• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Past and present, are there any UFC fighters that you admire as a person?

Tank Abbot: Level headed guy, very respectful towards his opponents. Humble, and pioneer of dieting and fitness.

Gilbert Yvel: Just like Tank, he embodied what a gentleman is. Quiet guy with good control of his emotions.

Matt Hughes: Great friend, husband and brother. Used to play with animals too as a kid. A true christian.

War Machine: Smart smart man whose good decisions led him far. Self restrain guru.

Brian Stan is a man among men. Nothing short of being a hero.
GSP. Guys like him are unique in that they could win a fight against 99% of people in the world, but if you were in public and accidentally stepped on Georges’ foot, he would probably apologize and kneel down to wipe your shoe off.

As mentioned: Justin Wren & Genki Sudo.

Not yet mentioned: Chris Lytle. Full time firefighter during his career. Complete class. Changing his style to be more exciting by the end and hand delivering the 'Thank you' letter to Dana at the weigh-ins before announcing he'd retire following his fight with Hardy and ending it with SOTN & FOTN.

UFC past and present:
125: DJ
135: Faber
145: Fili
155: Khabib
170: Lawler
185: Whittaker, Tavares, Soriano
205: DC, Pedro
HW: Hunt, Tuivasa

I don't know any of them personally, so no.

So odd. I live in Nor Cal and have met Shields on a couple of occasions. The closer he got to a title shot the more of a dick he became imo.
You must of been trying troll him in person, as Jake got more humble actually being his father was getting sicker during that time. I saw Jake often, he stopped going out so much, stopped partying as often, etc..

GSP. Will always be my favorite fighter and is a great dude and a class act all the way.

Mousasi not mentioned yet. Shameful. Evan Tanner was a cool guy too. Many many more.

Wow Dariush not being mentioned yet is embarrassing and recently he donated his POTN bonus after melting Klose to fund an orphanage in Haiti

3t4mMiHtkIqp9soJQAmyRKeA5GsOCFsmODWNEzzyn5XuCp8M3utxPQSDcTYYt776pyf7PWN_7v-YwpTkiT_oMVo1JrHVEFlK_cbFidrOhyuSTEJ-j0-8ciwUwOqZ

Robbie Lawler. He took Matt Lindland's soul, then made sure his corpse lied in a respectable manner. That was downright Bushido.
yfv.gif

lol. He also tried to murder Trigg and Tiki Ghosn, so I'd say it's a wash on the bushido end.

Conor
Machida
Stephen thompson
Zhang
I forgot nate Diaz, I like his personality as a gangster but I think he's a good guy khabib sometimes I like him sometimes I can't stand him I absolutely hate masvidal and jeremy stephens

So...you must be talking about the cops who just pulled Jones over and made him cry, right?

Sounds like they needed backup like little bishes.

Jon Jones & Chris Dorner wreck the entire police force, confirmed.

I don't know any UFC, or else, MMA fighter as a person... Almost nobody here knows, probably.

What we seen is the personas they carry in public.

Those probably aren't that different from their 'true' characters, because most of them aren't good actors.

But still it's only part of them.

lol. He also tried to murder Trigg and Tiki Ghosn, so I'd say it's a wash on the bushido end.

Tiki Ghosn is a demon, and that last shot is what made Frank decide to move to announcing full time. Bushido as fuuuuuuck.

Back