Path to victory for Stipe against Jon?

I am not counting out Stipe, but I do believe his chances would have been much better before the almost 4 years of not fighting. And before he got K.O'ed twice. I would say Stipe right now is the weakest version of Stipe that has ever been.

I hope I am wrong and the long lay off has helped him, and he got stronger with age.
stipe is certainly no better than he was 4 years ago. that’s not my point tho. think 15 - 20 years in the future, when mma fans are debating the legacies of former greats. stipe’s name will mean something because he’s already established at the best hw. aspinall’s name won’t mean anything if jon beats him because he’s nobody right now. it’s lose-lose for jon to fight aspinall, regardless of money, regardless of aspinall’s abilities.

stipe is certainly no better than he was 4 years ago. that’s not my point tho. think 15 - 20 years in the future, when mma fans are debating the legacies of former greats. stipe’s name will mean something because he’s already established at the best hw. aspinall’s name won’t mean anything if jon beats him because he’s nobody right now. it’s lose-lose for jon to fight aspinall, regardless of money, regardless of aspinall’s abilities.

Kevin McBride and Danny Williams both beat Mike Tyson. No matter how much Tysons name means, no matter how good he was at the peak - no one is giving them credit for beating "Iron Mike", because they didn't. They beat an old, over the hill, out of shape Mike Tyson.

And right now, that is what Stipe is no matter who he was. I hope he proves me wrong though.

To send a pregnant woman to him before the fight <BC1> <goldie>

Kevin McBride and Danny Williams both beat Mike Tyson. No matter how much Tysons name means, no matter how good he was at the peak - no one is giving them credit for beating "Iron Mike", because they didn't. They beat an old, over the hill, out of shape Mike Tyson.

And right now, that is what Stipe is no matter who he was. I hope he proves me wrong though.

You are right with Tyson, those two beat a well beyond prime Tyson and those wins don't count for much. But I don't think that example crosses over to Stipe/Jon so much.

Both Williams and McBride were in their early 30s while Mike was 38 and 39 and had more than 20+ fights than both and had been fighting much longer. Stipe and Jon on the other hand are much closer. Stipe has 24 fights, Jon has 29, Stipe started in 2010 and Jon in 2008, so in terms of career and wear, they are very similar. Stipe actually has less fights, and less fight time. Jon is 5 years younger than Stipe, but more fights. Both guys have been pretty inactive with 2 fights since 2020.

With that said, Jon and Stipe are both in pretty much the same shape in terms of their prime, both are passed it. I don't think Jon any advantages here in that aspect.

I think fights like Yair/Penn, Craig/Shogun, Hall/Anderson, Mitrione/Fedor are more in line with your point.

You are right with Tyson, those two beat a well beyond prime Tyson and those wins don't count for much. But I don't think that example crosses over to Stipe/Jon so much.

Both Williams and McBride were in their early 30s while Mike was 38 and 39 and had more than 20+ fights than both and had been fighting much longer. Stipe and Jon on the other hand are much closer. Stipe has 24 fights, Jon has 29, Stipe started in 2010 and Jon in 2008, so in terms of career and wear, they are very similar. Stipe actually has less fights, and less fight time. Jon is 5 years younger than Stipe, but more fights. Both guys have been pretty inactive with 2 fights since 2020.

With that said, Jon and Stipe are both in pretty much the same shape in terms of their prime, both are passed it. I don't think Jon any advantages here in that aspect.

I think fights like Yair/Penn, Craig/Shogun, Hall/Anderson, Mitrione/Fedor are more in line with your point.
Right now very few people expects Stipe to win. Hell, back at UFC 295 bookies/betting places gave Stipe less than 20% chance to win. Jones was -425. Those odds will be even more screwed when they finally meet. There is a reason why professional betting places put those odds like that (and yes, they can be wrong). And yes, Jon is 36 and at the end of his prime. Stipe is 41+ and his prime ended 5 years ago. That is just how biology works.
"The human body is made up of fat tissue, lean tissue (muscles and organs), bones, and water. After age 30, people tend to lose lean tissue. Your muscles, liver, kidney, and other organs may lose some of their cells. This process of muscle loss is called atrophy."

Even if we don't consider Jon being juiced to the gills his whole career, all odds are on his side. And beating a guy everyone expects you to beat is not that impressive imo.

That said, I hope Stipe makes a fool out of me.

Path to victory……that of righteousness.

He has to play dirty if he wants to beat that cheater. You just can't beat Jones fighting a clean fight.

Use the same tactic as for DC3...just bully him on the fence.
Stipe has huge torso and has shown strength on the fence (holding Francis against the cage in the first fight).
Get him against the cage and work from there.

Assuming he's not totally shot given the inactivity age and previous knockout, I think stipe should try and outbox him from the outside and stuff the tds.

He'd have the power advantage and could land something of serious consequence.

Buy more likely we'll see a shopworn , retired stipe get taken down and submitted

Nothing.

Nothing Stipe can do will upset the path that God has chosen for Saint Jones. He will sub him in the first round just like Gane and Ngannou, because Saint Jones is that good and blessed by Jesus himself

Back