palhares/marq. was there a wipedown?

Somebody needs to kick that ref in his balls for not giving that guy 5 minutes when he was needed in his junk. Know the damn rules ref!
That's exactly what I said when watching, knee the ref in the balls and make him continue reffing right away and see how he handles it. There is no doubt he pressured that kid into continuing too quickly.

I don't understand why they need SO many new refs. Pay Herb, Rosenthal, and McCarthy a chunk more and have them ref every fight.

As far as the main event, it was definitely a mistake by Palhares to completely stop fighting, but I can understand his reaction if he really believed deep down that his opponent was cheating. It's easy to lose heart when you're competing against a cheater. (or someone you really believe is cheating.)

People here are seriously stupid. There are ways to hide that you're greasing with preparation. Also, Nate is a known cheater. The guy uses steroids. I don't really care but stop being so damn sheepish.

People here are seriously stupid. There are ways to hide that you're greasing with preparation.

Nate greased with Preparation?

30573286810_450x450_a.jpg

No wonder the athletic commission couldn't detect it!

on rewatching i see no wiping, murillo hisself and the rest of the camp have said there was no foul play. good enough for bustamante good enough for me.

Especially when that move involved a major risk of giving up the top against a very good wrestler/GnPer. Palhares lost the fight by unnecessarily throwing away a great position for the sake of a risky submission and then stopping paying attention when he lost it and was on the bottom. A shame.

I'd venture that unless the a fighter is mixing up submissions, the only one they could routinely get away with is a RNC because in order to get there the fighter has cut through their opponent's defenses and dominated their opponent positionally. I'm not against leg locks, but I don't see the full compliment of grappling skills in their application. People tap to heel hooks because most of them don't train heel hooks and they don't want to risk a career-ending knee injury doing so. I think the ultimate is to dominate someone even when they know full well how to defend it. Heel hooks are a shortcut and if the opponent knows how to deal with them, the fighter is left in a bad position.

One guy on another thread mentioned marquardt had his corner wipe him down after the fight before the commision checked him. I didn't notice during the broadcast.

Rousimar, perdomo, vieira salazar and master murillo are giving a seminar on Sunday, I will ask them then. Can anyone verify a wipedown?

You will be their favourite participant. A keen mind and perception are qualities that impress everyone.

Bummed about Toquinho's loss. But im sure he will come back stronger than ever!

btw, super jealous the Texas crew gets the huge seminar. I know Murilo and Toquinho are comin to LBC, not sure about Miltoninho, and Salazar. Prolly not.

Back