Pat Barry vs Mourad Bouzidi @ glory 20

miguel torres is on this card as well isn't he?

no thats the legacy kickboxing card which is this weekend in texas. Torres was lined up for a glory show last year but pulled out. Interesting to see what happens this weekend with him. Barry is also fighting on the legacy card this weekend, Cosmo Alexandre too. Not a bad card.

Is barry still with Trevor Wittman? because no disrespect but that's not the place to train pure striking

3 april? Another 2 months break between events :|

Hopefully they'll pick up more steam in the 2nd half of the year and will hold 1 event per month.

The event it self looks ok, looking forward to it.

Varga vs Amrani is a great fight.

The tournament is pretty good just seems kind of pointless.

Why are fights like this scheduled when Barry still has an upcoming fight? He could easily get KO'd or injured and the fight is off.

I also don't get how Glory champions get to fight in other organisations like Kunlun Fight(Verhoeven, van Roosmalen), don't champions have exclusive contracts or something?

But yeah Varga vs Amrani seems like a good fight, stoked that Pereira is on the card as well. It kinda sucks how Marcus and Barrett are both in a do or die situation right now, Marcus has to prove that he can hang with the rest of the middleweights kickboxers and Barrett isn't exactly the easiest matchup for him. Wayne also has to prove that he is still a top mw kickboxer, since he is on a 2 fight losing streak as of right now. I think they should have given Marcus someone who is a bit lower in the rankings because he doesn't really have much experience with the Glory kickboxing ruleset, someone like Bogdan Stoica for example. Besides that the tournament could be great to watch as well, all four of them are exciting fighters to watch.

Last edited:
agreed, barry's glory fight shouldn't of been released until his friday fight with demoreo dennis at the legacy kickboxing event is over.

glory was the one who loaned barry to legacy. not sure why glory would start promoting barry's fight in april before his fight this friday. guess they assume he's going to win.

Bouzidi isn't known for his granite chin either, he's been knocked out quite a few times.

yeah, I was really just replying to the guy who was wondering if he still trained at an MMA gym, rather than a kickboxing one. How highly do you rate his striking from what you have seen? does he need a lot of work?

I remember him in the UFC but was never impressed

Who are EMD promotions. Can't find anything about them online

yeah, I was really just replying to the guy who was wondering if he still trained at an MMA gym, rather than a kickboxing one. How highly do you rate his striking from what you have seen? does he need a lot of work?

I remember him in the UFC but was never impressed

He's still with Grudge but all those guys from there seem to never ever work on defence; Schaub, Barry, even Carwin (although he had the chin to take some punishment) all get punched in the face fairly easy. Barry has some nasty lowkicks but let's his hands down waaay too much and ate too many shots to be able to cut it in modern day elite kickboxing. Bouzidi will probably fuck him up with boxing but is no world beater himself.

I know he's a grown man and can make his own decisions but I worry for barry with the amount he gets blasted.

He's still with Grudge but all those guys from there seem to never ever work on defence; Schaub, Barry, even Carwin (although he had the chin to take some punishment) all get punched in the face fairly easy. Barry has some nasty lowkicks but let's his hands down waaay too much and ate too many shots to be able to cut it in modern day elite kickboxing. Bouzidi will probably fuck him up with boxing but is no world beater himself.

haha even just seeing "defence" and "Schaub" in the same sentence is hilarious

This is what I could find:

EMD Sports
EMD is a sports events organizing company with a special focus on boxing and mixed martial arts events.After incorporartion in 2007 under the ownership of UAE's first professional boxer Eisa Aldah EMD Sports Services has successfully organized several mega boxing and martial events in UAE which has helped to creat market for such sports in the region.Our goal is to promote the sport of professional boxing in the region and provide high class events to creat interest and enthusiasm amoung the people for the sport. EMD working methodology i.e. EXELLENCE, METHODICAL, DEDICATION assures attendance of each event details which helps achieving high standards. The event process is filtered through various EMD Sports Services teams which are:

Management
Professional Event Management by EMD Sports Services assures quality and dedication to the commitments. EMD is always striving to produce unique ideas and maintain innovative thinking so remain updated of new trends in Event Management. Widely experienced staff is a valuable asset of EMD which is committed to produce and promote events of unique nature thus open up fresh and attractive avenues for brand promotion. Planning process of events with close collaboration of clients enable us to build opportunities to communicate your key messages and help you to build long term relationships.

Creative Team
Creative Production Designers work closely with clients to define focus, direction of each event and create unique inspiring event flow while considering the demography and psychology of the guests, other influences. Sensory impact of each event element are minutely analyzed which helps generating nature alike events.
Marketing & Promotion Team
The Marketing & Promotion Team is highly dedicated to professional excellence and generates attractive brands promotional activities. Its coordinated promotional process with Event & Production and Creative Teams ensure gain of desired clientele objectives. Marketing team takes care of relevant segment of brand promotion and advises on communications between the Media and EMD. During planning and execution of an event it maintains close coordination between EMD and media.

Event & Production Team
Keeping the objectives in view, Event and Production Team is responsible to conceive ideas to generate and plan unique events for the clients. The team remains updated with the latest trends of event planning and regularly attend local events and watching events around globe. This helps enhancing their vision and sphere of thoughts.

Mixed Martial Arts & Boxing Division
EMD Sports Services Mixed Martial Arts & Boxing Division is designed to provide with the basic organizational and business structure to sport, fitness and boxing events. Its events coverage includes international boxing and mixed martial arts championships as well as offers variety of services, including fitness and wellness, exercise programs. It is sole set up of its nature which has the ability to manage professional boxers in highly skilled manners. EMD Sports Services is owned by UAE's only professional boxer Eisa Aldah which gives EMD an edge in understanding the art better than any other company in the region.

Very nice so far. Varga vs. Amrani is something that had to happen. Good to see Barrett again, he looked fairly bad in his last fight and imo has to do better now. Nice to see Marcus again also, don't really think he is in a "do or die situation". Wouldn't be great to lose 2 in a row but at least he didn't look like crap in his last Glory fight. Love me some Pereira too.

Need to work on your google-fu. They seem to do some boxing events and such.
Could swear I've heard that name before, presumably in relation to GFC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back