Parrying and counters

Lama

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi

I've been training in MuayThai for years now, and time and time again i've learned and taught parrying and counter, yet in all honesty i've never really seen it used in Thai Boxing fight or an MMA fight.

I've seen instructionals by great stand up fighters all teach parrying and counter yet never demonstate it in their fights. Does anyone have examples where practice has been put into a professional fight?

Usually fighters seem to slug it out until one makes a good connection.

Peace

What kind of fights are you talking about? Parrying, slipping and catching can be seen in most fights except for ones where both opponents prefer to clinch,

watch jeremy horn vs chuck liddell, jeremy uses the same parry and counter that bas rutten teaches on his dvds and even punches with a verticle fist like bas now teaches, he uses it very effectively and over and over, check it out when you can

killer_kicks88 said:
watch jeremy horn vs chuck liddell, jeremy uses the same parry and counter that bas rutten teaches on his dvds and even punches with a verticle fist like bas now teaches, he uses it very effectively and over and over, check it out when you can

I don't know if he used it effectively over and over... but he did use the move.
:wink:

But I have a good video for you. Sergei Kharitonov totally destroys Pedro Rizzo. Pedro Rizzo is no can, Kharitonov is just talented. Don't be afraid to pause it and slow it down, he does some things that you normally just dismiss. Here.

Soulfly said:
I don't know if he used it effectively over and over... but he did use the move.
:wink:

But I have a good video for you. Sergei Kharitonov totally destroys Pedro Rizzo. Pedro Rizzo is no can, Kharitonov is just talented. Don't be afraid to pause it and slow it down, he does some things that you normally just dismiss. Here.

such as wat ?

The way he slips and counters the punches. I don't see a lot of fighters fight as smooth as he does. Every punch lands and he's hardly hit at all. He's got interesting technique that'd be good to learn from.

Back