• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

parent took a teacher hostage in stand-off today -- still ongoing

I don't know why anyone wants to be a teacher. My sister is one. She doesn't get paid shit and when she gets home, she still has to grade papers and do a bunch of school related bullshit.

Depends on when they started in Cali.

With the old pension system if you started teaching at 22 you could retire at 55 with a 99% pension with cost of living adjustment plus some social security. And that pay in Cali is likely 100k near retirement.

hopefully it was that sick lady showing kids how to insert a dildo

dildo-1.jpg

What the hell is the story here?
I only ask because I desperately hope it is not as bad as it appears.

Schools should not be able to hold a student hostage from a parent.

The school is not the parent.

And this parent might have a case against the school if the school would not release the kid.

You can't hold a teacher hostage, just call the cops.

We need more info though
Depends. If there are some sort of family law, family violence or care and protection orders in place, that may mean that they can't merely release the child into that parent's care and may need to instead call the police.

Read my first post. I said he shouldn't do that, instead just call the cops if the school is holding your kid from you.
Ok. You said he might "have a case", so I thought you were implying something that would excuse his actions.

Ok. You said he might "have a case", so I thought you were implying something that would excuse his actions.
No, I don't excuse his actions of taking a teacher hostage.

He might have a case against the school if they are keeping his kid from him. If he is the legal guardian as others have pointed out.

or perhaps this was during school time and the dad have no valid reason to make the kid skip school.

Wait what the hell? I gotta give the school a "valid reason" to pick up my kid from school? What kind of bs is that?

I've never heard of it or seen it when I went to school. My parents just came and got me out of school if I had to go to a Dr or leave early for some reason.

My guess is since you were a kid you didn't know what the fuck was going on and your parents signed you out in the main office like everyone else.

Plot twist: the kid was homeschooled

My guess is since you were a kid you didn't know what the fuck was going on and your parents signed you out in the main office like everyone else.
Yeah I went down to the office and they probably signed me out.

I've signed my kid out at the office too to get him out.

http://education.findlaw.com/education-options/compulsory-education-laws-background.html

Kids must goto school. That's why most of the time, the kids need a DOCTORS slip and not a PARENT slip. I know some schools are more lenient and will allow a parent slip but if you miss 3 or more days, a doctor slip is usually required.
You give them the doctor slip after you bring them back to school though. I've just signed my kid out at the office if I needed to take him out.

Back