Pat Curran: 'I can definitely beat Jose Aldo'

EJRMAN513

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://fansided.com/2013/10/17/pat-curran-can-definitely-beat-jose-aldo/

Obviously a fighter is not going to come out and say "oh I have no chance against that guy" but what do you realistically think Pat's chances against Aldo are? Personally although I would have Aldo as the favorite, Pat could potentially give him problems due to his height, length, crisp and technical striking and a proven grappling game if the fight went to the ground. Thoughts?

Anyone that writes him off is kidding themselves. Curran is a technically fantastic fighter and a guy that is game for 5 5's if needbe. He would push Aldo to limits that he's never been forced to go before, that's a guarantee.

I think Aldo would win, but Curran definitely has a realistic chance, and I'd love to see that fight. It's probably the most interesting fight for him left at 145, and one of the many reasons Bellator would have practical value to Zuffa after all.

He would give him a decent fight but ppl look at fights like Hominick and KZ where Aldo was clearly hurt and for some reason discredit him for those wins.

I dont see what he offers to a healthy Aldo tbh.

id like to see him vs Edgar or Mendes though

A healthy Aldo will crush anyone at the 145-pound weight class. Curran would be a good fight but guys like Chad Mendes have the formula to beat Aldo.

Is healthy Aldo the new motivated BJ or Chuck with that look in his eyes?

I wouldn't expect Pat to say anything different. He's looked great on his most recent run, but I would heavily favor Aldo.

He has a chance cause he is a top FW but obviously I'd pick Aldo.

Truthfully I'd pick Aldo, Edgar, Mendes over Curran.

Is healthy Aldo the new motivated BJ or Chuck with that look in his eyes?

no healthy Aldo is the Aldo that isnt fighting with clear injuries...

pe-aldo.jpg

i still laugh at ppl who somehow think he was exposed in the KZ fight which he clearly won.

I favor Aldo , but give Curran the best chance of any 145lbs fighter. Mendes being third and I'm not factoring in Pettis because even though the bout was scheduled, I never saw him at FW.

Curran is really technically proficient; he also has a dangerous combination of toughness and power to add. There's a chance that the fight might go down like his bout with Alvarez - caught hesitant on the outside, looking to counter but getting beat to the punch. Pat is defensively sound, but sometimes a bit hesitant to create openings if his opponents are not making them for him. Aldo has the discipline and speed to jab - leg kick his way to a decision, but I do not see that fight being a blow-out.

Come on down I want to see that fight. Leave Bellator if you beat everybody that you have to and join the UFC and take on the entire FW division. It would be a hell of a fight.

I think Aldo would win, but Curran definitely has a realistic chance, and I'd love to see that fight. It's probably the most interesting fight for him left at 145, and one of the many reasons Bellator would have practical value to Zuffa after all.
Outside of a Mendes rematch, my top two fights for Aldo are against Curran and Pitbull.

Come on down I want to see that fight. Leave Bellator if you beat everybody that you have to and join the UFC and take on the entire FW division. It would be a hell of a fight.

He just signed a new multi year deal that will see him in Bellator for the next 3-4 years.

Unless Bellator goes under or gets bought out you wont be seeing Curran in the UFC anytime soon.

Healthy well rested Aldo beats him 9/10

Him and Mendes are the fights i want for Aldo. Too bad we may never see it.

He just signed a new multi year deal that will see him in Bellator for the next 3-4 years.

Unless Bellator goes under or gets bought out you wont be seeing Curran in the UFC anytime soon.

Aldo will be in his early 30's so no problem. Curran will just have to keep building up his record and if both are still at the top of their game, it's on.

I'd say Aldo -325 Curran +300 in this hypothetical fight. Curran definitely does have a chance to win though.

Back