and says there are no group classes. He says each session is a private lesson basically. He has a lot of info about Patong Boxing Club on the site. Hes trained at Tiger Muay thai and over a dozen other gyms in Thailand and Patong is his favorite.

Try J.Prapa Gym in Kata beach. Best training Ive ever had! They had morning and afternoon group sessions, but I paid 600 baht a day for 1hr private sessions with their head trainer, 5 x World Champion Jomhod Kiatadisak. The training was just awesome!. Paids, grappling, light sparring. In between ounds he tells you stories about all his fights, and the people he has beat (Ramon Dekker, Soren Mongkokgtong, Paul Briggs etc). Ill will be training there again this year. Kata is a much nicer place to stay than Patong, or it is 20 min by motorbike from Patong.

website or something of the gym?

Check out FightPassport.com. Bill, the guy who runs the blog, LOVES Patong Boxing Gym and says there are no group classes. He says each session is a private lesson basically. He has a lot of info about Patong Boxing Club on the site. Hes trained at Tiger Muay thai and over a dozen other gyms in Thailand and Patong is his favorite.

I don't think he has trained at over a dozen other gyms in Thailand.

website or something of the gym?

Just tried the link I had for their website (they did have one!) and it has disappeared. You can email the manager: [email protected] , he is very helpful, maybe he can advise you of a new website, otherwise he will be able to personally answer any questions you have.

I read his blog and it really has me leaning toward Patong Boxing Gym. I checked out J. Prapa's website but I really like the idea of one on one training since I always benefit more from it. Like many people have stated in past threads, I never pay for more than 1 week at a time since you never know how the training will be, who else will be training there or if the gym will be overrun by a large group of Farang.

Funny how farang don't like training with farang.

Funny how farang don't like training with farang.

hahaha. it is funny. I spent one week at what is probably the #1 farang gym in Thailand and I just hated the whole "fraternity" feel. Some people love that place and I couldn't stand it. I just don't want to go all the way Thailand to train at a McDojo owned by some redneck expat. It's all part the experience I guess.:icon_lol:

hahaha. it is funny. I spent one week at what is probably the #1 farang gym in Thailand and I just hated the whole "fraternity" feel. Some people love that place and I couldn't stand it. I just don't want to go all the way Thailand to train at a McDojo owned by some redneck expat. It's all part the experience I guess.:icon_lol:

Feel like mentioning a name? I have a hunch but my curiosity is getting the best of me.

I read his blog and it really has me leaning toward Patong Boxing Gym. I checked out J. Prapa's website but I really like the idea of one on one training since I always benefit more from it. Like many people have stated in past threads, I never pay for more than 1 week at a time since you never know how the training will be, who else will be training there or if the gym will be overrun by a large group of Farang.

I had a great time at PBG. I was there in April this year. Unfortunately, I was only there for a few days. The rooms were good, the trainers were very cool, the training was excellent and the people were great too. Next time Im in Phuket, I will def hit up PBG.

i spent 5 weeks at pattog boxing gym and while i have no base for comparision in thailand, i must say it was kick ass and i can't wait to go back. There is no group class, only one on one with your trainer. Basically you are assigned a trainer when you first go and generally stick with that one guy troughout your time there. My trainer was Ming and he was definatly my favorite, we called him ming the merciless haha cause he was all buisness. Then there was the chubby guy who likes to joke around and laugh alot, and the short guy who is really good but he doesnt give a fuck unless you are really good, and last guy who was there was the skinny guy, he is a good trainer. Ming is the guy who has the cute little son who will be constantly running around. His wife is very nice and she and the other chick will cook some good food for you for pretty cheap. If you want to fight, they will arrange cheezy fights for you at bangla stadium and you make like 3000 baht so its definatly worth it.

Anyways they treat you great and you will learn so much i really could not have asked for more.

It is pretty expensive to actually stay at patton boxing gym. There is a nice complex of apartments at the top of the hill between pattong and kathu (only like 5 mins vespa ride) where not many foreiners stay and it was about 3000 baht for a whole month.

I cannot wait to go back.

if you have any other questions let me know.

my advice is go there and find out how's the training. so many people criticize and talk shit about other gyms but dont have the balls to fight. simple as that. find out for yourself.

people claim so and so gym is better to train at but they dont fight. so how would they know if the training is good? take it with a grain of salt. find out for yourself and make your own decisions.

i have a friend who trains at a so called "farang" gym but he fights thais all the time. and they aint no damn cab drivers.

Never been to Patong Boxing Gym but it seems like a cool place to train at. I've only been to Rompo, Chacrit, Scorpion (closed now) and Fairtex Pattaya. I envy the dude that runs fightpassport. He's living life. :D

Patong beach is shitty, Kata is expensive and is full of lady boys, Nai Harn beach is really clean and nice compared to other beaches in that area and Sinbi gym is near by.

Nai Harn is nice and quiet, but it's a little on the small size. The best is making your way past the rocks and onto one of the 20-30 feet stretches of sand over there.

Kata's nice. There's another (I think) private beach in the area... Nui, maybe? I've never been there, but I heard it's nice.

Back