Pat Curran vs Frankie Edgar

Dylman12

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Just finished watching Pat defend his title and thought him and Edgar would be a fantastic match-up. Discuss who you think would win and why.

Sorry if this has been posted before

First thread ever, hopefully more to come. I'll promise to try and think of original ones since i've seen plenty on the same topic.

I like Curran but, I do not think he should be even mentioned with the likes of Frankie Edgar at this stage of his career. Pat Curran is very good but I think Frankie Edgar has the advantage pretty much everywhere. The potential is there though, Pat Curran can get better in fights to come.

Hmmm. Pulling my tinfoil hat out on this one. Your not the first........first time poster tonight. You were hired by Bellator to spread the gospel.

It would be a dance not a fight

If you're referring to Curran also I assume you didn't just watch his fight and get at look at his opponent's face. Curran does damage, just because fighters are quick doesn't mean it is a boring fight.

Whats with all the people posting in the UFC section about Curran being the top featherweight in the world?????

Edgar would wreck curran at this point.

Whats with all the people posting in the UFC section about Curran being the top featherweight in the world?????

Edgar would wreck curran at this point.

Well, it should be in the UFC section since the fight would happen in the UFC, I don't think he is the best either, his boxing just reminded me of Frankie and I thought it would be a good fight.

Edgar by dominance. Big fan of Curran but I doubt he stays on the feet very much against Edgar. Curran struggled against lesser fighters like Joe Warren and Marlon Sandro before getting nasty KOs.

I like Curran but, I do not think he should be even mentioned with the likes of Frankie Edgar at this stage of his career. Pat Curran is very good but I think Frankie Edgar has the advantage pretty much everywhere. The potential is there though, Pat Curran can get better in fights to come.

Agreed.

Frankie would win. He has too much movement and curran usually stands still. Look at his Alvarez fight. It could go similarly to that.

Frankie easy UD
Curran is too inactive and Frankie has been in there with much harder hitters

Curran looked good tonight but i dont think he could beat Edgar

Edgar would win, but no he wouldn't "dismantle him".

Curran could easily hang in there with Edgar, especially at 145. His TDD is outstanding and so is his striking defense

Back