Passing out

Hey guys, was checking out the vids, and, any of you notice the amount of vids of college kids taping their friends getting choked out? Shit's getting dangerous.

Nice, Anaconda.

haha actually it wasn't so nice :(

For like a week or two afterwards I was really paranoid about getting choked out. My instructor rolled with me a couple of times and just kept getting chokes on me to get my confidence back.

Wow, bro, that's fucked up, but it takes a real man to post this stuff up, so much respect.

I went to my first tourney last month, and in my first match, the guy had me in a collar choke, it was the first time I pretty much passed out; although it was for less than a second, till I got fucking scared and tapped. I now see what you guys say, that you pretty much don't feel it tight at all, and then you go to sleep.

Yeah, if the person gets the choke right you don't feel it at all. You just sort of drift off. Strange feeling to say the least.

I guess one dude choking another dude is not as dangerous as people jerking of and doing it to themselves (pun inteded)

WTF happened around 4:50 into that clip??

It looks like someone from the opposite fighter's corner comes up from behind and chokes the guy out??

None of the vids work. They have all been taken down.

edit: nevermind. They work now.

Weird.

I was impressed with the Japanese, even the women, at the Pan Ams. Those f@#kers don't tap..haha

haha actually it wasn't so nice :(

For like a week or two afterwards I was really paranoid about getting choked out. My instructor rolled with me a couple of times and just kept getting chokes on me to get my confidence back.

I was like that too after I got put to sleep by compressive asphyxia (which was a complete accident, my opponent definitely didn't intend to put me out, and I never saw it coming). Everytime I ended up on my back, I'd panic and get completely paranoid and just tell myself, "don't stop breathing, don't pass out" lol I eventually got over it

Royce going out at 2:47 in the first video....night night royce:icon_cry2

Not tapping when you know you're about to go out is easily one of the dumbest, "macho" things anyone can do.

I don't know how this makes the sport more "dangerous", all of those people were fine once revived. Obviously if no one stops the match it could get hairy, but that applies to most combat sports.

are you serious? In one, it looks like the guy was out for a bit before the ref finally stopped it. Get a slow ref, and you can get some brain damage. And the whole, "everyone was fine once revived" bit is ridiculous. first of all, the first montage doesn't even wait to see them revived. Second, Anytime some guys legs continoulsy jerk and twitch when he's out, he's not just fine.

Back