Pat Cummings is one of the worst strikers in UFC history

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Sarcasm doesn't translate very well into text lol.

That being said, Shields is a great grappler. But he's a terrible striker. After almost 2 decades of being a pro fighter, and training with the Diaz brothers, you'd think he'd have picked up a few things over the years. Even just the basic fundamentals of striking. But nope. He's possibly the worst striker in MMA, and definitely the worst to ever attain such a high level/ranking. I could probably get a kid off the street into my gym, and in 6 months he'd be a better striker than Shields.

His striking makes Hondas look K-1 level.
6a00d8341bf8f353ef0154320eab37970c-800wi

<JerryWWF>

They surely do more than 1 2.

Have you been watching how the wrestlers fight for past 6 years? Or is shitposting all you really do?
Its all he really does. But hes pro khabib so i sez the mods to em i sez,just dub him dont ban him.

What I found had to believe was that he is a Top 10 fighter.

I cannot believe he was a Top 10 fighter. I highlights how shallow the talent pool is in the UFC LHW division.

i found it funny Rogan focusing on Cummins making DC cry in the wrestling room. like as if Cummins had something to do with it and not the fact that DC's child was just killed in an accident.
The entire lead up to that fight belongs on Rogan's lowlight reel.

Of all of the cringe inducing things that he's said over the years that people love to talk about, I'm surprised that it doesn't come up more.

Oh and back on topic, it should be pointed out that Gian Villante actually lost two rounds of a stand up fight to Cummins.

Gassed Villante is one of most embarrassing UFC-level fighters ever.

What I found had to believe was that he is a Top 10 fighter.

I cannot believe he was a Top 10 fighter. I highlights how shallow the talent pool is in the UFC LHW division.

He was the best guy outside the UFC at one point who destroyed UFC-level guys in practice every day! He was only working at Starbucks because NO ONE WANTED TO FIGHT HIM!!

~ Joseph Rogan

He was the best guy outside the UFC at one point who destroyed UFC-level guys in practice every day! He was only working at Starbucks because NO ONE WANTED TO FIGHT HIM!!

~ Joseph Rogan

What's puzzling is I just don't understand how a guy with his limited skill set can be labeled as a Top 10 guy. Solid wrestling base and durable. The only answer is the division is weak and deflated, a shame.

The fight with DC should not have been sanctioned. DC had just won the StrikeForce grand prix and moved over to the UFC beating two ranked heavyweights in Mir and Nelson. He was 14-0 and arguably one of the best heavyweights in the world fighting at the highest level of the sport.

Cummings had 4 fights in his entire career on the regional circuit.

This is how people get hurt and why squash matches are a terrible idea. His career has been a mess since he was tossed into the big show with virtually no professional experience and had to learn on the job. Even in a thin division like 205, it just didn't make sense for his career.

The amount of damage this fellow has taken. He doesn't belong in the UFC and frankly, I'm tired of watching him take beatings in lopsided fights.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Sarcasm doesn't translate very well into text lol.

That being said, Shields is a great grappler. But he's a terrible striker. After almost 2 decades of being a pro fighter, and training with the Diaz brothers, you'd think he'd have picked up a few things over the years. Even just the basic fundamentals of striking. But nope. He's possibly the worst striker in MMA, and definitely the worst to ever attain such a high level/ranking. I could probably get a kid off the street into my gym, and in 6 months he'd be a better striker than Shields.

His striking makes Hondas look K-1 level.

What made Shield's striking even more mystifying is how shitty he always made great strikers look when they fought him. Shields has pretty much zero striking but he would make his opponent come in with pretty much zero striking as well (a shell of what that fighter has shown).

Shields had a great chin too. Took a flush, fresh round 1 H-Bomb then proceeded to hang on and molest Hendo after that.

Back