Media Francis Ngannou shares story of what happened to his son

It's hard for doctors. Humans could have anything. Wish they tested it all. Imoossible to rule everything and anything out. RIP

I am pretty sure some of the Saudi hospitals are staffed by westerners. They pay out contracts for people to do tours there.
They are, but I think it might have been already too late for him, when he was there.
If he had a malformation this severe in his brain, that’s something you can see in an ultrasound at the fetal stage. You can even see the blood vessels in the brain of a fetus in an MRI during the pregnancy.
It’s a different store if they had that technology available in Cameron. And of course there are parents who don’t want to have checkups done.
Kids don't really get CTs etc cos they don't want to expose them to the radiation etc. if they thought it was lung/chest they would had stopped.
Yes they get, even pregnant women get if needed. If we have a serious concern and a question that could be answered by medical imaging, in the deveped world we for sure will perform one. In this case an MRI would have given the answer.

I don’t know what kind of censorship is going on here and why my comment was removed before. Again so sorry for the little guy.

Yes they get, even pregnant women get if needed. If we have a serious concern and a question that could be answered by medical imaging, in the deveped world we for sure will perform one. In this case an MRI would have given the answer.
With kids and Pregos, they need to suspect it though. They won't do it to rule things out. If they thought they had it down as a chest issue, they wouldn't do anything for the brain.

Very tough loss, he looks fine considering. (I watched the interview)

With kids and Pregos, they need to suspect it though. They won't do it to rule things out. If they thought they had it down as a chest issue, they wouldn't do anything for the brain.
That was my point, they could have suspected it before he was born (basic ultra sound during pregnancy) and in Africa when he got his first seizure (MRI for kids is in this case a normal protocol). But they didn’t and maybe they didn’t even count 1+1 in SA or they didn’t have enough information from his previous health issues.

My little girl is 15 months and I can not imagine losing her at this stage.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Losing a child has to be soul crushing. I pray that Ngannou and his family will be able to get past this and cherish the memories they had.

Painful read. Dunno what I expected but he described the feeling of grief and loss so eloquently. The finality is what makes it hurt so much.

My heart goes out to him.

That was my point, they could have suspected it before he was born (basic ultra sound during pregnancy) and in Africa when he got his first seizure (MRI for kids is in this case a normal protocol). But they didn’t and maybe they didn’t even count 1+1 in SA or they didn’t have enough information from his previous health issues.

Where is it normal to do an MRI on a baby for a seizure? Febrile seizures are routinely given motrin/tylenol, observed for 4 hours and discharged as long as no recurrent seizure is seen and UA/blood work comes back good.

Maybe I'm missing something

I wanna go home and hug the fuck out of my kids right now. I truly couldn't imagine what the champ is going through. This reality we live in is a tough one to stomach, that cruel things happen like that daily. Hug your loved ones, forgive your enemies, and find people you wish to connect with, because one day it's all over faster than it ever began.

It's hard for doctors. Humans could have anything. Wish they tested it all. Imoossible to rule everything and anything out. RIP

Thank you that you have compassion for everybody in the tragedy. How likely is it that in one emergency visit any doctor would have the time to be able to narrow in on the rare and unlikely but in this case true reason for a symptom? It doesn't have to mean ignorance or malpractice, and it's unfair and unkind to automatically assume it.

Thank you that you have compassion for everybody in the tragedy. How likely is it that in one emergency visit any doctor would have the time to be able to narrow in on the rare and unlikely but in this case true reason for a symptom? It doesn't have to mean ignorance or malpractice, and it's unfair and unkind to automatically assume it.
I remember when my brother almost died from his apendix and we tought he had a fewer. My mom was stupid. He was in angony she told him shut up you have a fewer. Doctors didn't diagnose it. He got 2 surgeries and a huge scar in the middle of his lower abdomen. First surgery didn't even go right.
But in this case what are the ods of a 18 month old to have a brain malfunction and it showing as lung symptoms.

In my brothers case, I guess you can't blame balkan people for having lower IQs and being the worse doctors compared to Germans.
They try.

Where is it normal to do an MRI on a baby for a seizure? Febrile seizures are routinely given motrin/tylenol, observed for 4 hours and discharged as long as no recurrent seizure is seen and UA/blood work comes back good.

Maybe I'm missing something
If you have a serious seizure, like similar to an epileptic seizure. It is routine to do an MRI at least in Western Europe.

If you have a serious seizure, like similar to an epileptic seizure. It is routine to do an MRI at least in Western Europe.
AH I see. Here we typically (in ER) only do MRI if the seizures are recurring and cannot be attributed to febrile seizure. I'm sure money is the key.

@bigmacbub Something funny :eek::eek::eek:

Screenshot-from-2024-07-26-11-01-53.png

tumblr_m59e8uYhOq1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

I remember when my brother almost died from his apendix and we tought he had a fewer. My mom was stupid. He was in angony she told him shut up you have a fewer. Doctors didn't diagnose it. He got 2 surgeries and a huge scar in the middle of his lower abdomen. First surgery didn't even go right.
But in this case what are the ods of a 18 month old to have a brain malfunction and it showing as lung symptoms.

In my brothers case, I guess you can't blame balkan people for having lower IQs and being the worse doctors compared to Germans.
They try.

I remember visiting a hospital in Šibenik in the mid 70s. Shudder. My grandmother had broken her hip but because she had some heart issues they wouldn't operate to fix it. So she just lay in the hospital bed until she died...

One of my older cousins over there was a doctor, BTW. I probably owe my life to him pulling some strings when I was 5 and with my mom when she was visiting in Zagreb, and I caught pneumonia. But it took me decades to get over the fear of needles engendered by having him come over and stick one of those huge metal reusable needles in my ass every day for two weeks.

He ended up killing himself after he got a diagnosis of cancer. After your comment, I wonder now if it was because he knew what kind of treatment to expect and decided to shorten the ordeal.

Back